Exclamation Do you see the logic in this....

I never really understood this [b]fully[b]...

Resellers opt to go with enom or someother domain resellers and spend great amount of time and money by branding/white labeling there domain resellers options.....when clearly somebody runs a search on the domain they registered and comes up enom or godaddy or somebody else as the registerer....to me that seems like not worth all the effort we put in the first place into our resellers website integrating the available API, making sure you have a good deposit in your account with a enom before you can buy domains from them and even higher deposits to get domains at a dollar cheaper than the previous price.... To me it makes more sense just buy the domains as the customers place the order on the resellers website...one at a time....and its much cheaper with ev1 or web or godaddy or anyother company which offers cheap domains and yet go services......

Don't get me wrong i am not trying to badmouth enom or wildwestdomains but really don't really don't see all the benefits of having a domain reseller accounts.....

Your opinions are welcome....

Look just an example

Godaddy is more expensive than its reseller domain: http://www.domainsmadeeasy.com/ ...

And I just open my own reseller account to have the ability to pay $6.99 per domain with Directi...

For me, I see a point in having a reseller account... but perhaps others would not see the point! For me, it will mean money savings

my 2 (Euro ) cents
    Ludo
    Regards,
    Ludovic Coumétou
    Founder of the MythTV Community Website :: MythTVtalk.com :: Latest MythTV News

You are quite correct but it does depend on your own business model, if you are only registering a few domains for your customers then a reseller account and online system does not really matter, on the other hand you want an online system and try to capture the cheap end of the market ( why?) then you do.

However it is not only about registration but maintaining, rneweing, nameservers etc and allowing your customers access to a system that allows them to do this for themselves and therefore reducing your involvement.

Neither is wrong it is just what suits you best.

Also that great domain the customer wants may be gone by the time you get around to registering it for them unless you are superman and are around 24/7/365
    Nil illegitimi carborundum
    I'm getting old and don't do drugs. I get the same effect just standing up fast.

I do agree with goldwing point of business model... Thats the only thing i could kind of think about before posting this thread...more opnions are welcome

Originally posted by Goldwing
    Also that great domain the customer wants may be gone by the time you get around to registering it for them unless you are superman and are around 24/7/365
    lol

Yep,it happened to me once, to have a domain spanned I wanted to buy a family name, but someone did it just before me but I will try to make a backorder to see if I can manage to have it back!

But I also managed once to buy the domain before somone else, when I ordered lubox.com someone was after it too and he finally bought lubox.net :p

Ludo
    Regards,
    Ludovic Coumétou
    Founder of the MythTV Community Website :: MythTVtalk.com :: Latest MythTV News