Thread: DirectAdmin

DirectAdmin

greetings
    anyone installed and use direct admin control panel ?
    directadmin.com
    just want to check if there is much errors and problems about it
    do you recommend using it ? for business?
    ===================
    | http://www.EasyHTTP.com
    | Phone: 962(777)31-5520
    ===================

DirectAdmin is a great control panel. It is still relatively young but I would definetly recommend it for any type of usage, be it for business or just personal use.

Originally posted by HstCreations
    DirectAdmin is a great control panel. It is still relatively young but I would definetly recommend it for any type of usage, be it for business or just personal use.
    I agree

Same! Tested it locally, and it seemed to work ok.

Originally posted by Joseph_M
    Same! Tested it locally, and it seemed to work ok.
    How can you test it locally? It will ask you for licence information before install directadmin..

Why would testing something locally insinuate no license?
    Matthew Gunnin
    COO - Dataracks, Inc.
    Dataracks.net | Ultra-Reliable Hosting.

hmmm would it work to install DirectAdmin at home LAN server with invalid license?

There is a demo available on www.directadmin.com. I like it, I think it works great and its not resource intensive.

DirectAdmin is very good now, they have fixed a lot of bugs since fall and it is stable. They also have a great support and usually fix bugs very promptly when you report it to them.

we've been using it in a commercial environment for a while now, and its very good
    excellent value for money too
    laslo.ca
    Quality Canadian Web Hosting

The main thing that really stands out, is that it uses C++, making it faster and more roubust. Not to mention it's stable & secure.
    CloudRck.com - Host on Cloudrck
    Unmetered VPS Solutions at it's finest

I absolutely love DirectAdmin. I won't even consider using another panel at this point.

I've had admin experience with both plesk and cpanel and DirectAdmin is far superior to both products. It's more user-friendly than plesk and much less of a hassle to admin than CPanel.

As with all software products there have been bugs. However, even the smallest bugs have been fixed within days as compared to weeks with CPanel. Not only that, the development team is also quick to implement feature requests as they're made on the forum.

DirectAdmin on SuSE?

Has anyone tried to use DirectAdmin on SuSE Linux?

Their web site says they require Redhat or FreeBSD , but I am already familiar with SuSE, and I some of the default directories are different in Redhat/Fedora from what I understand.

If anyone has used it successfully with SuSE, I will probably buy it even if it is not a supported platform.

Thanks,
    Rodney

i have done things with DA that i havent been able to do with any other CP - i will recommend it to anyone

DirectAdmin is just great!!!

I gotta say I love DA. I just wish it were a little more popular.

DirectAdmin is an elite product for it's price point. We can afford to actually include this product in our dedicated server offers. I can't say that for anything else out there right now.
    Thank You,
    Chad McCan
    www.bluevirtual.com
    www.bvgamer.com

Originally posted by Darktwist
    How can you test it locally? It will ask you for licence information before install directadmin..
    As long as your computer is directly plugged into your internet connection, it'll work. You need a public IP to use the license with, they can't do anything on internal IPs.

I tested a very early version of DA, and reported some bugs to them, but other than the early bugs, I loved the interface (especially with some skins on it).

-Josh

DirectAdmin.com is very very good!
    bugless ,very fast ,professional and freindly.

every few weeks they release new version which is much more advanced and better then older!

very good JOB!

Originally posted by lnguyen
    I gotta say I love DA. I just wish it were a little more popular.
    Yeah, I agree, but thats only because it hasn't been out as long as the rest of the CP's.
    CloudRck.com - Host on Cloudrck
    Unmetered VPS Solutions at it's finest

well i had to get a new box, and i tried cpanel. i guess you have no idea what you are missing till you try another product. Direct admin by far beats cpanel in speed and administration. for one there isn't 5 different ports to log into, just 1, where you can manage everything from 1 username. not to mention top notch support and they are very community based, they listen to your input. i can't even imagine using another control panel.

Re: DirectAdmin on SuSE?

Originally posted by rodloos
    Has anyone tried to use DirectAdmin on SuSE Linux?

Their web site says they require Redhat or FreeBSD , but I am already familiar with SuSE, and I some of the default directories are different in Redhat/Fedora from what I understand.

If anyone has used it successfully with SuSE, I will probably buy it even if it is not a supported platform.

Thanks,
    Rodney
    Probably not such a great idea since it realies hevaily on RPMs for the linux distributions and if the dependcies its expecting to find arent there then your in for a long hall.

On the original note: We use direct admin currently for our resellers and they seem to be very happy with it and so am I (from an admin stand point) . It's API is a god send for automation.