Who is the most dependable hosting service (in your opinion)

Mainly referring to uptime (most important) and reasonable price. I'm almost to the point of just shutting the website down and calling it a day.

A lot offer 99.5%+ uptime. Just take a look around. Most of the big names can offer almost total uptime.

Re: Who is the most dependable hosting service (in your opinion)

Originally posted by autobilia
    Mainly referring to uptime (most important) and reasonable price. I'm almost to the point of just shutting the website down and calling it a day.
    imhosted.com offered that too, but site was up only 75% of the time. Looking for stable uptime and stable mysql and I'd be ok.

www.enhancedhost.com is the most dependable in my opinion, it is the first host I have signed up for a second year stint with.

Their plans seem to be toward small personal sites.

What is reasonable price?
    Like us on Facebook to qualify for discounts!
    http://www.sprintserve.net
    Offering: | Internap FCP Bandwidth! | Rebootless Kernel Updates! | Magento Optimized Hosting | Wordpress Hosting |
    Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management |

Their plans seem to be toward small personal sites.
    Well you asked about dependable, you didn't state any size requirements.

Pair has a reputation for excelent uptime AFAIK, but there are many hosts out there that know how to manage their servers and have great uptime records. Good luck with your search!

Originally posted by ldcdc
    ...there are many hosts out there that know how to manage their servers and have great uptime records....
    That is very true, however most just can't find *that* host or are lost in the available choices on offer.
    YourCheapHost.com - Low cost multi domain hosting solutions. [Legal adult content friendly]
    Reliable web site hosting is our motto. We have Alertra stats to back that up.
    Proven provider of high quality shared and reseller accounts since 2002.

I am with enhancedhost.com US-based account for past one year, now my size grow to 4GB disk space and 50GB data transfer. I am paying AU$45 per month. Enhancedhost is excellent so far.

But then, my size is still growing, what is/are other alternatives I can find? I also want to get some backup now in case enhancedhost cannot upgrade me.

...offered that too, but site was up only 75% of the time.
    If they guarantee 99.5% but are only up 75%, then they should be refunding you nearly (if not entirely) all your hosting fee, shouldn't they? A guarantee is nothing unless it also comes with promise and delivery of substantial credit for downtime, so no matter who you go with, don't even bother paying attention to their uptime claims unless :

1) They can prove past uptime for several months with verifiable documentation.

and

2) Their SLA has a written guarantee of credit or refund in amounts which will actually hurt their business if they don't meet their obligations.
    http://www.srohosting.com
    Stability, redundancy and peace of mind

COst

Originally posted by anon-e-mouse
    www.enhancedhost.com is the most dependable in my opinion, it is the first host I have signed up for a second year stint with.
    they are costly, how about http://www.aksinfo.com

i am hosted with them,

I have experience with and can recommend http://www.tekadvantage.com for multi domain, reseller and general web hosting and http://www.servint.net for virtual private servers.
    Josh Powell.
    ServerSpotCheck - Is your website down?
    Skimpylink - Not as tiny as some but much cuter!

Idologic.com gets my vote.

It's usually near 100%, lately it's been around 99.6% according to Alertra.com

Quote Originally Posted by SROHost
    If they guarantee 99.5% but are only up 75%, then they should be refunding you nearly (if not entirely) all your hosting fee, shouldn't they? A guarantee is nothing unless it also comes with promise and delivery of substantial credit for downtime, so no matter who you go with, don't even bother paying attention to their uptime claims unless :

1) They can prove past uptime for several months with verifiable documentation.

and

2) Their SLA has a written guarantee of credit or refund in amounts which will actually hurt their business if they don't meet their obligations.
    They don't refund you, just give you credit.
    Hobby Insider - www.hobbyinsider.net
    (Sports Related Hovvy site with some non-sport)
    Hosters to avoid:
    imhosted.com (worst hoster around)