Problems with Mesopia, advice needed

Maybe someone can help me figure this out because I am at a loss.

I am one of the victims of the eryxma saga. I was a happy customer for several months until the company collapsed, so I went looking for another host.

I thought Mesopia had a good deal. I tried contacting them before joining and received a response from Jay Hijdon that made it seem like I was a welcome customer, so I paid through Paypal for a hosting service and hoped for the best.

A few days passed and I did not receive a welcome email with information on how to enter their server in order to upload my site. I wrote Jay and he answered that he will be “re sending” my welcome email. “Re-sending” means that it was sent once before right? Well the second time didn’t arrive either. I wrote again after a couple of days, and after no more responses I decided to look elsewhere.

So after 8 days I sent a cancellation email to Jay and also a few other email addresses I found on Mesopia, requesting termination of service and a refund, and some sort of an acknowledgment. They claim to have a 30-day money back guarantee.

Up to now I received No response what so ever.

I am confused. I thought hosts want new customers. What is going on here? Is it something I said? I didn’t have a chance to say anything.

This is a good opportunity to also discuss the use of Paypal as a form of payment to hosts. An advantage is that you don’t have to spread your credit card information to many sellers. But now, how do I do a chargeback?

Maybe Webhostingtalk will be able to elicit a sign of life from Mesopia and from their 24/7 promised wonderful support.

Thanks for any response

San Francisco, CA
    *, LLC - Offering awesome website hosting for over 9 years!
    * Shared Hosting * Reseller Hosting * Pure SSD VPS * Managed Dedicated