Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Targetedvisitors.info are they good?

I wanted to ask if anyone is familiar with
    http://www.targetedvisitors.info/
    whether they are good or bad? any experiences with them?

thanks, if anyone has a company with good experience and ROI pls share very much appreciated thanks alot!

yaser
      0 Not allowed!

I would appreciate any information on targetedvisitors.info too.
      0 Not allowed!

I've used them for a little over two weeks now and have gotten two signups as a result within the first few days but none since. Ironically I was browsing who was visiting my site with my livehelp script and was able to track where they came from when they signed up.

The two signups were well worth it though as they've purchased decently priced plans that already paid back what I paid for in the advertising campaign itself. The campaign is still ongoing so we'll see what happens after the first month.
    Kevin G.
    http://www.i2iwebsolutions.com
    http://www.utex.biz
      0 Not allowed!

I am not sure if these type of websites really deliver quality traffic...
      0 Not allowed!

if your ad is not in the form of popup... it should be good.
    because many people now have popup blocker and some traffic provider will consider served your ad even if the popup is being block.
      0 Not allowed!

I'm not gonna bash but I have to say there are many different venues of getting good traffic.

I know that NH and like 4 or 5 other hosts sponsor a big net radio station and we must get 3 signups a day from just that sponsorship.

I would consult other webhosts on how the advertise or get clients etc. before settling on any said venue.

I always like to ask companies like this so if we pay you how many customers are you gonna send us?
      0 Not allowed!

No company can tell you how many "customers" they can send you, the most they can tell you that your ad will run in a webmaster area or targeted area and the click-through rate. It also depends on your hosting plans and the way the people who come to your site think.
      0 Not allowed!

You will never have a guarantee if the traffic that you receive is what you expect. It's like with every advertsing option. You will have to play with things to find your way. A friend of mine used this website above to push one of his ebay auctions. Imagine that an ebay auction that has more than 40,000 visitors will get more attention and higher bids. It has worked for my friend. He was not relaly looking for buyers from the traffic but used the result for marketing purposes.
    Web Hosting Resource Kit - Web Hosting Reviews & Hosting Tutorials
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Yaser
    No company can tell you how many "customers" they can send you, the most they can tell you that your ad will run in a webmaster area or targeted area and the click-through rate. It also depends on your hosting plans and the way the people who come to your site think.
    Technically, every visitor they send you is a potential customer... and whether they buy or not depends on your website.

I have used TargetedVisitors.info and can vouch that the traffic is real. I didn't get any signups, however, my site really wasnt a very good ad for it. I will be running another campaign with them later and create a custom landing page to improve my chances of convincing people to sign up with me.
      0 Not allowed!

Now that's a very interesting story TheFish. You have some very clever friends!
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by NeonHQ
    because many people now have popup blocker and some traffic provider will consider served your ad even if the popup is being block.
    Blocked popups are not counted since the tracking code is loaded in the full-screen popunder window, not on the site that opens it. This is new as of early April.
    Dan Grossman - dan @ awio.com
    My Blog | Affiliate Program for Web Hosts
      0 Not allowed!

I tested this service out and the traffic is delivered 100% and all real. The trick is capturing their attention to convert this type of traffic into sales.
    Gary Jones

BlueFur.com - Canada Web Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

So a landing page is necessary? and what can a host put on a landing page to attract customers?

I know im asking too much :d but hints or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! thanks
      0 Not allowed!

I signed up for a targeted campaign and did not receive any signups. For right now, it was a waste of $40, but maybe in the future someone might come back. I don't recommend it. There are much better opportunities for the buck out there.
      0 Not allowed!

which places do you recommend adaptivehost? if you dont mind me asking, you can PM me thanks
      0 Not allowed!

I had a larger campaign with them and didn't get a single order. Doesn't pay off if you are asking me !
      0 Not allowed!

For those that didnt receive any new signups, its is most likely due to the fact that you had a poor landing page. Most often, a web hosts front page does not make a very good advertisement. They may look pretty or cool, but they arent optimized for sales.

In order to use targetedvisitors.info to the most potential, you need to have a customized landing page that is just for sales. you dont need any "log into control panel here" or anything, you want to have a clean display of your plans, possibly some testimonials, and you want to create a desire for the customer to sign up.

In marketing, its called AIDA : Attention, Interest, Desire, Action.

You want to catch your customers attention, create interest, turn that interest into desire, and then force them to make an action.

Often times, us geeks and system gurus think that because we can run a web server, that we can run a business. Well running a business is more than creating accounts, and taking money. Marketing is KEY.
      0 Not allowed!

@amish_geek:

Don't think so ! I am getting lots of orders from Google and my own sites. If my site was crap I wouldn't get these either ! I've been in business for less than 2 months, still have about 100 customers already so my site has potential but I didn't get new orders Through Tagetetedvisitors.info
      0 Not allowed!

Therein lies the problem. Your site is geared towards those who are SEARCHING for web hosting. Thus, they already have the interest and desire for it.

With internet marketing, especially using the search engines, you target those who are looking for what you are offering.

With targetedvisitors.info and other companies who send traffic via targeted and untargeted pop unders, you need to create that interest and desire in people who are not necessarily looking for hosting.

So you may have a great site for people who know what you want, but your landing page needs to convince people that they want to buy hosting.
      0 Not allowed!

@amish_geek:

My other sites are not targeted towards hosting either and people there are not looking for hosting and still I get a lot of orders from them so you are not right, sorry.
      0 Not allowed!

I think the campaigns on targetedvisitors.info would pay off if you got around 100 times more traffic for the same money.
      0 Not allowed!

But they still take the initiative to click through to your site, so the people arriving at your hosting site are already people looking for hosting. With a popunder service, the people seeing your site did not say "I want to find a web host". It's a different mindset you need to understand.
      0 Not allowed!

Yes probably but that's why popunder stuff doesn't work. Maybe with a perfect site and extremly low prices you'd get a few signups, still if you just took the money and spent it on Adwords you got 50 times more signups so why should one spend money for that crap while they can get advertising with a much better ratio between the money you have spent and orders you got.
      0 Not allowed!

Really I mean if you sold about 50 to 100 times the traffic for the same price your customer's would get the same for their money as they get on Google Adwords. That's a fact, sorry ! If you sell more for less let me know and I'll try again.
      0 Not allowed!

Your points are well taken but not exactly valid. I agree, PPC advertising has a much better conversion ratio, and even with a well-made popunder, may end up at a similar or even lower price. For some people, the popunders end up cheaper (PM me if you'd like to see the ****** popunder I'm running myself for their $70/sale affiliate program, it's drawing a decent CTR).

Fact is, $1.95 per 1000 unique imps is not expensive. Publishers demand a certain level of compensation for their inventory, and if you try to pay them less you lose the good ones, the advertisers start to suffer, and the program dies.

Also, PPC has an effective traffic limit. I reached mine at about $15-25 per day with AdWords. I have a huge keyword list, manage it to keep CTR above minimums with high traffic keywords, and $15-25 is all Google can send me no matter how much I'm willing to pay. I have used at least all of the top 20 of the search engines on most PPC lists.

If I want more traffic, I need to look at other sources, whether they cost the same or not. This is why hosts with effective PPC campaigns still buy banner ads and other forms of advertising. If you need more traffic than one source can provide, you need to use more than one source. It may cost more per conversion with the banner ads than their PPC, but those are sales they wouldn't have otherwise.

Obviously it's up to you how you plan your marketing, but those are some things to consider, regardless of the mediums you're looking at.
      0 Not allowed!

@Dan:

How many impressions does it take you to refer a customer to ****** if I may ask you ?
      0 Not allowed!

It's a very thin margin. The popunder is a centered 600x400 "coupon" for ****** hosting, an ad they provide through their commission junction affiliate program. It's centered on the page, with a little whitespace above it, so that it looks good at whatever size the window it's in. It draws 4-5 clicks per 1000 imps at both networks I'm running it on (both are US-only and category targeted campaigns), and I don't have much experience with ****** yet (used to push hostrocket's program). It takes 100-200 clicks to make a sale on ****** (about their overall EPC among all affiliates according to CJ.com), so if I were paying my own retail rates, I would be doing barely better than breaking even.
      0 Not allowed!

So it takes you about 30.000 to 50.000 to make a sale on ****** ? That would cost around 70 to 150 Dollars on your site and the ****** affiliate program is very generous. As a hosting company you don't make 70 Dollars immediately, you just make 5 to 10 or what the customer pays in the first month so your advertising program is not suitable for small or medium hosting companies. I think I would have a look at it again if I had like 5000 customers and wouldn't know how to get rid of all that money but to companies with less than about 500 visitors I wouldn't recommend Targetedvisitors.info.
      0 Not allowed!

Your conclusion "so your advertising program is not suitable for small or medium hosting companies" based on a single example is not quite conclusive. Not everyone takes 100-200 clicks to convert a sale, for example.

I just wanted to provide an example of one of my own campaigns that relates to your industry, since I can't really talk about clients' campaigns. I don't target web hosts when I market anyway, it's just threads like these that get my site in front of them
      0 Not allowed!

From my personal experience I would not recommend your program to any small or medium sized business. That`s all I say. People can still try it but I'm sure if they aren't your friends etc. they will agree that this program is not suitable for small or medium sized businesses because small companies have a tight budget and should invest only in advertising campaigns with high conversion rates like Adwords.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by taketo
    People can still try it but I'm sure if they aren't your friends etc. they will agree that this program is not suitable for small or medium sized businesses because small companies have a tight budget and should invest only in advertising campaigns with high conversion rates like Adwords.
    I've been using what I believe to be one of his resellers for several months now on a few of my sites. I'm not quite sure how you can say $1.95 is not suitable for companies with a "tight budget". I spend more than that on coffee's every night.
    Webmaster Forum webmastertalk.net Webmaster Community Forum
    Website Tools domainfocus.com Webmaster Tools | IP Lookup | Domain Whois | PageRank Checker | HTTP Header Info | Link Analysis | Favicon Generator
      0 Not allowed!

>not quite sure how you can say $1.95 is not suitable for
    >companies with a "tight budget".

The problem is that for $1.95 you will get NOTHING. To get some customers from them you would have to pay like $1000.
      0 Not allowed!

The problem is that for $1.95 you will get NOTHING. To get some customers from them you would have to pay like $1000.
    Not quite sure how you can speak on behalf of the internet population. I do targeted ads and spend no more than $15/month per site with this system. Perhaps you should work on how to convert your site visitors into sales rather than bashing the source of the visitors.
    Website Tools domainfocus.com Webmaster Tools | IP Lookup | Domain Whois | PageRank Checker | HTTP Header Info | Link Analysis | Favicon Generator
      0 Not allowed!

@Amdac: How many customers did you get in what time ?
      0 Not allowed!

@Amdac: How many customers did you get in what time ?
    It's impossible to say. I currently don't have ads going directly to my index page since it has sound, although I used to use that page. Using my community forum as a landing page has definately increased traffic through the rest of the site however. In terms of signups, there's no way to know what percentage is a direct result from this campaign as I advertise on many sites. I am very pleased with the increase in traffic though, especially since it's targeted traffic.
      0 Not allowed!

@Amdac:

I have a tracking program installed to track where my customers are coming from and according to this program I got a lot from Google and from my own sites but not even a single person who was refered from targetedvisitors.info has submitted an order or even sent a sales question on the contact page or something.

So we have:
    - 50.000 visitors from Targetedvisitors.info
    - which turned in 0 orders / 0 interestes
    - while my site got 100 orders within less than 2 months from other sources
    - and while Google currently refers 10 customers for the amount I've spent on Targetedvisitors.com

Maybe you understand why I wouldn't recommend this to small companies who consider to either invest in Google or in Targetedvisitors.info. I don't say its bad for big companies who are already buying as much Google/search engine traffic as possible and are already listing their site on all the hosting directories and STILL have money to spend but not for the small guys like you and me. I mean I really don't care if anybody wants to buy their advertising but unless I have bought anything else available I will not order advertising with them again (if that's ok for you...). I don't care what everyone else does but I won't. That's all I'm saying here.
      0 Not allowed!

You got 0 orders from 40 Overture clicks too, does that mean small companies shouldnt use them either?
      0 Not allowed!

I've now purchased a total of 3,000 - 4,000 untargeted visitors from targetedvisitors.info over the last week or so. I can vouch for the fact that they deliver what they promise. I recieved the promised amount of unique visitors each time.

Whether you can get a decent ROI on this service is up to each individual business to decide. It will work for some things, but not for others.
      0 Not allowed!

40 Overture clicks have turned into 0 orders
    50.000 Targetedvisitor clicks have turned into 0 orders...

Now is it fair to compare that ??

But if you are asking me: No, I am not recommending Overture to small companies either.
      0 Not allowed!

I did also receive the amount of visitors they promised and they really were unique visitors. Targetedvisitors has delivered what they owed me so I'm not complaining. Still I wouldn't recommend their program because their traffic did not turn into orders. It's pretty simple actually.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast