I want to start!

Hi

At the moment I am inexperienced, on a number of issues so if anyone can help please do.

Basically I run a UK company selling computers. During the next year I want to expand in to web / server hosting.

I really want a complete package, and so far I think that HSPcomplete is the best one I have found, I tried emailing them, but I didnít exactly get all the responses I wanted, and I am a little confused. I was wondering if someone could answer my questions.

I want to be able to offer everything from free web hosting with low bandwidth and banners, to renting out of full servers.

I had a look into HSPcomplete, but under components it said how you could implement plesk and the others into it. Does this mean if I want to sell web hosting on top of it, I have to purchase plesk separately?

For server hosting, I want to be able to rent out both windows servers as well as Linux servers. I have seen that HSPcomplete makes it easy for Linux, but can it do windows as well. They never gave me an answer on this one!

I realise I would not be able to compete with the prices of a place like godaddy, but would I be able to offer the sort of services?

Also, anyone else with HSPcomplete, how much did it cost, and what is the licensing like? The only thing that they have told me is it is around $10000, they havenít told me anything about the breakdown, and what it is included etc

I am not experienced with Linux, but I have got many friends who are and have offered to help me on this project. I am however experienced with asp and I am starting to switch to php. Anyway, I have made tons of applications and such, and was wondering using the pre built application things they talk about, would I be able to package my scripts, and let people use them? I have written loads and I think this will give me an advantage!

I can easily buy servers, and I was wondering what software will I need? I already have Linux red hat enterprise, and obviously I will have HSPcomplete. I havenít seen them and I donít know how it would work, but do I need anti virus to scan whets in peoples web space, and also some sort of firewall?

Can I give people full dns management and other features? As I refeared to earlier on godaddy.com . I really want to offer similar services to people.

I really want to move in to web hosting, and money is not an issue. I always believe unless you are willing to commit everything and do your best, there isnít much point in doing something.

Any help or advice anyone can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks you.

Take a step back for a second,

Right now you sell computers, and basically, youíre looking to expand in the future to offer web-hosting services. Right? Everything from free hosting to leasing out dedicated servers.

Ok, ambitious, as many of us are. But I think youíre making this more complicated then it needs to be.

To offer hosting yourself, you simply need to lease a server OR signup for a reseller / VPS solution. Companies that Iíd recommend for servers are:

www.FastServers.net (West Coast)
    www.ServerMatrix.com (Central)
    www.CRNC.net (East Coast)
    www.GNAX.com (East Coast)

Additionally, if youíre interested in leasing out servers, you could either buy your own servers, and then collocate them at a data center / collocation facility, in which case youíd be paying for bandwidth and space within the facility -> or you could sign up for a dedicated server reseller program with a company like:

www.ServerMatrix.com (Requires you to be a pre-existing customer to resell their servers.)
    www.FastServers.net (Requires you to be a pre-existing customer to resell their servers.)
    www.GNAX.com (Does not require you to be a pre-existing customer.)
    www.Dinix.com (Requires you to be a pre-existing customer to resell their servers.)

So on and so forth.

Does this help you at all? Or did I totally miss the mark? lol.
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz

you missed a bit sorry!

I am uk based anyway, and also I already know about data centers and stuff, I am simply intrested in what people have to say about HSPcomplete, and if there is anything else better.

not important I will find out soon, but I was wondering if anyone can tell me how much bandwidth costs approx? I have made enquirys, but I wont hear back for about a week.

Thanks

Iíve never even heard of HSPcomplete, and I was trying to make things less complicated for you.

As for ďhow much bandwidth costs,Ē well that totally depends on what youíre talking aboutÖ

Bandwidth from where? From a collocation facility? Thatíll depend on the facility. Are you looking to obtain a dedicated line from a major upstream provider? HehÖ basically, what are you talking about?
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz

hsp complete - ht tp://www.swsoft.net I am under posts so i cant give link... remove the space!

and bandwidth, it isnt important I will wait, I was just wondering how much others pay on average as a quick example.

Ok, if Iím not mistaken, the HSPcomplete is simply a hosting atomization tool. Something like www.whmautopilot.com to help you manage your clients and what not.

Is this all youíre asking about, if itís a good tool for a webhost? Or are you under the misconception that with HSPcomplete youíll be able to offer hosting / dedicated services simply by signing up for this?
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz

I understand all the hard work involved, I simply want to purchase a piece of software that will make it a lot easier!

You should go with a reseller plan, as far as automation is, you can do that for your billing through www.clientexec.com www.modernbill.com
    checkout www.alabanza.com, but they are very expensive to start off with. You should get a dedicated server from www.affinity.com www.serverbeach.com
    You wouldnt want to automate sign-ups because there can be fraud cases. be carefull as to what you select. thanks

I would definately reccomend ClientExec for billing. The ticket system lacks a bit, for that I would reccomend Kayako eSupport.

Good luck

ive heard alot about fraud on internet hosting recently. I was wondering if someone does allow a fraud transaction to go through, what happens? do you not get the money,... I just want to know!?

Greetings:

H-Sphere from http://www.psoft.net includes SignUp guard which can help dramatically with preventing fraudulent accounts from signing up.

H-Sphere competes with HSPComplete.

We actually looked at HSPComplete prior to moving to H-Sphere.

While I am sure others have had better experience with SWSoft sales, I have no kind words for the sales person I had.

The pricing would change almost weekly. I felt like I was in the worse used car lot sales cycle; and eventually gave up.

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

When you receive a fraudulent order, you are subject to chargebacks, you definitely do not get to keep the money ordered with a fake / stolen credit card or paypal account (whatever means that account was ordered with.)
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz

Greetings:

For H-Sphere users with the appropriate Signup Guard settings, the charge never goes thorugh.

So there is no charge back or fees; and the money never left the account of the actual card holder.

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

Hi there,

It's like me saying, I'm good with unix and windows, so I'm going to start programming firewalls for banks? Where do I start?

Without trying to knock you enthusiasm, the best way for you to start is with a reseller account and to move upwards in line with your newly aquired knowledge.

Good look.
    Olly | INX-Gaming
    Call of Duty 4 hosting