Resell SSL certificates

I'd like to can sell SSL certificates to my customers.

I've seen the reseller program of InstantSSL (Comodo) with a deposit of $200 or $1000. It seems interresting with good rebates for bulk purchase. Has anybody experiment that with them?

I can't find any good info about the reseller program of GeoTrust.

If somebody has another idea of SSL resell program...

Thanks,
    David.

depends on your wholesale costs. My SSL was $49 from EV1 thru geotrust, geotrust has a reseller program but if Im not mistaken there more money for the reseller then purshasing direct from ev1

OpenSRS offers a resell program for SSL certificates. They're are just too expensive (unless they have lowered their wholesale prices). Was something like around $79 or so for 1 certificate - if I remember right.
    Web Hosting Resource Kit - Web Hosting Reviews & Hosting Tutorials

Go with Comodo

Simon
    EIRCA Ltd, home of The Genius Network.

I agree, Comodo it is.
    Need Control Panel help? Tutorials, FAQS, user guides. and more
    Don't have the control panel you use listed? Let us know.

We use Comodo . It's doing quite well so far. The bonus stuff was great also - PremiumSSL cert, and some TrustLogos.

And for Comodo, is it possible to have some automation things ? Like an API ? Or have you to get certificate manually ?

Thanks,
    David.

Try Freessl.com, we use them and are very happy.
    DBH Web | 2 BUCK HOST | WHT Member Since 2002. | DBH Internet Enterprises.
    LiteSpeed, cPanel, Fully Managed WordPress, CloudLinux, DDoS Protection, Daily Backups,
    RAID 10 Pure SSD, Premium Network, 24/7 Support, 30 Day Money-Back Guarantee.

Over 15 years experience in the Web Hosting Industry.

seems like a lot of rooting for comodo....
    going once going twice going thrice........gonnne
    comodo it is....just kidding

good luck

FYI -- Freessl.com is owned and operated by Geotrust.

The guy running it used to be a director at Comodo.

Im not saying they are bad, but its kinda fishy

I am still under the impression they are all linked in one way or another, but I have contacted basically all of them and unless you have 10k+ to throw down (I do not) then you are going to pay $79+ per certificate and not even close to EV1's rate unless you put down 50k+ so EV1 is usually the best option that I have found as of yet..

IF anyone knows of any better deals please by all means post them but I have been unable to find any without putting such a large deposit, 1k is ok but most of us small timers don't have 10k to have cfloating around in unused SSL certificates.

With Comodo Group, we now pay a little under $32 per InstantSSL certificate. I think our buy price for PremiumSSL is $68

It requires a substantial 'cash-down' but it's worth it if you have a pre-built market for it.

For instance, we didn't put any deposit's down, until we knew we had 150 definite buyers.

Comodo, in my opinion, have the best structure in place.

With Comodo, if you put 1k down, you can get instantssl cert's @ $39.20. $200 deposit will get you a buy price of $42.88

FYI: If you think Comodo, and Geotrust are linked, you're crazy.. have you not seen the campaigns that go on with these two groups?

Simon

exactly, Comodo and Geotrust hate each other more than anyone. I was one of the first hosting companies to use comodo almost 2 yrs ago. Now I am not working in a hosting company anymore. BUT I would refer people and companies to Comodo day and night. I am not saying that Geotrust is bad, I just never used them.

Anyway, if you negotiate enough, you can get certs from comodo at $32 only with 1k down. trust me, if you sell certs at $40 you will have no problems selling them. Its all about marketing and if you dont want to sell them, lease them at $5 a month.

Again, Comodo is a good company and has good prices. Geotrust is a good company, but their pricing structure is not the best for resellers. FreeSSL.com is a geotrust company that is trying to beat out Comodo.

I guess before not too long - one will buy the other one.
    Web Hosting Resource Kit - Web Hosting Reviews & Hosting Tutorials

Originally posted by TheFish
    I guess before not too long - one will buy the other one.
    Very, very highly doubtful.

They'll always be competitors.

Simon

Question Automatisation of comodo certs sell, any?

I has got an acocunt for reselling Comodo certs, however most people
    that want an SSL cert want to pay online with a credit card,
    so I need to automate this thing too.

Do you (comodo resellers) have some kind of automation process for the sell of the certificates? Have you done any in-house development based in Comodo's API?