ImagemagicK Problem

Does anybody know the path to imagemagicK when setting up the 4Images software control panel?.

I contacted my host, who has suggested that I try either /usr/bin/ or /usr/bin/convert but both of these produce error messages. I've also tried the usr/local/bin path suggested on the ImagemagicK.org site and various combinations of the above, omitting the trailing slashes etc.

All keep giving the same error:-

ImageMagick error. Wrong path or ImageMagick not installed. Check module settings.
    Any advice would be appreciated

I suggest since you tried /usr/bin your best bet would be is to try /usr/X11R6/bin. If that does not work I would ask the host to give you the directory exactly or its apprent ImageMagick is not installed.

Thanks for your help, but this suggestion didn't work either.

I have already contacted my host who gave me two of the suggestions above. Neither has worked. They clearly and publically advertise ImagemaicK as being available on their server and this was instrumental in my requirements, so if I have been misled, then they are about to lose a customer and get a lot of negative feedback.

However, I did want to check every possibility before contacting them again and voicing my concerns.

Check with them and make sure ImageMagick perl has been installed and that the rpm has been also. This corrected our clients problem once we did both.

i have been provided with usr/local/bin/convert before, but not checked it out yet, as i was getting major issues installing gallery..

I would recommend as above checking to see if the hosting provider has both Perl and RPM installed versions as this has fixxed our clients problems.

Thanks for your help so far. I've emailed Nukehelpers suggestion to them and will await their response.

The path to use is /usr/bin/mogrify

In 4images, you need to put in the path AND the binary name.

ps. You need a new host if they didn't know this...
    ••• Like us on Facebook to qualify for discounts! •••
    ••• http://www.sprintserve.net •••
    ••• Offering: | Internap FCP Bandwidth! | Rebootless Kernel Updates! | Magento Optimized Hosting | Wordpress Hosting | •••
    ••• Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management | •••

if your host has PHP open_base restriction... they need to add the imagemagick path manually to their httpd.conf for your domain.
    P4HOST.COM -- Specialize in quality Web Hosting solutions.
    Affordable -- Prices are very comparative
    Reliable -- Very low load average guaranteed. 60 day money back. Fast Support --Support Forum -- Providing hosting since 2003

Originally posted by sprintserve
    The path to use is /usr/bin/mogrify

In 4images, you need to put in the path AND the binary name.

Thanks, i've tried this and still get the same error message. This isn't looking good.

ps. You need a new host if they didn't know this...

I'm not naming names but the host is a fairly well respected one here on WHT. I am beginning to wonder whether I have made the right decision after all.

You should indeed be concerned if they can't tell you where they put their binaries.

<?php
    system("/usr/bin/which convert");
    ?>

Use (s)locate instead if IM is not in the path.