What should I do? Any suggestions?

Hello,

I am paying about 7.00 or so per month for a domain name with just a few .htm files, but with an active e-mail address. Am I paying to much per month for basically an e-mail address? About once per month, I cannot access my e-mail for a few hours, but it is usually corrected within those few hours after I notify them about the issue.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks,

CompWorld

not too much if you get good support, and server uptime.
    P4HOST.COM -- Specialize in quality Web Hosting solutions.
    Affordable -- Prices are very comparative
    Reliable -- Very low load average guaranteed. 60 day money back. Fast Support --Support Forum -- Providing hosting since 2003

you could do better but if it's working fine just stay.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

I agree with the above. No sense being penny wise and pound foolish.
    WHT--The first time in my life I have been called junior...

$7.00 x 12 months = $49.00 yearly

Only you know if it's worth it. If you need the website and the email, then keep on. I can say that you might find something cheaper, but such a small plan is not certain. Just weigh the service and your needs.

CrazyTech, Don't know where you are, but here in Hampton Roads Virginia $ 7.00 x 12 months comes to $ 84! Could we be suffering from inflation?

The price is reasonable, having your email go down for a few hours every month is not reasonable IMO.

I wouldn't consider moving to save a buck or two. I most certainly would consider moving if the email downtime was unacceptable for what I needed...

Originally posted by CrazyTech
    $7.00 x 12 months = $49.00 yearly

Only you know if it's worth it. If you need the website and the email, then keep on. I can say that you might find something cheaper, but such a small plan is not certain. Just weigh the service and your needs.
    ???

hmmm, i was thinking 7x7 =49

but he said he is also getting a site as well?
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!

CrazyTech, Don't know where you are, but here in Hampton Roads Virginia $ 7.00 x 12 months comes to $ 84! Could we be suffering from inflation?
    Sheesh, talk about a bad moment - guess I should proofread more often. Yes that would be $84.00. Don't quite know where I got 7x7 from.

Anyways:

$7 x 12 months = $84.00 (Checked w/ a Calculator)

Is $84/yr worth an email account and a small website account to you?

$84 a year for a domain specific email address isn't reasonable...

For $3.95 a month you can get hosting that comes with pop3 email. And, actually it's decent hosting for the price, downtime is nil, support is nil as well, but if you're on a budget, it's a good deal. (www.be-hosted.com/)

Vivvy

For such simple needs I believe there are options out there... The more important thing is that the email service is down so often. That should be the main reason for moving (if you decide to do so).

$7? I would stay where you are, if you are getting good uptime and good support.

So you don't get a couple of egg mcmuffins every month... could be a lot worse!

The site down time I can live with, the e-mail downtime I cannot. I am probably going to move to Crystaltech where my other accounts are located. They seem to be on the ball, this company or person is not. It seems that they have no back up server if they have a server problem.

Makes no sense why they or he doesn't upgrade his own service. Oh well...
    Thanks,

CompWorld

GoDaddy charges just $9.95/yr for a 5 MB mailbox, but people have been having problems with them ( see http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=266754 )
    I guess it should be possible to get something reliable for a little more than that.
    PawBill: Automation and Billing System for web hosts