View Poll Results: Is there any life out there, as in extraterrestrials?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes and they are here already.

16 33.33%
  • Yes, I totally dig the idea.

23 47.92%
  • Maybe, I'm not really sure.

3 6.25%
  • Maybe, It's theoretically impossible to prove their absence.

3 6.25%
  • Not very likely, they would have made a contact already.

0 0%
  • No, no extra explanation.

0 0%
  • No, there's just the God and the human.

3 6.25%
  • No, stupid thing to ask, go back to your cave man.

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    We are not alone!

There are 9 Planets in our solar system
    There are 100 billion stars in our galaxy
    There are 30 Billion Earth like planets in our galaxy
    There are 125 billion galaxys in our universe (counted so far)

so roughly 3750 Billion (3750,000,000,000) Earth like planets in the known universe, and only Earth has life? the odds are in favor in there being many many planets with life out there. how advanced is another questions, and what there like.
    http://www.goodridgeelec.com
    Electrical Contractors, West Midlands, UK

wonder if all the good hosting domains are taked out there yet?
    hope they have solve the slow dial up problem though...

Self-awareness.

Think about it.

What is it that makes an object made up of carbon-based molecules self-aware? The chemical and physical composition of a human being is very complex. But why should complicated = self-awareness? Are there other complex entities with the self-awareness propertiies? Can a galaxy possess self-awareness? Can a cluster of galazies? Can the Universe as a whole be self-aware? Are human beings nothing more than simple organisms in the overall scheme of things? Doesn't the earth function like a living organism? If the Universe or other objects possess self-awareness, couldn't they be rightfully referred to as Gods, since they would control everything about our environments and lives?

Carbon based organisms, dependent upon water should be prevalent throughout the universe. There may be other organisms that possess intelligent life properties without having to be carbons-based.

I'm sure there are other forms of life, but I prefer to call them existences. We refer to life on earth as anything that we can 'biologically' clasiffy. The universe is teeming with all forms of 'life', intelligent and non-intelligent, carbon-based and non-carbon based.

The next time you're out in the woods, if you get the eerie feeling that somone or something is watching you, chances are, you're right! That tree or that rock-formation may be self-aware and are watching or sensing you.

By the way, the general description of aliens that people around the world have reported, that they have a general look of lizards, is because of a good reason. Millions of years ago, when lizards and dinosaurs ruled the world, there were also very intelligent lizards. Those lizards devised a way to escape the world before a major disaster struck. They took off into outer space, and they waited for the world to be habitable again. A long time ago, the world bacame habitable again for them.

Stephen King, where are you?

Millions of years ago
    yea right
    we cannot even know for sure who our ancestors 500 years ago where,but I am to beleive that we "know" the IQ of a maybe animal existing millions of years ago

Originally posted by grace5
    yea right
    we cannot even know for sure who our ancestors 500 years ago where,but I am to beleive that we "know" the IQ of a maybe animal existing millions of years ago
    From your reply, I can deduce that you are American and from Missouri. To people in Missouri, seeing is believing; it is the 'Show Me State".

According to you the great pyramids were not built by man because we were not there to witness them, and Julius Ceasar was only a made-up character in some British play.

The dinosaur bones must be complete hoaxes and life cannot be proven before 500 years ago.

My last post, I'm sure, is not 100% fact.

But the aliens? . . .

They are here!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12