View Poll Results: Is there any life out there, as in extraterrestrials?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes and they are here already.

16 33.33%
  • Yes, I totally dig the idea.

23 47.92%
  • Maybe, I'm not really sure.

3 6.25%
  • Maybe, It's theoretically impossible to prove their absence.

3 6.25%
  • Not very likely, they would have made a contact already.

0 0%
  • No, no extra explanation.

0 0%
  • No, there's just the God and the human.

3 6.25%
  • No, stupid thing to ask, go back to your cave man.

0 0%

Is there any life out there, as in extraterrestrials?

I just watched some stuff on the Discovery channel, made me think what your positions were regarding this issue guys. Personally I think there's a good chance we are not alone in the universe and it's theoretically impossible to prove the absence of extraterrestrials.

I think there are some out there perhaps inferior or more superior to us. Thinking "we" have the whole universe to ourselves is just plain ignorant.

Yes, I totally dig the idea.
    Glioblastoma Multiforme (GBM) Brain Cancer Awareness. May is Brain Cancer awareness month. Gray Matters!
    Incurable, 6-18 months prognosis, survivors longer than 3 years less than 1% chance.
    Don't like what I say? Ignore me.

Unless they come from some other universe we all are brothers

Have you wondered what those aliens will think of us if they see us ? "Oh my God! Look at those aliens in that watery planet"

offcourse theres aliens out there!
    i jsut dont believe there these little green men

Just think about how much of the universe we have explored and know about. It is a tiny portion. Think about how many more breathable atmosphere-bearing planets there must be out there. Therefore I 100% think that there are other intelligent beings on other planets out there somewhere.

However I don't believe that they all look similar to us and all have US accents, as some sci-fi series would lead us to believe

me thinks this: WHO CARES?
    there are aliens, there are no aliens... bah, it *REALLY* doesnt matter at all, if they do exist our races will never cross paths... the galaxy is a big place. <insert star trek music here >
    IWDN - Really smart web developers... and me!
    More than any time in history mankind faces a crossroads.
    One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction.
    Let us pray that we have the wisdom to choose correctly.

Yes, I already know there are aliens. Many of them. Many live here on Earth and look very similar to us, therefor you wouldn't even know it if you saw one of them.

As for little green men, the fact is, there is an alien race that is green. They look like the common 2 big eye alien you see on tv. There are many variations of those aliens. Different colors, different types of skin, Different heights, etc. The "grey" aliens of those types of aliens are largely genetically different then the others, but look pretty much the same. Those "grey" aliens are actually clones and are slaves of the reptilians (who basically run the universe, or think they do).

If you count Californians...

Haha only joking
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

Originally posted by RMF
    Yes, I already know there are aliens. Many of them. Many live here on Earth and look very similar to us, therefor you wouldn't even know it if you saw one of them.

As for little green men, the fact is, there is an alien race that is green. They look like the common 2 big eye alien you see on tv. There are many variations of those aliens. Different colors, different types of skin, Different heights, etc. The "grey" aliens of those types of aliens are largely genetically different then the others, but look pretty much the same. Those "grey" aliens are actually clones and are slaves of the reptilians (who basically run the universe, or think they do).
    eeeeeexactly
    IWDN - Really smart web developers... and me!
    More than any time in history mankind faces a crossroads.
    One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction.
    Let us pray that we have the wisdom to choose correctly.

it's theoretically impossible to prove the absence of extraterrestrials
    It is? All we have to do is develop FTL travel or seme method of getting ourselves across vast distances quickly and we can begin to look at each planet we come across for life. If we don't find anything then we've proved it

Anyway, beyond that, I do believe we are NOT alone in the universe, it's just too freaking huge with too many other sun type of stars out there with who knows what kind of planets spinning around them.

On our own planet life began long before we arrived on the scene, and it began in an enviroment far different from the current enviroment we are enjoying on our blue rock we travel through space on.

The big question for me is, have other races/species been to earth? Seeing as the planet is 4.5-5 billion years old there sure is a lot of time in there where it is possible. We ourselves have existed for a very short time compared to the planet itself and the rest of universe, what I find quite amusing about ourselves is we have trouble with our own history, we have to unearth ancient settlements, but those settlements are only about 6,000 years old. Who knows what else has been buried in earth's long past, if our own structures only survive for a few eons imagine what we may have missed.

I also see interstellar travel as having 2 possibilities, it is possible or it isn't, if it isn't then they haven't visisted us and we ourselves are destined to extinction once our home solar system dies (or our home planet is no longer inhabitable, whichever comes first). If it is possible then it is quite likely that they have been here in our past and possibly still are visiting, although I don't think visits would be a common thing unless there is some interaction happening between our governments and them.
    Dynanet Network Services - 206-607-9075
    We Do Hosting - Established May 2001
    http://www.dynanet.ca/

it's theoretically impossible to prove the absence of extraterrestrials
    because your stats will be outdated after you visit about 1/10 of the planets out there

...funny there are no non believers here, are all the tech people progressive or what...

Yeah, England is full of Aliens, and they all seem to be opening corner shops.
    BTi-Hosting.co.uk High quality hosting, low low prices.
    One step ahead of the competition - Today IS tomorrow.
    FraudWise.Net - Fight the fraud!

Hm I wonder if the aliens have hosting companys too. "Greenman Hosting LTD."

Wow I betchya there internets much faster than any OC128 just for "home use"
    Nationhosts, LLC
    http://www.nationhosts.com
    "Nationwide hosting solutions"

Originally posted by Philipf
    oo there aliens?

Originally posted by Philipf

ANYway, i believe there are aliens. why not? maybe we are earth's alien? many aeon years ago we were dropped off here because our real home planet was on the brink of destruction and our progression reseted from start due to the wise ones being eaten by some wild dinosaurs or killed by diseases with only a certain few children making it therefore knowledge is back at 0as oppose to our super advance real home planet.

its why we have discovered ancient drawings of major 'gods' in the sky and such by our ancestors

Yeah but ofcourse that's just some exageratted assumption but you never know....

nope you never know,
    i dont believe in this adam and eve stuff,

im not a religious person,

...it looks we are a bunch of advanced people... ...most of us think we are not alone... ...that rocks... ...let's all go to Mexico...

DUDE! I like totally dig that idea.

Yes, there is a whole Universe out there, all those planets and possibilities; i'd say i am as sure as i can be without actual contact with any non Earth lifeform that there is sentient life other than us somewhere in our galaxy and others. How intelligent they are i can only guess. Somehow i don't think they'll be like Alf though. probably come across a nice old amoeba firsst.

RMF, have you heard of someone called David Icke?

Critic,
    The 9 words of life quote -
    "Act with honour, seek justice, die true, remembered well."
    GO LDN 2012 ~ AIM = Critic News Info

High School Friends

I had a friend, who believed they were abucted my aliens and brought to Earth. Something to ponder...
    Take care,
    Lori
    -- Please use tags for code. PM me for information if not sure how to do so. | Refer to PHP Manual and MySQL Manual before posting.

...I guess now the big question is, who's David Icke?

Extraterrestrials and the Discovery Channel go together.According to them thats why Moses of the Bible face was shining (turned white) because of a martian

Truth is there for those that want to seek it,but alas most just want to try to disprove it

Originally posted by RMF

How do you *know*? How can you be so sure? Seriously.
    g.
    "In youth we learn; in age we understand"
    Marie Von Ebner-Eschenbach

Originally posted by airnine
    ...I guess now the big question is, who's David Icke?
    Now some of his theories are a bit hard to believe to say the least but whether you see truth in any of it or the opposite [i tend to lean toward the latter i must say] it is interesting/entertaining anecodtal chatter.

I've heard him when he was on TalkSport radio in Britain, one of the theory's he put forward sounded a lot like what RMF was talking about so i was wondering if he was the source for it.

For more info :: http://www.davidicke.com/

Critic,
    The 9 words of life quote -
    "Act with honour, seek justice, die true, remembered well."
    GO LDN 2012 ~ AIM = Critic News Info

I think my kids might be half alien ,but not the grey kinda...

We are not alone!

There are 9 Planets in our solar system
    There are 100 billion stars in our galaxy
    There are 30 Billion Earth like planets in our galaxy
    There are 125 billion galaxys in our universe (counted so far)

so roughly 3750 Billion (3750,000,000,000) Earth like planets in the known universe, and only Earth has life? the odds are in favor in there being many many planets with life out there. how advanced is another questions, and what there like.
    http://www.goodridgeelec.com
    Electrical Contractors, West Midlands, UK

wonder if all the good hosting domains are taked out there yet?
    hope they have solve the slow dial up problem though...

Self-awareness.

Think about it.

What is it that makes an object made up of carbon-based molecules self-aware? The chemical and physical composition of a human being is very complex. But why should complicated = self-awareness? Are there other complex entities with the self-awareness propertiies? Can a galaxy possess self-awareness? Can a cluster of galazies? Can the Universe as a whole be self-aware? Are human beings nothing more than simple organisms in the overall scheme of things? Doesn't the earth function like a living organism? If the Universe or other objects possess self-awareness, couldn't they be rightfully referred to as Gods, since they would control everything about our environments and lives?

Carbon based organisms, dependent upon water should be prevalent throughout the universe. There may be other organisms that possess intelligent life properties without having to be carbons-based.

I'm sure there are other forms of life, but I prefer to call them existences. We refer to life on earth as anything that we can 'biologically' clasiffy. The universe is teeming with all forms of 'life', intelligent and non-intelligent, carbon-based and non-carbon based.

The next time you're out in the woods, if you get the eerie feeling that somone or something is watching you, chances are, you're right! That tree or that rock-formation may be self-aware and are watching or sensing you.

By the way, the general description of aliens that people around the world have reported, that they have a general look of lizards, is because of a good reason. Millions of years ago, when lizards and dinosaurs ruled the world, there were also very intelligent lizards. Those lizards devised a way to escape the world before a major disaster struck. They took off into outer space, and they waited for the world to be habitable again. A long time ago, the world bacame habitable again for them.

Stephen King, where are you?

Millions of years ago
    yea right
    we cannot even know for sure who our ancestors 500 years ago where,but I am to beleive that we "know" the IQ of a maybe animal existing millions of years ago

Originally posted by grace5
    yea right
    we cannot even know for sure who our ancestors 500 years ago where,but I am to beleive that we "know" the IQ of a maybe animal existing millions of years ago
    From your reply, I can deduce that you are American and from Missouri. To people in Missouri, seeing is believing; it is the 'Show Me State".

According to you the great pyramids were not built by man because we were not there to witness them, and Julius Ceasar was only a made-up character in some British play.

The dinosaur bones must be complete hoaxes and life cannot be proven before 500 years ago.

My last post, I'm sure, is not 100% fact.

But the aliens? . . .

They are here!!!!