Unhappy MY SERVER IS DOWN EVERY 15 MINTS AT bocacom

my server at bocacom and it down every 15 mints and must be reboot. i got this server one months ago.
    how can i solve this problem.

My car failed to run every 15 minutes and bought it last month. Any idea what's wrong with it?

Originally posted by UltraUnixNET
    My car failed to run every 15 minutes and bought it last month. Any idea what's wrong with it?
    buy a new one

Re: MY SERVER IS DOWN EVERY 15 MINTS AT bocacom

Originally posted by zeko
    my server at bocacom and it down every 15 mints and must be reboot. i got this server one months ago.
    I'd suggest calmly, kindly and nicely asking bocacom if they can help you out.

Re: Re: MY SERVER IS DOWN EVERY 15 MINTS AT bocacom

Originally posted by Asci
    I'd suggest calmly, kindly and nicely asking bocacom if they can help you out.
    That would seem to be the logical course of action....

Re: MY SERVER IS DOWN EVERY 15 MINTS AT bocacom

Originally posted by zeko
    Hello zeko,

I cuurently have 11 servers with BocaCom and 99% of the time I need to reboot or have any downtime is when I have not configured something correctly or crammed 500 sites to a server

I would be more than happy to help you in any way to resolve your problem as I am sure the BocaCom staff and community would be.

-Seth

Zeko,

As you can probably imagine, you've not given anyone enough information here to be able to help you troubleshoot. As someone else mentioned you may want to ask your Datacenter if they can look into the problem for you (nicely) as this isn't what they do. Even though DataCenter's will try and help clients out sometimes, the fact is unless you've purchased a Managed server, you've got to be able to do it yourself, or hire someone that can.

There are plenty of reputable people on these boards, and even on your DataCenter's message board (have you tried posting there?).

What you'll find is that screaming to either us or your DataCenter wont do much good without a thourough list of what's wrong, what happened, and when. Otherwise, as UltraUnix said, it's as if you bought a car, said every 15 minutes it wont run, but give you no indication as to how to shut off, what caused it or anything.

You might also wish to invest in a "HowTo" book for server administration. It's a little obvious that you're new to doing this, and that's ok, we just need to get you caught up on some material.

Recap:
    1) Stop crying and be pro-active
    2) Contact DataCenter (if you haven't already) and ask for help (nicely)
    3) Post question in their DataCenter forum area with details
    4) If you can't do it yourself, hire someone who can
    5) Read up on basic administration guidelines
    <<Please see rules for signature setup>>

check your logs and find out why its dieing first, it could be the OS or the hardware
    Ben S.

I myself doubt if it has anything to do with hardware and I would update to Fedora which has resolved a few issues I was having with a high volume box.

-Seth

Ask your server admin to troubleshoot the server. It does not seem like a network issue. Rather, it sounds like the server is not properly managed.

By the way, is the server load high when it goes down?
    SecureAX Singapore - Virtualization, Private Cloud Computing & Managed Datacenter in Singapore
    - Managed Virtual Private Servers, Dedicated Servers & Colocation Services in Singapore
    - Gigabit backbone at Equinix Singapore, M1 & Telin Datacenters with Private Link for Disaster Recovery setup

zeko, I really hope you contacted Bocacom before making this thread. If so, what did they say?

Let me get this straight but you have a dedicated server that's crashing but you don't know why? By this point I'd have some hint at least what's going on.

Do you have kernel logging enabled? If so are you getting logs?

Typically for a bad harddrive you'll see errors in the kernel log about read failure or write failure for sector xxxxxx on /dev/hdxx

Typically for bad ram you'll see things like seg faults or memory errors in your kernel log.

Is your sysload going high right before a crash? What does TOP show? ps -wwwef? ps -wwwaux? netstat -pan? are you doing anything at all to solve your own problem beyond getting pissed and posting here?

I don't know anything about bocacom personally, but if you're gonna bitch and moan at least supply us with some hard facts about your problem, if I had a server crashing every 15 minutes I'd have all sorts of monitors, traps and triggers running on that thing that a data center tech picking his nose within 15 feet of my server would generate an error log.
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

it is possible you are compromised and someone is doing the nasty on your box =x
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance