man, the world is seriously misled!

Nutrients Based on 100 grams of Peanut Butter
    Fat 52.6 g
    Protein 23.1 g
    Carbohydrates 17.6 g
    Calcium 34 mg
    Phosphorous 334 mg
    Potassium 487 mg

tell me, why do YOU think that 52 grams of fat in one sandwich is GOOD for you! 20% of it is the BAD fat!

do the math!
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!

Originally posted by LaurenStephens
    man, the world is seriously misled!

Nutrients Based on 100 grams of Peanut Butter
    Fat 52.6 g
    Protein 23.1 g
    Carbohydrates 17.6 g
    Calcium 34 mg
    Phosphorous 334 mg
    Potassium 487 mg

tell me, why do YOU think that 52 grams of fat in one sandwich is GOOD for you! 20% of it is the BAD fat!

do the math!
    Sitting here reading off a jar of Jif peanut butter...

Total fat 12g (18%)
    Sat fat 2.5g (12%)
    Cholest 0mg (0%)
    Sodium 250mg (10%)
    Total carbs 15g (5%)
    Fiber 2g (5%)
    Sugars 4g
    Protein 8g

1 serving = 2tbsp

I'm told by people that I need to gain weight, and eat more... I'm 6" and 165lbs. (32" waist). When I came to college, I was 6", 145lbs, but I was in better shape than I am now.

This summer I hope to start training again and run Grandma's Marathon here in Duluth next year. I ran Cross country and Track fo 5 years in High school, but havent done a single thing since.

My recommendations are if you want to get in shape, and be healthy, is to eat well rounded meals. I am not a fan of the atkins diet at all, partially because I am a runner, and runners LOVE Carbs. There is nothing better than a HUGE spaghetti or lasagna dinner the night before a race to store up energy

If you live a healty, active lifestyle, you can eat whatever you want

Originally posted by Webdude
    Sitting here reading off a jar of Jif peanut butter...

Total fat 12g (18%)
    Sat fat 2.5g (12%)
    Cholest 0mg (0%)
    Sodium 250mg (10%)
    Total carbs 15g (5%)
    Fiber 2g (5%)
    Sugars 4g
    Protein 8g

1 serving = 2tbsp
    Ok bad stuff here are:
    Sat fat 2.5g (12%) and
    Sodium 250mg (10%) ,
    and the worst
    Transsaturated fat 9.5g (differece between total fat, and all other fats listed)

My peanut butter says:

Protein 9.3 g
    total fat 18 g
    polyunsaturates 6 g (good for you, cleans cholesterol out of your body)
    momounsaturates 7.8 g (good for you, cleans cholesterol out of your body)
    saturates 3.4 g (bad for you, increases cholesterol levels)
    cholesterol 0mg
    casbs 6.7 g
    sodium 2mg (there is too much sodium in a food, should be avoided)

So this peanut butter IS good for you. It has some bad stuff, but ratio is way in our favour.

I noticed a lot of people putting % of each ingredient in etc. I personally don't take much notice of this. I eat meat, vegetables and fruit ona regular basis, and generally stay away from fatty foods, although the odd sunday brunch can be nice and good for you.

If you're like me, and don't bother about looking at labels, just stick to what you know is good for you The exception of a few unhealthy foods is always a good thing
    ServeYourSite
    Web hosting done right
    ██ Shared, Reseller and Dedicated web hosting
    An Easy Web Presence Company

http://62.180.224.222/products/peanu...Page=nutrition
    Interesting, that IP is supposedly Krafts Australian website... however, from www.kraft.com, the link to Krafts australian website is: http://www.kraftfoods.com.au/ which apparatnly was hacked....

Originally posted by amish_geek
    Interesting, that IP is supposedly Krafts Australian website... however, from www.kraft.com, the link to Krafts australian website is: http://www.kraftfoods.com.au/ which apparatnly was hacked....
    has to be those animal rights extremists

Well, I'd sure like to know what to shop for at the store.

What do vegans get? If only I had one of their grocery lists...LOL

Sasha, which peanut butter is that? I didnt know there was really any difference in pb, might as well get the heathiest ones. BTW, I was once married to a girl from mexico. Most of what she made involved peppers and refried pinto beans. Talk about being in excellent shape, that I was. I know much of it was due to the hard labor I was doing back then, but would imagine that a bigger portion had to do with what I was eating.

Regardless what vegans say though, I know milk is good for me. I was pulling an engine out of a car and the chain broke. I was pulling the engine from the bottom as someone else move the car out from under it. That 454 fell a foot and slammed my wrist between itself and the car. I merely fractured my wrist, not break it. I was also going thru about a gallon of milk a day..

Mebbe I should go back to beans and milk. BTW, regardless of popular belief, it's been my experience that beans do not give you gas as much as claimed. As a matter of fact, fast food gives you far more gas than do beans. Of course, my farts dont stink anyway

Originally posted by Webdude

What do vegans get? If only I had one of their grocery lists...LOL

Regardless what vegans say though, I know milk is good for me.
    www.milksucks.com <- seriously

youd be surprised at what is going on in the dairy industry nowdays. its pretty ugly. who in the world thinks it is wise to drink milk from another species? humans are the only ones who do that. yuck. wonder why most people are lactose intolerant? think that milk provides calcium?? think again!

as far as the grocery list, id be happy to oblige, gimme a minute

ps youd be astounded at how GOOD vegan food and organic foods really taste! seriously! MOST people who refuse to eat vegan are those who refuse to educate themselves to the facts and ive even had ppl tell me they wont do a vegan diet because they think it is more expensive! sheesh!!

vegan grocery list:

silk soy milk www.silkissoy.com

http://wholefoods.com/products/365/beans_black.html

http://wholefoods.com/products/365/sandcreme_choc.html (THE BEST)

http://wholefoods.com/products/365/burger_vegan.html

http://wholefoods.com/products/365/b..._beanrice.html

http://wholefoods.com/products/365/fruitbar_cherry.html

http://wholefoods.com/products/365or...auce-cinn.html

http://wholefoods.com/products/365or..._rootbeer.html

http://wholefoods.com/products/365or...milk_choc.html

http://wholefoods.com/products/365or...p_a-light.html

http://www.tofutti.com/

www.gardenburger.com

remember, just like "real foods" youll run into vegan foods that just taste nasty! i tried the BK veggie burger and it was GROSS! some of the meats are gross!

mostly over all the bakery goods are good, cereals are good, SOME fake meats are good, pizzas are good, ice cream is good, etc etc

the vast majority of vegan or organic foods has 4 times the shelf life of regular foods, including the4 milk and the meat
    questions? ask me!

I am still loading that page as I type this. I have no problems eating mostly veggie. I wish I had done it a long time ago. I was drinking milk 15 years ago. I dont drink much now (mostly for cereal or when theres nothing else in the fridge), but it seems to taste a lot different than it used too. I would imagine thats because, well, I know why. I used to get milk straight from a dairy, not the stuff you get in stores. It was a family that didnt seel to big places, and were actually against it. They didnt add anything to their cows other than certain vitamin supplements sometimes. Come to think of it, the few milk cows they had were more like pets. Those are the only cows I have ever seen that you could run around and play with...lol.

But yeah, after I moved from there, I never really like store milk. It smells bad.. that other milk didnt stink. However, what would you have us do? Go get a cup of milk from a woman who is breast feeding?

BTW, that link you gave never did load up for me. But if it has a veggie grocery list, I want it...

Re: Healthy eating advice - im desperate :D

Originally posted by XTStrike
    Ok, here goes, ive got one month until i go on holiday, im not exactly overweight but i would like to improve my eating instead of having pizza, kebabs, curry, chinese, etc...

I go the gym 3 times a week so its food that would assist me at the gym!

What is like to ask you all is for some suggestions on healthy eating, im going the supermarket shortly so I could do with some quick advice on the kinds of things to buy, any links to sites would also be useful.

Many Thanks
    lol to start out with, maybe you should start moving around more rather than post this post but definately try to avoid carbs... especially the bad kind... more proteins are always good... but most importantly drink lots of water rather than eat more...

I've seen those 365 brands in a couple of stores. I guess I will be buying a lot more of those

Thanks!

im telling you, you wont be sorry!

heh, I live on a diet of KFC and junkfood. Sometimes I eat pasta, snitzel etc. But mostly naughty food

ouch!

www.kfccruelty.com
    funny you bring that up. I actually own the largest KFC collection in AUS. I am like the most knowledgable person on KFC in australia. I own some of the rarest KFC peices in the world. Including the only A3+ framed photo of Colonel Sanders signed.

Anyhow, just trieing to prove that I am in the know with KFC, and I can tell you that most of the crap PETA sprouts about KFC is total ********.

Cheers

lol, people just say that because peta is so controversial

so you really like chicken huh??

can you be more specific on what exactly peta is lying about?? instead of just generalising?

http://www.kfccruelty.com/investigations.html

seriously, so many people say it is all BS but ya know, it is very well documented.

for once, i just want someone to give me a straight answer on what exactly is the lie here. because if someone is lying, i want to know!

lol, people just say that because peta is so controversial

so you really like chicken huh??

can you be more specific on what exactly peta is lying about?? instead of just generalising?

http://www.kfccruelty.com/investigations.html

seriously, so many people say it is all BS but ya know, it is very well documented.

for once, i just want someone to give me a straight answer on what exactly is the lie here. because if someone is lying, i want to know!
    hehehe. I don't actually like the drumsticks, I like Crispy Strips

I am into KFC mainly because I am a huge fan of Colonel Sanders.

One of the things they have lied about is the videos they show of chickens being mis-ttreated. The videos turned out to be fake or from 20 years ago.

Bub

wow, what would be the reasoning of that??

why would a huge organization (who wasnt around barely 20 years ago) go all over the world, make fake pictures, make fake videos and spend so much money trying to make KFC look bad??

so are you suggesting that these things dont happen on a regular basis?

have you actually BEEN to and personally witnessed anything at the processing places that proves otherwise?

who has more to gain by lying? peta or kfc?

these are serious questions and so im not flaming...

wow, what would be the reasoning of that??

why would a huge organization (who wasnt around barely 20 years ago) go all over the world, make fake pictures, make fake videos and spend so much money trying to make KFC look bad??

so are you suggesting that these things dont happen on a regular basis?

have you actually BEEN to and personally witnessed anything at the processing places that proves otherwise?

who has more to gain by lying? peta or kfc?

these are serious questions and so im not flaming...
    they lie not because they want animals to live / die painfree but because they want to remove meat from the diets of humans. They are trieing to make us all vegetarians.

They boycott all the fast food chains (including McDonalds) because they want a fully vegetarian race.

Now they want KFC to stop stunning chickens to death. They want them to be gassed to death. If KFC gave into their demands, in 2 years time they would be saying KFC was cruel for gassing chickens. It's a never ending cycle, and most people have learned to ingore PETA as they are very decieving.

I remember it was proved that one of their most famous videos against KFC was fake, but I cant find the link to the site.

Bub

Originally posted by Bub Host
    they lie not because they want animals to live / die painfree but because they want to remove meat from the diets of humans. They are trieing to make us all vegetarians.

errrr, well, considering that a vegetarian menu is better for you than eating _ _ _ _ animals, i must admit it doesnt bother me much. the fact is, there is NO compelling reason to kill animals and eat them.... is there?

They boycott all the fast food chains (including McDonalds) because they want a fully vegetarian race.

ok, but that isnt a lie, right?

Now they want KFC to stop stunning chickens to death. They want them to be gassed to death. If KFC gave into their demands, in 2 years time they would be saying KFC was cruel for gassing chickens.

you may be right about that, as time goes on and technology gets better, there may very well be a better way to kill your dinner in the future! personally, i believe that if people really WANT to eat meat, they should be required to kill it themselves. ill bet thered be a lot of vegetarians then!

It's a never ending cycle, and most people have learned to ingore PETA as they are very decieving.

well, with over 750,000 members, which MOST people are you referring to? what exactly are they deceiving people about?

I remember it was proved that one of their most famous videos against KFC was fake, but I cant find the link to the site.

ill reserve judgement on that until i see the "fake video" until then there isnt much i can say about it.

Bub

another thing is this...

there must be tons of vegans who do not follow peta at all.

so the peta thing doesnt really matter.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast