Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Healthy eating advice - im desperate :D

Ok, here goes, ive got one month until i go on holiday, im not exactly overweight but i would like to improve my eating instead of having pizza, kebabs, curry, chinese, etc...

I go the gym 3 times a week so its food that would assist me at the gym!

What is like to ask you all is for some suggestions on healthy eating, im going the supermarket shortly so I could do with some quick advice on the kinds of things to buy, any links to sites would also be useful.

Many Thanks
    www.microsolder.uk - Microsoldering Services in the UK

Fresh fruit and vegetables and close your eyes when passing the potato chips and soft drink section.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

What's your goal? gain muscle, or lose fat and become ripped
    I specialize in neck beards
    https://thatshirt.com

Remeber the golden rule:

It is always best to eat a well balanced diet...
    New site: www.talkutas.com

Originally posted by mg-
    What's your goal? gain muscle, or lose fat and become ripped
    all of the above
    www.microsolder.uk - Microsoldering Services in the UK

Heh. Well this is what I eat when on gym days:

Breakfast: 1 can of tuna, 4 eggs (i like the taste, so screw off:x)
    Lunch: 2 sandwhiches (mustard, chicken breast, whole wheat bread, breaded pickles)
    Supper: 2 chicken breasts / 1 can of tuna
    Pre-Gym: 1 sandwhich, 1 can of tuna
    After-gym: 1 whey protein shake from booster juice

The body sculpting routine that I got from a friend, which im starting soon is:

20 pushups
    40 situps
    15 hindu pushups
    35 side situps (either side)
    25 leg presses (stand on stairs on the tip of your feet, go all the way up, and down - 25 times)
    25 back-raises

There are a few other on the list, but I don't remember it (it's down stairs with my equip). The goal is to do all this in a certain time frame (the total list for red1 is 17 minutes) you want to do this all WITHOUT stopping for more than 20 seconds, and without drinking any water. The full blown list + more difficulty is what the marines do every day.

The reason why you want to eat so much protein, is basically to gain muscle. When I'm going full at it, I gain alot of muscle weight, but usually kept the same body fat - because of my diet - and lack of cardio/body sculpting.

If you have low endurance/stanima.. body sculpting is where you want to start - it really gets your stanima up.

In the end, chose a diet that works for you, just find something with high protein (preferably from fish) and low carbs.

By the way.. sleep is good for you.. what I gave you is something that works for me, only because I'm serious about it.. when I goto the gym, I don't leave until I can't lift any more or else I'll die.

I'm running on low hours of sleep as you might beable to tell. lol

what are hindu pushups?

What would you do for protien if you don't eat meat? (And those shakes taste pretty bad!)

Hi, well regarding weight, I can say that I strongly believe that their is one solid way to loose weight or put on muscle if you want to.

Forget any advice that sais you can loose weight easily, their is nobody who can loose weight easily, all those people selling things to make it go away easily are just trying to con you.

Two ingredients only will make you loose weight.

1. Stop eating calories
    2. Increased exercise.

The best combination is for them both to be done. There are a million different variations of calories that you eat, but one thing to remember.

If you start exercising it puts your body on a *higher calorie burn metabolism*. Meaning you will automatically burn more calories night and day even when your sleeping.

The best result will get real weight loss is lower calories and increased exercise.

If you go infor the fast weight loss approach then you need to be aware that initially you will be loosing water, and that will give false reading, also your body weight naturally fluctuates throughuot the day by up to 4/5 pounds if you think about it depending on the time of day and your bodily cycle.

goodluck

My diet is very simple
    1. do not eat anything that has transaturated fat or saturated fat (read the label and you will see polysaturated, monosaturate, saturated fat, and fat total. if saturated is greater then 0 do not buy it. If sum of all fat is lesser then listed total, the difference is transsaturated fat, do not buy)
    2. no pop
    3. Meat, if it looks way too expesive for the quantity you are getting then it is eatable.
    4. No ground meat in any form

This diet exculdes quite a few things, and you are forced to look for alternatives. Eventualy you will find yourself eating larger amount of seafood, fruits and vegetables, mushrooms, very nice meat, soya products and so on. I lost 20 pounds in a few months without being hungry, and with no excersize. My meals are much more enjoyable now and I get to eat something different all the time.

I don't like long things.. I go for 1-2 months of extremely strict diet / training.. and then go back to eating regularly while going to the gym.

I like the fast foods, and I'm not giving it up... if I gain more weight, I just slow back down and train harder.

It's all about what works for you... if you want to gain muscle, and you don't eat meat - good luck. Protein shakes taste VERY good when you get them from Booster Juice.

Even if you don't like it.. don't bother going half assed.. it's just a waste of time. Going to the gym, without eating properly--dumb idea (If you're trying to lose weight / gain serious muscle).

A friend of mine eats until he's about to puke, takes an animal pak.. then goes to the gym for 2 hours.. every day minus - 1.

It also depends on your body type.. it's harder for me to keep anything, so I have to work harder. Some people can lose it easily - they are the ones that can drink sprite / eat burgers and still lose weight / gain muscle. If you can't stand just drinking water all the time.. sprite isn't as bad - it has a lot of sugars, but it's the cafeine in coke that is bad for you.

If you try the original atkins diet.. (not the hyped up ****).. it works very well. my father tried it out and lost 25 pounds in 2 1/2 weeks. It doesnt all stay off, thats why you stick to the gym.

As mg said, TUNA TUNA TUNA! Tuna is very good for you and high in protein. Any kinda fish for that matter. I hear sushi is really good for you too.

Also, if your a fan of smoothies, get yourself some of this stuff.
    http://www.naturesplus.com/products/...hereButton.y=7

I normally make shakes with this stuff.

1 Packet of Spiru-tein (I like Vanilla and Strawberry)
    1/2 cup OJ or cranberry juice
    1 Yogurt of your choice
    1 Ripe Banana
    1/2 cup frozen blueberries
    5-6 Frozen Strawberries
    Add ice till your satisfied

That is also the order that I make them. Trust me, they are SO GOOD! Back when I was doing really good with eating healthy, just one of these would fill me up. Need to get back on my diet.

Originally posted by EthicalEpi
    what are hindu pushups?
    This is what google gave me:
    http://www.athletics.ucr.edu/strengt...indupushup.gif

Originally posted by XTStrike
    all of the above
    I'm ripped but I'm only 18

I suggest a lot of fruit / vegetables. And RUN like a £%^&$"^&*" lol if you want toned abs, run, everyone has great abs, it's just a layer of fat covering them up

EDIT: For other parts of your body such as arms, lift lower weight more times (I'm sure you knew this).

EDIT 2: lol, also crunches and situps do nothing for toning, they just strengthen your abs, my boxing instructor taught me this when he first gave me my schedule.
    ServeYourSite
    Web hosting done right
    ██ Shared, Reseller and Dedicated web hosting
    An Easy Web Presence Company

Water. Drink plenty of water.

I eliminated soda from my diet, and switched to water, and lost 10 pounds without even trying. A lot of empty calories in soda. Plus water is good for you anyway, and most people don't drink enough as it is.

Hi,
    Try this book

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books

Great book I bought not to long ago will help you get your diet on track.

Thanks Ilyash. I think I'll give those a try.

Originally posted by ilyash
    This is what google gave me:
    http://www.athletics.ucr.edu/strengt...indupushup.gif

Originally posted by DanX
    What would you do for protien if you don't eat meat? (And those shakes taste pretty bad!)

WHAT???

dont tell me ppl think protein is only found in meat! i think you are thinking of cholesterol, which is only found in animal-based products.

www.goveg.com

youll like this, from mens health magazine...

http://www.peta.org/feat/menshealth/
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!

also, i copied this off the front page of one of my sites..... maybe itll make ya think a bit!

10 vegan misconceptions, myths and facts...

1. vegans and vegetarians are just a bunch of salad eaters!
    while some vegans (just as some meat eaters) eat salad, it isn't the main basis for the menu!

2. vegans and vegetarians only eat "vegetables"!
    woah! very untrue! we have ice cream, cookies, pizza, meat, hot dogs and other stuff too but they aren't made from animals!

3. vegans and vegetarians don't get all their daily requirement of vitamins and minerals!
    like ANY menu, you can always miss out on proper nutrition, but there is absolutely no way that a vegan diet keeps you from getting proper nutrition! proper meal planning needs to take place no matter what you eat. and being vegan is actually much easier, since you don't have to worry about cholesterol and fat!

4. vegan and vegetarian food is icky and doesn't taste good!
    this is interesting and we will talk more about this on the website, but suffice it to say, "regular food" doesn't always taste good either and e-coli, bacteria and salmonella is pretty icky too (and is found mainly in animal based products). just like any type of food there will be some you like and some you don't!

5. meat is yummy and tastes great!
    almost all meat is seriously overprocessed and seasoned. this is why it has been so easy to replicate the taste of it in other products which are not animal based. if you just ate raw, unprocessed meat with no seasoning, it really wouldn't taste very tasty would it? no...

6. meat is good and has been around for years!
    well, without delving too deep into the politics and the money of meat we will only say that if you had any idea exactly what the meat and dairy industry has done to the world, you may actually reconsider! we want you to learn so you will at least be better informed! animals are more than just raised and slaughtered, they are senselessly abused. many of them are sick and diseased and the whole thing is just unnecessary.

7. kids need milk! everyone needs calcium!
    yes, everyone needs calcium but to say that we have to get it from the milk of a foreign species is kinda... well.... weird and untrue!

8. every vegan i've ever met has been preachy and demands people stop eating animals!
    it is sooo easy for us to be overly concerned about issues once we have the facts. we do not necessarily think we are better than anyone else (but more healthy!). it's kinda like when you discover something great and then you want to let everyone know about it!

9. vegans are all a bunch of animal rights extremists!
    they are?? hmmmm, i'm sure some are, but i haven't met any yet!

10. being vegan is cool and popular!
    it most certainly is! and you can be too! if you don't believe it, ask any of these vegan celebrities: alec baldwin, pamela anderson, alicia silverstone, fiona apple, the band good charlotte, the band goldfinger, drew barrymore and so many others!

just hang with us and we will show you how you can have a healthier life, feel better about yourself and the world and yes maybe even spare a few elsie the cows or ferdinand the bulls what could be wrong with that! you can thank me later

ps pamela anderson, elizabeth berkley, kim basinger and alicia silverstone are vegans (no animal products at all)!!

Drop the Soda's

carbs are NOT bad!

Peanut butter is practically pure protein. You'll know when you start getting too much protein....all your hair starts growing too fast. It's only when I start eating a lot of protein that I start having problems with ear and nose hairs. It's not fun plucking nose hairs...

peanut butter is protein mixed in with a lot of FAT and oil!

nose hairs.... ewwwww

Originally posted by LaurenStephens
    peanut butter is protein mixed in with a lot of FAT and oil!

nose hairs.... ewwwww
    Not all fat is bad fat. Pinat butter fat is good for you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast