Running a comp for a cartoon type logo..I will say firstly though ..that this will not be a dead comp!!..Some run these comps and people go to a lot of time (=money) and are abandoned without payment or info on winners etc.. I am an honest chap and would never do this.
On to the logo;
The logo is for a yet to be developed forum SKATERSFORUM.COM
The logo should be in cartoon style but not a humorous style.
The style should be very street and cutting edge, with the clothing,equipment and attitude reflecting same. The forum style is dark and would prefer the colours to not be too bright, almost gothic. The character should of course have a skate board but I will leave the pose up to you. If you would like to suggest a slogan and I like it, there will be a nice bonus . Some other things to note;
1. This comp is not being run at any other site, only here.
2. The comp will run for one week,
3. I may finish the comp at any time,
4. There will be a winner regardless of everything,
5. The winner will be paid even if the logo is not used,
6. I am a huge fan of Castlemelody (consul) and Brian Goff, their portfolios are a bit "happy" for this project however, it would be great with a similar technique but darker style.
7. Payment will be made immediatley by paypal when the winner is announced.
8. If the logo is that good, there will probably be further work for the winner such as banners, entry page, flash etc sometime in the future.
I have tried to include as much detail as I can, but if there is anything I have missed or questions please postem...I work in the "outside" world so I will check back as often as I can. If you know of any person who may be interested in this comp can you please let them know of this thread.
I went for a somewhat "dark, goth" flavor, tell me what you think.
Thats a very good entry, as luck would have it that dull yellow on the wheels is the same yellow as the only highlight on the grey/black forum.
I like the movement very much, I would also like to see a static examples however. I also like the idea of a ghoulish type face as you have done. A couple of things though, the face does need something more, the mouth going outiside the border of the face is a bit tricky on the eye and the eyes themselves maybe just a bit more expressive detail.....a very good entry all round!.
Spruced up the face, fixed the text (surprisingly difficult to do, actually :-P) Also worked on the left hand a little bit. Feedback?
Also not sure what you mean by "movement" versus "static"
Thanks mbleigh, thats much better, by movement i mean that your charachter is implying motion, a static charachter for example would just be standing or sitting etc, not necessarily doing anything just posing more or less, sorry for the confusion.