Looking for a Download Script - Help

Hi,
    Anyone know where I can find a download script that limits the number of users that's able to download a file? Like on FilePlanet, they allow like 300 slots availible, while showing the number of slots occupied, like 150/300. If the slots are full it makes the user wait in line for the next open slot. Anyone know where I can find this?

If you know any programming languages you could accomplish this. Heck you could make a hybrid script really.

You find a simple script that will download files and then find a working effective counter script and you could alter the counter so that it performs certain actions when the user count gets to a certain number.

This being very general but, you get the idea I suppose.

Too bad I don't know any programming languages though .

I recommend trying Hotscripts , it's very useful and I am sure you will find something to suit your needs there.

I tried that, but I am not sure what the program I am looking for is called . Anyone know what its called?

I am intrested as well! I cant find anything like it online, and I want to get something.

I found something similar ages ago that requires plugins, but with the ammount of spyware I just want one that works like on fileplanet / gamespy.

Originally posted by wilhil
    I am intrested as well! I cant find anything like it online, and I want to get something.

I found something similar ages ago that requires plugins, but with the ammount of spyware I just want one that works like on fileplanet / gamespy.
    Yes! I am looking for one exactly like fileplanet / gamespy. The reason I am looking for something like it is because yesterday I tried mirroring a file for a new halflife mod that came out, and my server was raped . It used up 300GB in 1 hour. I'm just looking for something that puts users in line for the next availible download.

And no, I haven't tried http://www.perlscriptsjavascripts.com/ . But I will take a look though. Thanks

A premade script for what you want to do doesn't exsist. The system at fileplanet was made custom for them. The only way I think you can accomplish what you want to do is to modify the webserver to interact with your site directly to pass information between them or talk through a central database.

I know fileplanet uses IIS so I would suspect they've coded some extensions to work directly with it. I hope this provides some insight for you.
    ServerMatingProject.com
    The World's first server mating experiment
    We give new meaning to I/O intensive and hot swap

Thank you for the insight.

I am interesting in this type of download scripts as well. Please let me know if you can find one.
    thanks

You could put the files on an ftp server and limit the maximum connections. You could then make a php scripts that checks every 10 sec if there is a free slot on the ftp or something of the like.

Thanks a bunch. I'll try that

a little update

the gamespy script is the best by far I have seen. I have also seen filefront.com have either the same script or one that looks 100% similar.

a box with stats on the left with queue status, and advert on the right... basically it is the same, I am sure.

I am sure that gamespy and filefront are not associated, one is the gamespy network, the other is another network wich I am sure are not related.

anyway, did one purchase it from the other, or is this some script you can buy, obviously really expensive... I just dont know, but I want it!