servermatrix charge me another month !!!!

I asked them to cancel by email and then with ticket nothing is done, no reply to email ot ticket, my server is still online and i dont need it anymore (im switching for Ezzy) they charged my credit cards anyway

Right now i dont know what to do, im a french Canadian and i dont talk english very good but can write it a bit as you see so phone them is little difficult for me

the month is started Since may 1 no reply from them since 12 days and more what can i do ?

Can i call my credit card company and ask them to cancel this transaction ?.

If someone want the server i can sell it 99$ no setup fee you still have 3 weeks with the server and you save the setup fee of 99$

Celeron 2.4,
    512 DDR
    100 mbit uplink
    windows 2003

I hate that when company treat you like that

do someone here know a guy that works for servermatrix that can help me im tired of emailing them

Thank you

Jonathan Fiset

Contact your credit card agency. The credit card agency will charge back if you show them a copy of your email cancelling service.

Before you do, let your hosting company that you disagree with the charge however. That way they have no recourse to come after you for the chargeback fee.

Cheers
    Jeff
    www.idologic.com
    www.demologic.com
    A company committed to people serious about their websites - If you don't DO LOGIC - what do you do?Check Us Out

Did you cancel at the last minute because your supposed to give them a heads up like a week in advanced or something.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

My first email was send 22 April it's more than a week in advance, they should at least reply and say they cant refund or something right now no ticket or email update nothing, worst **** ever

Same thing happens to us...

We cancelled two servers on 20th April and accounting confirmed via ticket that all billing has been stopped.

1st of May - We have be billed for the two cancelled servers.

Contacted them but apparently they do not work on the weekends so need to contact them on Monday.

They have done this on several occasions:

1. We cancelled a helm license on 16th Feb, still was charged in March invoice.

2. One server went over their allocated 1000GB and was charged 100$ more than it should have been.

Hey we all are humans and make mistakes, but to confirm that billing has been cancelled, disconnec the servers and re-sell them and then re-bill us, gets rather annoying after awhile.

I believe also that SM are known for billing issues.

Just call them on Monday and they will refund you.

Regards
    Youzo.co.uk
    http://www.youzo.co.uk
    Funky gifts, gadgets, clothing and homeware for him, for her, for the kids, for lovers, for the kids and for everything else!

chargeback

Have you taught about doing a chargeback? You should do it, and you have every right to.

Although I believe in a client have a right to chargeback on their credit cards, I feel this should only be done as a last resort.

ServerMatrix will refund you, they have always refunded us if in error.

They would probably refund you quicker than the time it would take for a chargeback to be completed.
    Youzo.co.uk
    http://www.youzo.co.uk
    Funky gifts, gadgets, clothing and homeware for him, for her, for the kids, for lovers, for the kids and for everything else!

Guys, a chargeback should be the LAST thing to be done. For those of you advocating shooting the horse first and then asking questions, shame on you. I don't think anyone realizes just how much of a pain in the *** it is to deal with a charge back, both on the purchasing side (SM in this case) and on the payment side (bank). Try the normal means of resolving this first.

ServerMatrix policy specifically states that cancellation requests MUST be given to them a MINIMUM of 10 days prior to your next bill cycle. As they bill at the beginning of every month, you would have had to cancel no later than April 21st. A cancellation submitted on April 22nd does not fall under that 10 day window, and thus puts you into the next bill cycle.

You will have to contact ServerMatrix's Accounting department to get this fixed. Log into your Orbit account, then under SALES, select "Contact Account Manager". You will need to speak to someone on the phone. This is a toll free call from the US and Canada.
    Douglas Hazard - Certifiable Sports Junkie and Sports Community Enthusiast

Host of Two Cents Radio - Follow @TwoCentsRadio on Twitter (@BearlyDoug on Twitter)

I just checked and it's 7 days when you log in the ticket panel

Cancellations must be received at least 7 days before the beginning of the next billing cycle

so telling them to cancel on 22 was okay

Originally posted by TRN Douglas

ServerMatrix policy specifically states that cancellation requests MUST be given to them a MINIMUM of 10 days prior to your next bill cycle. As they bill at the beginning of every month, you would have had to cancel no later than April 21st. A cancellation submitted on April 22nd does not fall under that 10 day window, and thus puts you into the next bill cycle.
    From the Orbit site, it says you need to cancel 7 days in advance. Not 10 and I concur that chargeback is the last resort.
    Mike Nguyen
    [email protected]
    http://www.hostonlinux.net
    MSN: [email protected]

7 days, 10 days, 15 days, the rest of the post still remains intact. You still need to contact SM on the phone and speak with your account representative.

For the record, I was told 10 days by my account representative (I've got two servers there, and previously had a third one, which is why I got the 10 day notice).
    Douglas Hazard - Certifiable Sports Junkie and Sports Community Enthusiast

Host of Two Cents Radio - Follow @TwoCentsRadio on Twitter (@BearlyDoug on Twitter)

Originally posted by TRN Douglas
    Guys, a chargeback should be the LAST thing to be done. For those of you advocating shooting the horse first and then asking questions, shame on you. I don't think anyone realizes just how much of a pain in the *** it is to deal with a charge back, both on the purchasing side (SM in this case) and on the payment side (bank). Try the normal means of resolving this first.
    Thats exactly right - Ive never dealt with servermatrix, but they have a good reputation - contact them and let them know whats going on - Im sure they will ultimately credit your money back before dealing with a chargeback...

At the very least - give them every opportunity...

After all - wouldnt you want this courtesy back if situations were reversed?

They have an automated form for it, too. Just click the servers you want to cancel, give a reason, and hit send. It even has this text in bold red:

Cancellations must be received at least 7 days before the beginning of the next billing cycle (06/01/2004). Your cancellation will take effect on 06/01/2004. No refunds will be issued for pre-paid services.
    Maybe it's just me, but that's seems like the most obvious approach to it...
    Former owner of A Small Orange
    New owner of <COMING SOON>

Originally posted by timdorr

They have an automated form for it, too. Just click the servers you want to cancel, give a reason, and hit send. It even has this text in bold red:

Maybe it's just me, but that's seems like the most obvious approach to it...
    Indeed. It is the tool they provide, and it should be used.
    Don't you walk thru my words
    You got to show some respect
    Don't you walk thru my words
    'Cause you ain't heard me out yet

like i said earlier it has been done both with email and with the method you have put

i also cancelled a server and they charged me the next month, then i wanted to transfer the server to another person to keep the price and promotion i had and they have NOT answered by email neitehr through the tickets :|

and i have the same problem calling, i'm from Mexico and it's ok to write and read english, but speaking on the phone freaks me out .. and i don't want to lose the money they charged me for this month :/