Looking for cheap dedicated server under $70

Is that posible to get a dedicated server with basic managed under $70 include cpanel

Managed.com , but I don't suggest them.
    Max

What do you consider basic managed?

i would highly recommend managed.com, I've not had a single problem with them!
    John Heslop

Managed.com is probably your best choice, but...

ValueWeb has a $59, i have no idea who they are, just browsed their website so far:

http://valueweb.com/dedicated/dedicated-hosting.htm

Managed.com is completely unmanaged.
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz

Im not linux experience user so im not sure what 'managed' do i need but just found on server matrix's website about managed

- Customer has root/admin access.
    - Ping Monitoring.
    - Network IDS.
    - Onsite Hands and Eyes.
    - O/S updates and patches.
    - Service Monitoring (FTP, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS, Terminal Services, etc….) [up to 3 services]
    - System Monitoring (Drive Space, Processor usage, Server Load, etc….) [up to 3 services]
    - Process Monitoring (ColdFusion.exe, PGP.exe, ApacheGuard.sh, snort, etc….) [up to 3 services]

So at least like that.

You'd most probably not be able to find a real managed server with that quote. Nocster has several cheap and low-end dedicateds with similar 'managed' services, although you should contact a reseller like makosolutions who might be able to provide more handholding and management services.
    ++++++++
    Providing free cPanel web hosting for over 2 years to community of webmasters
    An independent Burst.net Review

If you’re not experienced with linux, you don’t need a basic management package – you need a fully managed server or you need to hire a personal system administrator to manage the server for you.

Depending on what server specs you’d like, even if you go with the low cost providers like Managed / Nocster – plan on spending 50.00 – 150.00 a month for a server administrator.

Sometimes you can find a Nocster reseller that’ll fully manage the server for you, and can work within your price range.
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz

Originally posted by HeadBuilder
    You'd most probably not be able to find a real managed server with that quote. Nocster has several cheap and low-end dedicateds with similar 'managed' services, although you should contact a reseller like makosolutions who might be able to provide more handholding and management services.
    By the way what is the difference between 'real managed' and 'unreal managed'

Felix do you know the reseller webiste?

I would go with http://www.angelnetworkz.net or Nocster.Com

Off the top of my head I know of a few that resell Nocster servers on this forum:

http://www.mainarea.com/
    http://www.kkhost.net/

And I'm sure there are plenty of others as well. Just do a search, and then contact them to see if they'd manage your server for you.

Also, as crspyjohn has already stated, there are companies that'll fully manage Managed.com servers for you as well. (He listed one.)

If you are capable of pushing your budget up a bit, I'd highly suggest going with a www.ServerMatrix.com server and having a server admin manage it for you, I know a few that'll do it for around 30.00/m.
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz

Between Athlon XP™ 2000 and Intel Celeron™ 2.4GHZ, which one do you recommended to me?

Athlon XP much better server compared to the celeron

I don't know why all of you keep saying you need a fully managed server if you don't know linux.

I had never used ssh a week ago, and the first day i got my server from managed i had to sort out imap and bind problems (had to reinstall bind) Also setup the DNS with no problems

The server is totally fine and I don't need to do anything else to it. I've installed shoutcast and other apps with ease.

Managed.com servers that come with cpanel+whm have everything installed allready(php, mysql etc), im not sure with the ones that don't

So for alot of you to say, know linux or get fully managed is rubbish.

Actually, it’s not rubbish at all.

If he’s putting anything of *value* on that server, you bet your *** he needs to know how to properly administer the server.

Don’t only think about installing various things on the server, but rather things such as the server’s security, and troubleshooting any problems that may occur.
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz

Yes I agree with you on that part but it isn't amazingly hard to learn.

This is what mainly sparked me to post my last post

"If you’re not experienced with linux, you don’t need a basic management package – you need a fully managed server or you need to hire a personal system administrator to manage the server for you. "

You just sounded very enforcing, everyone has to start somewhere. Starting off on a cheap server and learning himself is alot better than him spending $200 (which might be too much for him) for a fully managed server.

Of course – everyone needs to start somewhere, and if he wants to basically teach himself, then reading a few books on server administration and playing with a cheap server could be an ideal solution. But it looked like the poster was looking for an immediate solution for whatever he’s using the server for, and he mentioned that he’d need it to be managed because he’s not good with linux – so I was trying to inform him that he’d be much better off with a fully managed server rather then a basic managed server like most of these companies are now offering. Informative, not enforcing, and if I came across as enforcing, I’m sorry.
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz

Depending on what you are going to be using the server for you might not need a managed server.

Managed.com can give you a terrific deal on a server but it is mostly unmanaged. You can use it to figure out basic linux commands and how to run a server.

However If you are starting a web hosting business, It is going to cost you more than 100$ a month for a good server.

Remember, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

Good Luck

"So for alot of you to say, know linux or get fully managed is rubbish."

Agreed
    Web Based control panels today take away the need to "know linux".
    laslo.ca
    Quality Canadian Web Hosting

Originally posted by robdavy
    "So for alot of you to say, know linux or get fully managed is rubbish."

Agreed
    Web Based control panels today take away the need to "know linux".

but keeping tabs on updated kernals/security issues is something those control pannels cannot do, and is a very important part of a server if it's being used for anything important.

does managed.com charge extra for Cpanel or it is included in? They say Cpanel is optional but there isn't any fee.

Originally posted by sedat.net
    does managed.com charge extra for Cpanel or it is included in? They say Cpanel is optional but there isn't any fee.
    You will be billed on the 2nd month.

Yes you pay extra for cPanel at managed.com
    John Heslop