Staminus.net vs server4you

Hello someone here in this forum have any experience with Staminus.net how is their services/support/network is stable?

what do you guys think about a dedicated server to host IRC services.

Is Staminus better than server4you to IRC?

please i need all comments possible about that.

thanks

i'd pick staminus over server4you since they are wouldnt keep you as a customer if you get ddos attacks.
    Ben S.

With staminus if your dosed the ip is autonulled. For shell hosting this is good. This means that instead of dropping your entire box offline just that persons server goes offline rather then everyones. On the other hand if its just for a single server I would prefer server4you.

I'd pick staminus over server4you any day still, used them both.

i'd pick staminus over server4you since they are wouldnt keep you as a customer if you get ddos attacks.

What do u mean? server4you or staminus dont let me be a customer with i get ddos attacks?

does the server from staminus gotta 100MBps port?

Staminus gets my vote.

Originally posted by netoftc

What do u mean? server4you or staminus dont let me be a customer with i get ddos attacks?

does the server from staminus gotta 100MBps port?

server4you will not keep you as a client if you keep getting DDoS attacks, they dont have a separate IRC segment. As for the port, i don't think the *IRC segment* of the network is100mbit simply because you don't need it for IRC activity
    Ben S.

if im correct all staminus servers are half duplex 10mbit

TheTrance

server4you will not keep you as a client if you keep getting DDoS attacks, they dont have a separate IRC segment. As for the port, i don't think the *IRC segment* of the network is100mbit simply because you don't need it for IRC activity

Do u know any user from server4you that gotta his dedicated server unpluged due ddos attacks?

I ask that because when you have a 10 Mbps port is more easy for you take down with ddos attacks.

Originally posted by netoftc

Do u know any user from server4you that gotta his dedicated server unpluged due ddos attacks?

I ask that because when you have a 10 Mbps port is more easy for you take down with ddos attacks.

It really doesnt matter if your a 10 or a 100 switch. They simply do not like to be DDoSed. you are not the only person who has a server on their network and that is how they protect it.
    Ben S.

I'm fairly certain TheTrance is correct on this one, but I would choose Staminus between the two.

In server4you they dont charge for incoming and in staminus they count for incoming/outcoming with i get a ddos attacks in staminus i will burn/lost all of my Bandwidth?

or how they handle with that?

hmm didnt know server4you dont charge for incoming, well we have servers at both providers here is my take.

staminus auto nullroute, this keeps other services on your server online and stops you been billed for the ddos.

server4you as far as I am aware wont do anything unless you specifically ask them to so if you are asleep for 8 hours during an attack on your 100mbit port its going to hurt, are you sure they dont charge for incoming?

Hello Chrysalis i just contact server4you and they said that they auto nullroute the attacks, and i`m sure that they dont charge for incoming.

My server has never been null routed at server4you during at attack. Ill assume you did the chat with them live on website. If so I have found these people to mostly be sales workers who know little to nothing about what they are talking about. Also as for the incoming bw I have seen a few people say they dont charge for it but have seen no proof as in a link to s4y website that states this.

I've only used Staminus.net, never used the other provider but not a problem wit Staminus at all.. excellent, especially with their new prices and bandwidth