Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

UKHost4U Problems???

Hi,
    We have a site gamersgen.com that is hosted with UKHost4U. We have been with them for 1 month and had no problems BUT in the last 5 days the site has gone down at least 6 times. And i'm not talking short times either.

We have sent them an email every day asking them what is going on but have not got a responce as yet It's really starting to **** me.

When the site goes down we loose our MySQL's and it gives and error on the page. Then when the site comes back on the MySQL's are back and its all normal again.

Does anyone know of any problems they are having?

Have you tried calling them? Might want to think of switching a host if problem continues. just a thought. good luck!

AdWatcher.NET - Ad Monitoring & Tracking (90-day Money Back Guarantee)

David Ogilvy said, 'I know half of my advertising works. I just don't know which half'. Would you like to know if YOUR prospects are reacting to your ads? Find out now!

Thanks for the reply AdWatcher.

Yes we have just tried to call there support line and it goes to a normal resident. We will try there main number when they open at 10am

Well the site has just gone done again and this is the error we get -----> Fatal error: Call to undefined function: message_die() in /home/gg/public_html/nuke/db/db.php on line 88

Thanks in advance for any help

Sorry to hear that, looks like it's backup here.
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!

I do not know of the host but I would say that waiting more than 12 hours for a response even in an emergency situation is abnormal.

I had a few experiences with hosts that did not answer support requests at all. In every case the provider shut down within the month.

I would consider changing hosts and I would make it very clear in your support requests or emails that this is an option you are considering. If they still do not answer... BAIL OUT IMMEDIATELY! Any host that is not concerned enough to keep a customer from leaving is absolutely NOT worth it!

However, with every host or provider a little rain may fall. Every host or provider has experienced dowtimes beyond their control. I have experienced a few downtimes like when switching servers for an upgrade. It happens. BUT I was never out of touch with clients for over 12 hours. Usually I was able to establish contact or reply to support within 2-6 hours. Once the server crashed completely... I had to resort to emailing everyone using a HOTMAIL account. But, I DID... and your host should do the same one way or another...

In other words, maybe the host was hacked or the server has experienced a crash, whatever. BUT waiting too long afffects you too. The host should know this and make compensations.

I wish you luck...

My .02

John A

Have a look at the following post, you arn't the only one.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...light=ukhost4u

Re: UKHost4U Problems???

Originally posted by MrBassini
    Hi,
    We have a site gamersgen.com that is hosted with UKHost4U. We have been with them for 1 month and had no problems BUT in the last 5 days the site has gone down at least 6 times. And i'm not talking short times either.

We have sent them an email every day asking them what is going on but have not got a responce as yet It's really starting to **** me.

When the site goes down we loose our MySQL's and it gives and error on the page. Then when the site comes back on the MySQL's are back and its all normal again.

Does anyone know of any problems they are having?

I've also heard they have taken their forum down because of the number of complaints and aggressive posts from customers and the lack of being able to answer forum questions about network problems!

Cheers for that uksam but most of that thread is old now.

We gave them a call yesterday and the response was "Yes we are having problems. We have a team working on it" and then about 10min on hold

Again we have sent them a couple of emails and nothing.

So if anyone is looking for a new host, I wouldnt suggest ukhost4u Where currently looking for a new one now

we used to use them but after serveral weekends where our site was down all weekend along with our customers sites we left.... that was a coule of years ago tho so not sure whats going on now.

Originally posted by tazd9t9
    .... that was a coule of years ago tho so not sure whats going on now.
    Well it looks like from this post, things haven't changed over at ukhost4u!

Hello,

All I want to say is that these posts / feebacks are very old. We now have many major differences. The last post was a customer who hosted with us nearly 2 years ago.

We now have 24/7 staff and a fully monitored service.

Originally posted by ukhost4u

All I want to say is that these posts / feebacks are very old.....

This thread was only started yesterday!

yes i was over 2 years ago like i said but ive had people tell me that its still the same but i dont know that from personal experience

Hello,

All I want to say is that these posts / feebacks are very old. We now have many major differences. The last post was a customer who hosted with us nearly 2 years ago.

Paul Hughes (aka ukhost4u), you are joking right?? Please have a look at the date on my original post!!!

Here, i'll even quote it for you
    05-05-2004 04:09 AM
    Yep thats right, 5th May 2004. Only 2 days ago according to my calander.

Is that clear enough for you???

FFS we have sent you emails every day for the last 6 days now & had no response. YET you can reply on a bloody forum

This is really getting beyond a joke. I have just tried the site again now and guess what? Yep it's down again.

tazd9t9,
    I can tell you from personal experince that NO it doesnt look like they have changed one bit. Makes you wonder how they have stayed in business so long.

Thumbs down

Hello,

so why do you not reply to the emails?
    and as others have stated above its best you read the entire topic NOT just the LAST post made, i think that kinda says it all really, thats probably how u treat your emails.. a quick skim thro taking no notice of whats actually being said.

your service has dissapointed me greatly..

with no surprise our site is down once again.. 4th time today.. over the past 7 days our site has gone down a staggering 30 times.. 30 times in 1 week..
    I STRONGLY advise others to think carefully before choosing this host, all this started at the start of month 2 (last saturday).
    as of last saturday our domain ip changed (WITHOUT NOTICE) and we couldnt access ANY of our ftps.. (i had always used the ip to log on) then after accessing cpanel i saw the ip had changed and then was able to access my ftp (once again thanks for informing..NOT) ..Then came the constant DOWNTIME and MYSQL failure every few hours.. (at the time of writing this my site once again is down).
    I also noticed in the ticket reply i got to tell me they recieved my email (dam automated crap) that the url / email had changed from ukhost4u to ukinternet

I feel scammed right now.. i feel like uve either sold me off to a sh*t host or uve just slapped me onto a crap server (now my initial month is over) to make way for new customers.
    please correct me if im wrong

gamersgen.com

* ukhost4u

I have been a customer of ukhost4u for 3 years. In that time their uptime has gone from good to totally unpredictable.

They cancelled my account after receiving an email allegedly from me but which was not sent from my listed email address.

They advised me that they were transfering my domain name to me which I was told by nominet they had managed to **** it up.

In recent months matters have just got worse.

After an alleged DOS attack they moved the servers to the US. During this move which resulted in a total lack of service for 6 days followed by very intermittent service for weeks after, they managed to loose my databases and then told me I would have to reinstall them myself (bloody cheek)

During this total loss of service I received no warning, no unsolicited explanations, no updates on the situation and positively no concern was shown by anyone I had contact with during the fiasco.

I lost over 50% of my traffic 80% of my advertising and have since been forced to close my website.

Mainly as it is down again and has been for over two days.

As I have lost both admin and public access I am unable to use the ticket system, there is no bulletin board anymore and support links on their homepage tell me to use the support ticket system (to do this I need access to my site....hello!!!! it's down thats why I want to talk!)

I have to date received no explanation or advice from them and would advise anyone considering the as a host....

DON'T DO IT.....I REPEAT....DO NOT USE UKHOST4U

Poor service
    Poor communication
    Poor customer service
    Poor generally

Finally, does anyone out there no how to sue their asses cause I am a little angry.

Have they broken trading standards or advertising rules? Probably not the laws an ***.

They didn't even offer compensation.

PS If god created the world in 6 days and paul destroyed my web world in six days does that make him satan

I am also a victim of ukhost4u (or usahost4u as they should now be called). Has anyone tried to get their money back? Do you think the credit card company would be interested in getting the money back?

They even had the cheek to send me an e-mail last week indicating there were no problems with their database servers anymore

I just noticed that my domain name has been re-registered.
    The registrant is my competitor. We both have local websites.

Still waiting to find out what the hell is going on!

UKHOST4U still appear to be the agent though!

Hmmmm.......

We took on a client previously hosted with this company, within a week of taking them over they were receiving 4000 spam emails a day, they had to scrub all previous email addresses and dump the catchall, mail was also getting sent to mis-spelt addresses which were obviously not listed anywhere, along with cc'd lists to all known address that had ever been used.
    Point to note they were not receiving any significant amount of spam until approx a week or two after the move - read into that what you like. I later found out the split had been an acrimonious one.
    Nil illegitimi carborundum
    I'm getting old and don't do drugs. I get the same effect just standing up fast.

Funny that because I have complained several times prior to this change to the whois database and they dealt with a domain dispute involving the same third party last year...I wonder

ukhost4u say that matters concerning the domain registration are nothing to do with them. But they are the agent and although the domain is mine they were still listed as the registrant for the domain.
    So how can it be nothing to do with them?

Re: ukhost4u

Originally posted by warper

Finally, does anyone out there no how to sue their asses cause I am a little angry.

Have they broken trading standards or advertising rules? Probably not the laws an ***.

They didn't even offer compensation.

Firstly you should report them publicly so others dont fall into there trap, by way of bbc watchdog, http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/ also computing magazines such as .net mag' - netwatch, there email is [email protected] (subject line: netwatch)

Also have a look at http://www.consumercomplaints.org.uk/
    and if your serious about suing contact your local law firm or http://www.freelawyer.co.uk

Hope this helps.

Well they lost our site too.

They ended up moving it to another server and thats when we lost everything.

Lost our dtatbases & we had to rebuild them from scratch. They didnt seem to care at all either. We contacted them a few times on MSN & they would just say everthing looks fine this end

Anyone looking at using them, DON'T DO IT!!!!!!

Sorry to revive, dbzu . c a o a m , go see yourself

I also have a website hosted with UKHost4u and in the past 4 days they have been experiancing difficulties with the SQL database, in fact in less than 24 hours I have encountered 3 problems with my site not being able to connect to the database.

As my whole site is done using Xoops CMS i kinda rely on SQL for my site to work.

This problem is extremely frustrating because you send them a support email and then it gets fixed then once after i recieved an email saying the problem had been fixed 5 minutes later the problem was back again.

Currently as i type this post my site has been down for almost 2 hours..and its the weekend which means very little support.

If they cant supply the service for which there customers have paid for(webhosting) then they probably shouldnt be in the webhosting business.

Never saw this till it was to late

I Joined UKhost4u on Wednesday and have had so much trouble i dont know what to do.

My site uses php and MYSQL but its down every hour or so, the site comes back but no database its gone, next minute the database is back.

My site is or will be an auction site, i can see it being a complete flop if i open it because who wants to sit their waiting for the last minute to bid when the database goes dead?

I registered the hosting and it came with a free domain name and i have started having logos and banners made with the domain name as the title. Any one know how to get the domain back or transfered to another host?

Last question can anyone recomened a hosting company that does what its supposed to as i have had no luck with this or the even worse ******.

Thanks

If the domain is a .uk domain and ukhost4u wont release it, you can contact Nominet and get them to change the IPSTAG to your new provider.

This will cost £15+ VAT but it's well worth it if you have started having banners made etc.

Why don't you give your host a chance. Have you ever considered supporting your host?

When was the last time you posted a positive feedback here.?
    As soon as something goes wrong, some customers make it public and when everything is fine and they get good support ....

Support should be a mutual process in my opinion.

And no! I'm not assiciated with ukhost4u
    Last edited by WebMate; 07-31-2004 at 07:27 PM.

I would support the host if they did the same.

I have used the support and admit they were fast with their one liner replies, but thats all i can say sort of good about them.

If after say 3 days you could see the host was not working would you honestly stay and try and build a site, do the work then find out its down every time.

I havent posted a positive here because i am new here and had i visited here first their is no way i would have signed up with this host.

Just to get the right picture here,

What's the 3 days you're talking about ? Three days continuous downtime or not answering your support tickets?

I appreciate you still have some positive attitude twardss yr host

They answered the support tickets and emails very quickly i will give them that.

The problem i have had is the site is ok one minute then its down then its back on but the mysql is down then that comes back and it contiunes in that pattern.

If they sort themselfs out i would stay with them because when their on its a good fast easy to use host

I dont want to have a go at any company and i know all companies have their problems, but i have a lot of work to do and cant get it done when the host is playing up.

Originally posted by bobuk

I dont want to have a go at any company and i know all companies have their problems, but i have a lot of work to do and cant get it done when the host is playing up.
    I understand that. I hope things will work out for you and ukhost4u will learn their lesson as many other, including the biggies, hosts.

What was their response? Did they explain why those things were happening and what thery're doing about it?

All the best

This has been a constant problem with us on ukhost4u.

And they ALWAYS say, the problem is now resolved.. but that feels insulting as it never is.

they obviously dont know whats wrong with server or they would of fixed this SAME mysql prob MONTHS ago.

i feel i have been very patient with ukhost4u..

we are about 4-5 months into our hosting with them..
    and i dont think a day passes without the site dieing..
    sometimes upto 10 times a day.

My site generates from 1000 - 3000 hits a day.. but i know
    im losing regular visitors daily because the constant hassle.

I had to rebuild the entire site at one stage because they lost it

they even suspended my account once and said "it was my fault these problems were happening to their server" (the mysql failure), they said something about "to many connections".

After a bit of bartering they moved us to a diff server, and the prob went for a few days, but then returned and never gone since.

ive tried backing up my site and putting it on another host but it never works, so until i can get a successful move im stuck with them.
    (gamersgen.com is php dependant and i dont wanna start again...again )

yeah, there no gd
    The free Mirroring service!
    U4eum.NET

Originally posted by Reborn-GG-
    This has been a constant problem with us on ukhost4u.

And they ALWAYS say, the problem is now resolved.. but that feels insulting as it never is.

they obviously dont know whats wrong with server or they would of fixed this SAME mysql prob MONTHS ago.

i feel i have been very patient with ukhost4u..

we are about 4-5 months into our hosting with them..
    and i dont think a day passes without the site dieing..
    sometimes upto 10 times a day.

My site generates from 1000 - 3000 hits a day.. but i know
    im losing regular visitors daily because the constant hassle.

I had to rebuild the entire site at one stage because they lost it

they even suspended my account once and said "it was my fault these problems were happening to their server" (the mysql failure), they said something about "to many connections".

After a bit of bartering they moved us to a diff server, and the prob went for a few days, but then returned and never gone since.

ive tried backing up my site and putting it on another host but it never works, so until i can get a successful move im stuck with them.
    (gamersgen.com is php dependant and i dont wanna start again...again )
    Just curious - you seem to be using PHP Nuke for your site so why so much difficulty in moving to another host if you want to?
    I'm getting old and don't do drugs. I get the same effect just standing up fast.

i have tried, i even paid another host to move it across and it just failed to work.

everything moved across but i get an error when trying to view it.
    im at a loss as to what to do.

There is many competent hosts on this forum that I think would be happy to give assistance in relocation if they are getting the hosting business from you - most don't bite so contact a few and see what they say rather than putting up with a service you are unhappy with.

BTW I am in the UK and your page took nearly 5 minutes to fully load on a 64k ISDN line

yes sad state of affairs huh.. its not like its image intensive either, its mainly text based.

and our site has members located worldwide, so you can imagine the slowness they get.

i currently now have 3 webspaces.

1 with fatastico (ukhost4u)
    1 with cpanel 9.x
    1 with nothing but space.

i didnt really wanna shell out yet another load of cash unless i was 100% sure it was gonna work.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast