Does Backordering work?

I found a name I'm interested in but it's "onhold". So I was wondering if this backordering thing works?

Does it matter which registra you go with?

Thanks

I have a script that checks every 12 hours for domains that I am interested in. If one comes up it text messages my phone. Comes in handy and it is alot better than paying the $40 that some back ordering programs cost.

registrar doesn't matter, if the owner doesn't renew the domain will be released in certain period - https://www.snapnames.com/partners/s...eletecycle.gif

i'd say use all backorder services available to increase your chances.

check Domain Name Frequently Asked Questions Database for backorder services listing.
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

i'd say use all backorder services available to increase your chances
    I've read that quite a few times, but I wouldn't do that simply because I can't afford it, it would be very very dear!
    Of course if you're desperate in a way or in another, such as if you're making a living out of it, you might as well use all of them, or most of them.
    Otherwise, particularly if you're after just very few names, I wouldn't consider that option.

if the name you are interested, you think no one will take it, try using those scripts or just monitor the domain and hand reg.

If the domain has high traffic and seems to be a valuable domain, even if you want to use backorder service, you might not get it, as there are some private domain catchers like buydomain catch for themselves.

NeonHQ is absolutely right.

If the domain you want may be popular, a backorder service greatly increases your chances of getting the domain. But if the domain is obscure or not very popular than a backorder service is just extra money.

It is better to be safe than sorry if you really want the domain so you should use a backorder service.

Ryan

lol - nothing like that. I just saw it and thought it rolled off the tongue nicely. I'll just keep an eye on it.

Anyone got any links to those scripts everyone is talking about?

dropscript.com
    Quality web hosting PullHost.com

Thanks - I'll try it out.

also dropscripts.com
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi