Arrow Your comments on Adwords, Adsense and Overture

Well I would like to know what you think about the Google Adwords / Adsense program and of Overture. Any experience would help because I have stopped them both completely this month.

Anyway here are my comments.

-- AdWords
    too much fraud hits and clicks from people who want to make fast money out of the advertisers.
    The cost are high because of these....

-- Overture
    Very effective BUT..... also very expensive.... being a free web hosting company only made matters worse.... There are More clicks coming in but at a cost that would not be strategic to continue..... For the same amount we spent in a month on Overture... we got the same results by other methods in half a day and a quarter of the price.. ( bare in mind we are a free service so its a little different from commercial host )

--- Adsense
    Was working well until last month April 2004.... Not giving figures but it was like $XXX on Feb , $XXX on March and $XX on April and a lot of public Ads were streamed and $0.00 per click incidents too.... ( yes you heard that right I did not even get a cent for some clicks.... How I know?? Well one day I have a few clicks but zero earnings.... thats where I came into light.... )

Now I have given up on them and moved to sponsored advertising where I concentrate on providing my advertisers the impressions and exposure on all my sites and member's sites.

I would really like to hear comments from the people here
    Thanks.
    -=- GQ Hong -=-
    GalacNet WebMaster

You should contact Google for not getting your deserved money, though it will be hard to get a hold of them but still!

Try advertising on webmaster sites and list yourself in as many directories as you can. Ask you customers to refer you, hold a small contest to get the word out. i.e. WHT special or some other special. For succeeding with Adwords you will have to be really picky and have a keyword rich copy in the text of yourwebsite, thats true for most SEs, visit www.highrankings.com to read some articles on SE tips. Use www.wordtracker.com and www.keywordrankings.com for free reports and then analyze them to see where you lack! thanks
    "Web Hosting is not just about selling space, it is about facilitating customers needs with your plans and supporting the customer for a long lasting mutually beneficial relationship."- Yaser

Yes I have targeted many diffeerent types of Keywords but overall Overture is much more effective than Google from my experience and more expensive as well because they insert your listing to the search engines instead of some CPC program that some users abuse.

As for asking them about it..... it always gets the same reply.... "server problem please bear with us. Sorry...."

Sorry....?? no one was sorry if I had to eat grass for the next few months ( that was a joke )
    -=- GQ Hong -=-
    GalacNet WebMaster

your a funny guy galacnet.
    But if it doesnt earn you any dough you should stop it, its not like totally doesnt work but Google has flaws, i dont know if you read their public filing article on www.searchenginewatch.com where they mentioned their worries. Their PR technology and other services have flaws, afterall nothing is perfect
    "Web Hosting is not just about selling space, it is about facilitating customers needs with your plans and supporting the customer for a long lasting mutually beneficial relationship."- Yaser

Well it paid off quite well at the start until they started their new program which made it worse.... much much worse.... earning dropped by 90%.... and I got stats to show that.....

So I removed all the Google Ads and started working with Advertisers and now everything is back to normal
    -=- GQ Hong -=-
    GalacNet WebMaster

Im sure the advertisers would pay alot more than adwords, and would also make them happy their ads are appearing at the galacnet +it wouldnt drain them like google hehe

Yeah Oh well if I make like millions every money I may go back to the Google and Overture... but meanwhile not likely in the near future

Still they are good... just a little expensive... ( not cost efficient )
    -=- GQ Hong -=-
    GalacNet WebMaster

You should try other ppc engines www.looksmart.com www.ah-ha.com

they are not bad and cheaper, thanks

I will have a look thanks
    -=- GQ Hong -=-
    GalacNet WebMaster

Looksmart is growing in reputation after that is www.kanoodle.com

If you want a comprehensive guide and tips/tricks you should visit www.searchenginewatch.com it has a very good and informative section on everything related to submitting to directories, engines, etc. its a one-stop search engine source

Adwords:
    Claims to send visitors that you never get, too expensive.

Overture:
    Does not bring any visitors unless you pay a fortune...way too expensive.

Re: Your comments on Adwords, Adsense and Overture

Originally posted by galacnet
    $0.00 per click incidents too.... ( yes you heard that right I did not even get a cent for some clicks.... How I know?? Well one day I have a few clicks but zero earnings.... thats where I came into light.... )
    Perhaps public service ads where clicked?

Adsense is working great for me. As is Adwords(though I'm not bidding for hosting). Overture works fine too, but unfortunately they don't deliver as many visitors as I'd like.
    Are you a webhost?
    Want more customers?
    Add your plans at Webhost-kb.com

Nope Public Ads don't generte impressions or click through counts....
    -=- GQ Hong -=-
    GalacNet WebMaster