Thread: Licenses

Licenses

hello,

My doubt is the following one:

For example ServerMatrix offers for the server dedicated Linux RedHat 9,0 and Windows Server 2003 to the same price ($0), all we know that Linux Redhat 9,0 can be used legally without license since he is free and it is possible to be download of linuxiso.org. But to use a system Windows, as for example Windows Server 2003 is needed a license, a license (very expensive) for each server. As they offer 0$ for a server Windows if it requires a coast licenses by server?

it is that to them it leaves to them free? or they use a same license of Windows for all the server?

I wait for your answers

The Windows license is not free as with the Redhat Enterprise 3. They offering for free because Servermatrix absorb the cost of the license and it has already been included in the basic cost of the server.

Each machine would have their own license and they do not buy one and deploy on all. Of course, they have a special deal with Microsoft which enables them to deploy as they are.

If you are worried about the legality of the license, you do not need to worry. They are fully licensed but they are just not license to them.
    http://www.batchimage.com - Offering Batch Image Processing and TIFF/PDF Software Solutions

redhat enterprise 3,0 has a 313.39EUR cost, to them whatever can cost to them?

Just like with Microsoft, they have a special deals with Redhat. Like I say, you do not need to worry how much they have to pay for their license. All you need to know is that all the licenses are original and valid.
    http://www.batchimage.com - Offering Batch Image Processing and TIFF/PDF Software Solutions

Re: Licenses

Originally posted by comers
    hello,

My doubt is the following one:

For example ServerMatrix offers for the server dedicated Linux RedHat 9,0 and Windows Server 2003 to the same price ($0), all we know that Linux Redhat 9,0 can be used legally without license since he is free and it is possible to be download of linuxiso.org. But to use a system Windows, as for example Windows Server 2003 is needed a license, a license (very expensive) for each server. As they offer 0$ for a server Windows if it requires a coast licenses by server?

it is that to them it leaves to them free? or they use a same license of Windows for all the server?

I wait for your answers
    They're a Microsoft Certified partner, which means they get inexpensive, monthly licensing options. Nocster sells Windows Server 03 for $25/mo extra, SM charges $20/mo extra on the 1.7, so assume they're getting the licenses around $15-20/mo. They have the same sort of deal with Red Hat, as well. They include it in their pricing.

-Josh

I know it, but to them also one leaves RedHat and Microsoft it by monthly prices? I am thinking to sell dedicated and I am interested in this subject of the licenses.

msft lowered their licenses price to take some share in the server
    linux/unix used to own about 90% now its down somewhere to 70%

not understand shraz

If you want to market web servers with your own Redhat and Microsoft liceneses, why not contact those two companies directly and find out the terms and conditions and cost involved.

We have try to acquire licesing from those 2 companies, their monthly are inline with what you guys thinks. Contact them if you want to know.
    http://Ethr.net jay@ethr.net
    West Coast AT&T / Level3 / Savvis Bandwidth, Colocation, Dedicated Server, Managed IP Service, Hardware Load Balancing Service, Transport Service, 365 Main St, SFO / 200 Paul Ave, SFO / PAIX, PAO / Market Post Tower, 55 S. Market, SJC / 11 Great Oaks, Equinix, SJC

ok, very thanks