MySQL and Cpanel problem

Hey folks,

I have a few sites that have grown so I decided to cancel my shared hosting account and got myself a dedicated server so I could add to my collection of sites. At any rate, I created myself a user account for one of the sites and allowed myself 10 MySQL databases using WHM's add user function. From there, I logged in to cpanel using the account I just created. I clicked on the MySQL Database icon. So, from there, I try to create a new database called "main". It pops up a screen saying:

Database Created
    Added the database main

But, the database wasn't actually created. When I go back into CPanel, it shows database usage as 0/10 still. Then when I click back into that MySQL icon, I don't see my database there at all! This is driving me nuts!

If it helps, I'm on a server at managed.com, running Redhat 9 and CPanel 8. Thanks for any advice you might be able to provide!

As an addendum, I logged on to WHM and clicked on "Change a User or Database Password" under the Mysql section. That popped up a frame saying "Mysql is not installed." Uh oh! So I went to the restart services portion and clicked on SQL Server and it restarted ok. However, I still cannot create a database under Cpanel and the user I created. Is this a known Cpanel issue?

I don't think so. Did you tried phpMyAdmin for dealing with the mysql database ?
    YasHost.com
    Cheap Dedicated Servers - Fully Managed, cPanel/WHM Included FOR FREE

Yes, but it wouldn't let me add a database/

Does it display the same "Mysql is not installed" error ?
    YasHost.com

No, I can't see where I'm able to add a database under that account.

Try by executing an 'create database' sql query.
    YasHost.com