Reliable Windows Hosting?

Hi Everyone,

I am having trouble finding a reliable windows host for my client. There are so many of them out there and after i finally found a couple..i saw a bunch of negative reviews on these boards.

Anyone had good experiences with a windows host? I don't need much, I just need good uptime and support.

ASP/ASP.NET
    5 ACCESS DATABASES
    SMTP/POP3
    SUBDOMAINS
    600MB Space
    CONTROL PANEL (not necessary)

I found these, what are your comments/experinces/recommendations:

www.ipowerweb.com
    www.winwebhosting.com
    www.winsave.com
    www.hostcentric.com
    www.superbhosting.net
    www.profez.com

Thank you

yes, I agree I violated the rules.

Sorry.

EDIT: Maybe violated but I do had first hand experience with them. So my reply was not a violation. I just did not say I had experience with them =]
    PierreB - Montreal

I am just looking for a reliable host, so whoever is currently happy with their windows hosting please say so. Isn't what these boards are for? To help people with their hosting needs..

I don't trust all these hosting review sites..they seem to be made by hosting companies to promote themselves and don't really give accurate info..I always get a feeling that the webmaster sold their opinions for advertising cash..

For Windows hosting I might highly suggest Interland (use google). Not cheap but one of the largest (if not the largest) Windows hosting provider with 3 Datacenters in the USA.

Hello,

Might I suggest Host Quote ?

You will have plenty to decide from when you use it.

Regards and wish you best of luck,
    Mediopia Technologies, Inc - Call Toll Free (24 x 7): 1-877-807-HOST
    Windows and Linux Reseller and Shared Web Hosting Plans
    SiteStudio, ASP, ASP.net, PHP, CGI, Coldfusion MX 6.1, Frontpage, MS SQL Server, MySQL, PgSQL ...
    http://www.mediopia.biz/

yes use the Host Quote system cause your mommy said so BUT actully what I do is go and is use whois.sc/domain.com...

-when was there domain name registered
    -ping there websites and traceroute them too
    -see if you can find other customers websites that they host (even though I generally dont give this info out) you can do your homework by ip snoopin

about the sites you listed:
    -ipowerweb webs fairly big and there domain was registered in jan '00 and no forum to check for clients?

-winwebhosting was registerd late sept '02

-and yea so forth (sorry gotta go to bed but you get the idea i hope how to aproach it) you can also see how many websites per server they have to the ip when i checked only 1 so far had almost 500 websites which is full pretty much

good luck
    gilbert
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.

ipowerweb

I have used Ipowerweb, and I would not recommend them. We had a variety of reliability issues with them and their support is slow and bad.

-when was there domain name registered
    A fairly good measure, but they could be a new branch of an otherwise old and experienced company.
    -ping there websites and traceroute them too
    Not very reliable results. Better ask for a test file and see how fast it downloads.

Netka, do a search for each of the company name (without the .com) http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search.php?s= and patiently look for opinions expressed by customers.

Good luck!

WinWebHosting

I have used the Windows version of winwebhosting.com for a while and haven't had any problems. I requested support once and received a response and solution within an hour.

I have experience with iPowerWeb with 2 sites... their network is marginal really, I think they overload their servers way too much. Their support is mediocre also, and it usually takes about 15-20 minutes to get through to a live person.

Re: WinWebHosting

Originally posted by nvspecial
    I have used the Windows version of winwebhosting.com for a while and haven't had any problems. I requested support once and received a response and solution within an hour.
    Can i know what the domain name is?

Interland!!! For Windows, you got to be kidding me. Do you know that Blue Halo that Interland boasts about doesn't even support Access. You have to order a $30 plan (it might even be higher) just for MS access, then interland will put you on a discreet windows server and off of the blue screen of death (i mean blue halo)

Im sorry if you want great windows hosting, not good, I suggest Maximumasp (expensive but great hosting nonetheless) or on the shared side, I suggest Discountasp.net (fairly priced but could offer more specs).

Hi netka,

Highly recommend Nevidia hosting for windows, I've been with them for about one year now, and can say they are excellent, go with them, the prices will be changed so as their site, hurry up. Hope it helps

http://www.nevidia.com

N_F_S

Take a look at here; http://www.crystaltech.com/

Originally posted by Shoey
    Take a look at here; http://www.crystaltech.com/
    Word.

I switched to CrystalTech for two sites two months ago, I couldn't be more pleased.

thank you everyone. I am going to try crystaltech and nevidia. Just got my account with crystaltech last night.

netka, be sure to give us an update in two to three months. Everyone likes to hear reviews of the different services.

crystaltech is wayyyy too expensive for windows shared hosting....

So far crystaltech has been very fast. Set up with no glitches and seems pretty stable. I like it that they allow you to modify dns and have a good control panel. With cheap shared hosting you get what you pay for..1000 sites/per server/bad support/unstable company who can shut your site down

I can't speak for everyone..but thats what i gathered so far from these boards.