BurstNET Emergency Maintenance

On May 7th, 2004 at approximately 3:30 PM EDT we will be performing emergency maintenance to swap out a core switch in our Philadelphia POP. Total downtime due to this is expected to be approximately 5 minutes. This work is necessary to remove a failing switch before it reaches total system failure.

Excellent to have posted here. I was about to do it when i saw this

Good to see that it's being replaced before failure, so that Nocster doesn't see hours of downtime like another host just did yesterday...

-Josh

Does this involve the current downtime? I am unable to access Burst.net or my own server. The scheduled downtime was approx 50 minutes ago, but it just went down a few minutes ago. Any news on this?

Mike Jacobs

[Edit] Yeah, mine is back up already. I guess they just scheduled the downtime an hour earlier than they should have. Everything looks fine on my end [/Edit]

yes they just went down and BACKUP NOW
    I think they shuold ve wrote 4:25PM instead of 3:30

Well that was quick... I didn't time it exactly, but it looked as if it was well under 5 minutes of downtime.

- Matt

was just wondering what this was but took it as the downtime as didnt know what time it was due to go down with the time difference.

I apologize that it took a bit longer to start than originally anticipated, but we are back up and running. Thanks.

Actually DAN it wasnt that late. I think it was all covered in 10 min time frame