View Poll Results: why does my cpu usage doesn't go down to 100% eventhough i aint using anything

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • any message that can help

0 0%
  • suggestions

1 100.00%

Thread: I need help....

* I need help....

my computer is very slow now. before it was not that slow. i think it began right after i used my internet and restarted my pc many times.
    i went to the task manager, and the cpu usage doesn't go down 100%. it stays at 100% even i am not using any applications. and when i open something, like Microsoft word for example, it takes almost a minute to open it. i know theres a problem with my computer. i just don't know what to do. my friend told me me to reformat but i have lots of important files in it. what should i do?
    i hope there's someone out there who could help me.

thanks...

BACKUP your important FILES... very first step
    What is the amount of RAM? Do you check on whether your PC is infected with viruses? How old is your PC huh
    Giam Teck Choon
    :: Join choon.net Community today to share your tips and tricks on server issues please ::
    :: Singapore Dedicated Servers :: Singapore Virtual Private Servers :: Linux/FreeBSD Server Management ::

I once had a similar problem, I used to restart explorer.exe, that always seamed to fix it. Then after a while I formatted, and loaded all critical updates on. Never had the problem since. Hope this helps.

choon, its 4 yrs now that i hav my pc. i hav a norton antivirus, and it hasnt detected any virus at all.

Amount of RAM?
    For 4 years huh... I remember my PC after 2 years in side got lots of dust... I opened it and clean it then thing got better as last time sometimes it hang without reason Better play safe than sorry... DO YOUR BACKUP !!!
    Giam Teck Choon
    :: Join choon.net Community today to share your tips and tricks on server issues please ::
    :: Singapore Dedicated Servers :: Singapore Virtual Private Servers :: Linux/FreeBSD Server Management ::

adam pca --- thanks for the advice.

No problem. Anytime.