Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Frozen Web Hosting Recurring Downtime: Official Response via Private Email

Official Response to Downtime (sent via private email)

I was seriously debating within myself whether or not to post this email on a public forum, but finally decided that it may serve as a possible hint that FWH may indeed be trying to get its act together. I stopped short of posting this on the other server outage thread (do a search on your own at the outage forum) because I did not want to run out of topic (outage) and risk having that important thread locked out.

Hi,
    The server is being worked over by techs to prevent any future downtime and we're taking these matters very seriously. We also don't appreciate how hard you have been trying to discredit Frozen Web Hosting in the WHT forums. I would provide you more information as to the actions we're performing, but we can inform you little as it will end up posted by you on WHT.

Regards,
    FWH Staff

----- Original Message -----
    To: "'Frozen Web Hosting's Help Desk System'" <frozensupport@frozenhosting.com>
    Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2004 3:53 AM
    Subject: All site down since 0530hrs EST

> Hi,
    >
    > All sites have been down again on the Dallas server since as early as
    > 0530hrs EST. I think you ought to be very embarrassed by the events of
    > late, all of which are absolutely unacceptable. We're seriously
    > disappointed in FWH.
    Only some questions/feelings/doubts remain:

(1) Why they do not care to spend 1 minute to explain this on the FWH forum, where at least 1 thread has been created demanding explanations

(2) I do not understand how factual postings on WHT of my experience with FWH can be considered a "discredit"; it's not that statistics show their uptime to be 99.99% and that I have been disseminating bad info and ill-will; moreover sharing experiences of one's host is a primary service of WHT

(3) More grave is this: I absolutely do not understand why they would be unwilling to explain the actions they are currently allegedly taking to alleviate the downtime. If they were indeed doing something about it, they should be proud, and happy indeed, of me coming here and announcing the good news. So I can only imagine 3 reasons for their reluctance for me to share the information:

(a) they are in fact not doing anything about it

(b) they are doing something about it but that something is shady

(c) they do not wish the public to know how inapt they had been in the past eg. for example if they had never updated their security features in the past, then to announce doing that only now could be detrimental to their image (think about it - you see the flood, then start building the ark - doesn't help the situation very much)

1. that is a private email and shouldnt be posted here

2. why do they need to do that? businesses should deal with clients directly, NOT on a forum board!

3. their email is a lot kinder than what id have written to you in the same circumstance. wht is NOT a support desk for other hosting companies.

4. if everything is so grave and disappointing, why are you still there? leave. dont you have clients?
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!

Originally posted by LaurenStephens
    1. that is a private email and shouldnt be posted here

2. why do they need to do that? businesses should deal with clients directly, NOT on a forum board!
    (1) That was my email

(2) As of post time, FWH has even neglected to respond to threads on their own forum

Most importantly, this is in line with the Forum's rules which read "Participants may not use discussions to recommend, praise, or belittle other products or services, or any company; without first hand experience of those products or services. This includes companies recommending other companies. Any post not meeting a moderator's criteria will be removed without notice."

Boy, I sure have had first hand experience.

are you still with them or not??

i wouldnt want my host spending all their time on a forum board when my stuff is down. i want them to be fixing it. it isnt really that hard to figure out.

if you arent happy, there are a million other hosts out there.

are you still with them or not??
    I have understood the "quit whining and move on" advice. Yes I have moved on but I still have their service since the payment cycle is not yet over. A cancellation request was sent yesterday to which no response has been received. So to be straight with your question: yes, I am still a customer (with first hand experience) but not totally reliant anymore on their services.

Yes there are a million other hosts out there, but if we were to all move along and shut up about our experiences, then of what use is WHT? I give credit when it's due (check other posts) but the converse holds true. That said, I am not going to respond further to unhelpful comments like "move on". I prefer to keep this thread relevant. Thank you.

so you are unhappy and you have downtime but since you are still on a payment cycle youre staying???

errrr....

my business and clients come first. if i was having a SERIOUS issue with a host id be gone. id lose a lot more money in the long run if i didnt live up to my fiduciary responsibilities to my clients and to my own sites.

let me ask you this in all seriousness...

what exactly is it that you want?

so you are unhappy and you have downtime but since you are still on a payment cycle youre staying???
    Final response to you: please read my replies accurately before responding. I have found a new host and am in the process of transferring files. And if services have been paid for in advance, why should an account be cancelled prematurely? Cheers and thanks for your concern.

PS. what exactly is it that I want? That WHT and its members all profit from my (our) experience(s) with FWH.

ok, did you ask them for a refund and they refused?

my biggest problem here is that is sounds like you are making a lot of assumptions.

yes your account SHOULD be moved if you are not happy with it. refund or prepayment or not. im not sure why that isnt very clear?

and yes i am concerned because i dont even see that anything major has happened here just from this thread but if it has then as a business person you need to acknowledge that and move on.

no one said you cant whine about it but YOUR responsibility should be to mitigate your damages first, whine later (or whatever you called it)

and yes i am concerned because i dont even see that anything major has happened here just from this thread
    So, go ahead and do a simple search. Your concerns would be elevated, but perhaps in a different direction. Period.

ok, you say you are unhappy but you are still there.

you say you arent getting a refund, but did you ask for one?

you havent really said what it is you want them to do.

im posting here because this is where you posted. this is the relevent thread for what im saying based on what is going on in this thread.

im guessing if you currently have downtime, it should be in the downtime thread?

ok, you say you are unhappy but you are still there.
    you say you arent getting a refund, but did you ask for one?
    you havent really said what it is you want them to do.
    im posting here because this is where you posted. this is the relevent thread for what im saying based on what is going on in this thread.
    im guessing if you currently have downtime, it should be in the downtime thread?
    At the peril of wasting more of my time responding to your comments:

(1) I am still there only because it takes time to transfer my files and my clients' files, which is still ongoing

(2) I did mention what I wanted, if you cared to read. What I want is for WHT members to know of my/our factual experiences with FWH. I did not get a refund simply because I did not ask for it, and simply because that's not what I want, nor need, nor demand. If you still don't get this, read the second line of (2). Nothing is expected anymore of FWH.

(3) There is no downtime at present, and posting this discussion at the outage forum would be irrelevant, more so with my meaningless protracted discussion with you

(4) Come on out of the well. If you have based all that you have said on this single thread and yet do not feel embarrassed to admit that, I however do feel embarrassed for having taken part in this empty conversation with you. Be responsible and first understand facts, stats and historical events.

Moderators: no need to close the thread, I am refraining from all further meaningless discussion with this individual.

well you obviously posted here for a reason!

i understand the facts exactly as you presented them, particularly regarding the refund. you said you shouldNT have to move because you arent getting a refund but you say you didnt even ask for one. that really makes the other company look bad.

believe me, ive been jerked around severely by some scandalous hosts and it sucks. but in your case, the company is still around, you are able to retreive your files and leave and MAY have been able to get a refund as well.

end of my discussion as well.

For one of the few times in my time on this board I shockingly agree with Lauren.

hey! whats that supposed to mean! im always right

i just found this thread from drmaximus

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...ghlight=frozen

considering this was almost a month ago, i can not feel sorry for him in any way shape or form.

Yep I'm gonna agree with ino on this one. Brad from FWH has been working hard to find a solution and I think you should give him a break. He's still around and not leaving you completely screwed. That should count for something or has this industry gone so far into a blackhole that it has become evil?
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

i just found this thread from drmaximus

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...ghlight=frozen

considering this was almost a month ago, i can not feel sorry for him in any way shape or form.
    Thanks Lauren for putting the link up. In my OP, despite my great wish to do so, I stopped myself from including that link because it was against forum rules to cross-link. Now WHT members can see the continuity in these threads, which is exactly what is vital.

Well, the general consensus seems to be: if the host is bad, pack up and leave right away, don't whine, just ask for your refund and shut up. I am afraid I will have to respectfully disagree because I am more generous than that.

If a host does badly especially within my first month of hosting with it, I would definitely accord it my vote of confidence. But if nothing improves within a few weeks, yes then I will come back and share my experience. That is being fair. Judging by leaving within a first week is being irresponsible. And not sharing one's experience on a service like WHT is being even more irresponsible.

And for the record, you put words in my mouth. I did not say that I should not move because I won't be getting a refund. That was a clever trick you pulled there to garner support. Because what I had meant was since the service had been prepaid, there is no reason for me to prematurely terminate it as time is anyway needed to move the data across to a new host. You have been continually toying with the idea of a refund which never surfaced in my side of the conversation because I never expected nor demanded for one.

You can proceed and do whatever you please. But as for me, I will always maintain my right to post factful first hand experiences, and to be generous by allowing hosts at least a month to correct misgivings and to prove themselves worthy.

By simply passing a sweeping statement that you did, you are laughing in the face of several of us (as detailed in the other thread which you cross-linked, thanks) who decided to stay confident in FWH in the hope that they would improve. Enjoy the laughter, I for one am big hearted enough to accept your smaller heart.

PS. neither will I accept a standard level of service whereby good service = my host failed me but still left my files online long enough for me to transfer servers. He's really a good host for doing that.

Originally posted by pixel_fenix
    Yep I'm gonna agree with ino on this one. Brad from FWH has been working hard to find a solution and I think you should give him a break. He's still around and not leaving you completely screwed. That should count for something or has this industry gone so far into a blackhole that it has become evil?
    Pixel: I gave Brad a big break over the past weeks by according him an extended vote of confidence. Evidently, Lauren seems to suggest I should not even have done that, and that I should have packed up and left long ago. Well, you guys decide. I am out.

I really don't see anything wrong with most of what drmaximus is saying. Some of his post was saying how FWH maybe trying to improve their services. Posting reviews and updates to your problems with hosts helps other peopel be informed of how different hosts operates, and maybe more importantly, helps the host realize they need to do something about it. I was with Frozen Hosting for less than a month. I never had any problems, I cancelled because I wanted to go with Plesk instead of Cpanel. FWH may be having some problems but i'm sure they are working their best to fix those.

<irrelevant>
    Last edited by MattF; 05-08-2004 at 02:12 PM.

Originally posted by drmaximus
    Pixel: I gave Brad a big break over the past weeks by according him an extended vote of confidence. Evidently, Lauren seems to suggest I should not even have done that, and that I should have packed up and left long ago. Well, you guys decide. I am out.
    *yawns*

what i am "suggesting" is that your complaint isnt adding up and is inconsistent.

i have faith in my fellow hosting people that they can read word for word what you have said. and how you have changed it and then claim that i am putting words in your mouth.

as far as the other "victims" in the other thread, i see that most of them have moved on. your staying and then spending so much time on it here indicates to us that maybe you just like a little attention or something.

*yawns*

what i am "suggesting" is that your complaint isnt adding up and is inconsistent.

i have faith in my fellow hosting people that they can read word for word what you have said. and how you have changed it and then claim that i am putting words in your mouth.

as far as the other "victims" in the other thread, i see that most of them have moved on. your staying and then spending so much time on it here indicates to us that maybe you just like a little attention or something.
    Enough said. This is completely laughable. Well we'll just leave it up to guys to make up their minds after reading properly everything I said, and what you said.

And as for me loving attention? Anybody keen on seeking the truth just has to do a simple search. It would be evident that every one of my posts on WHT has been factual, responsible, helpful and fair. And in fact, guess what? You joined the forum two months later than I, but already have 1100+ more posts than I. Maybe you would like to rethink your allegation. Thanks for the interesting conversation. I am leaving it here instead of egging a moderator to close this thread. You may have the last word as you so greatly relish it. Have a nice evening all.

ok, this is the 10th time you are leaving, are you done yet or??

im just wondering because this is yet another thing you are inconsistent on.

and while you are here not posting again, can you tell us about this copyright issue you were having?

and what is this thing about "seeing the truth"? what is the truth??

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...11#post2080811

that is a month old thread, many wise people urged you to move, but rather than do what is best for your business, you continued on and on about how bad they are. you are going to write to others about them, you are going to do this and that, etc...

dont you understand, some hosts are just lousy!

Lauren: reading this thread it seems clear to me that while you may have read all of what draximus has said, you have not understood much of it. Why cancell if you have prepaid? He is not interested in a refund and has not asked for one, period. He has moved on to another host. He is letting us know about his experience. What is the problem?

Originally posted by drmaximus
    Enough said. This is completely laughable. Well we'll just leave it up to guys to make up their minds after reading properly everything I said, and what you said.

And as for me loving attention? Anybody keen on seeking the truth just has to do a simple search. It would be evident that every one of my posts on WHT has been factual, responsible, helpful and fair. And in fact, guess what? You joined the forum two months later than I, but already have 1100+ more posts than I. Maybe you would like to rethink your allegation. Thanks for the interesting conversation. I am leaving it here instead of egging a moderator to close this thread. You may have the last word as you so greatly relish it. Have a nice evening all.

drmaximus: Pack it up and move on. Time is a wasting. You spent enough time complaining about frozenhosting> That time could have been used for finding a new host, switching DNS, and loading up your files. You should have been gone from your old host by now. I hope people learn, always have a secondary host in mind when you have a primary host because you never know.
    intellec
    ....you get what you pay for and you pay for what you get....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast