Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

IntegrityHost: Cheap with good server uptime?

I have done a search and read all the results, which suggest that Integrity Host is pretty bad. However, somebody showed me stats which prove that their uptime is close to flawless. So, what's the catch? Would appreciate all advise, thanks.

http://www.serverstatus.biz/is
    (Integrity3)

They have a few servers with 100% uptime and that's great but the average is about 99.6% across all and that is not bad either.
    Laurence Flynn @ HostNEXUS.com
    Managed WordPress Hosting Solutions
    Focused on speed. Obsessed with security.

Originally posted by NexDog
    They have a few servers with 100% uptime and that's great but the average is about 99.6% across all and that is not bad either.
    Thank you, that's nice to hear for a change.

However, uptime is not everything in a host... It is very-very important nonetheless...

I just went to their online support and agent #5 was impeccable! She (I somehow had the impression #5 was a she!) was extremely helpful and enthusiastic! Let's see how long this is kept up with!

Now can you believe this? Tom (agent #5 --- he's a he!) just emailed me apologising and correcting some wrong info (wrong thread he linked me to) that he had provided me during our chat. How often fo you get support like that? PLEASE, big boss, let this dream be true.

they have several ebay auctions for unlimited accounts, $19.99 a month. Check it out; I called them even. Fulltime!!! How do they survive? Anyhow, I dont know much else but they seem to know what they are doing. Support is good with them.

Support is unparalleled (as far as my personal experiences are concerned). As I type these words, they are moving all my data from my old server to their server. But I do not wish to jump the gun, so will wait out for a couple of weeks before confirming the reality of this dream!

OK drmaximus. That's the right attitude. Let us know what you feel about them in a month or so (or even longer than that). Good luck!

Their stats are not that flawless indeed. Look at their page:
    The percentages below may or may not reflect accurate network statistics. They are based on the last 1243 Servers Alive cycles (each cycle is approximately 3 minutes).
    1,243 x 3 mins equal to roughly 62 hours, or 2.5 days. IMHO reliable hosts should have at least 2-3 months stat for reference, two-day uptime is not very meaningful.

i am hosted with tomsyer which is apparently hand in hand with integerity. they have about 97% uptime (they guarantee 99 though) site seems to go down atleast 4 times a week (somtimes for a 15 minutes - somtimes longer) support takes an avg of 2-20 hours to reply.

Actually, at my company, the last time we experienced downtime was for a minor hard disk installation and migration a few months back. It took about 10 minutes. Prior to that, there was only a small interruption somewheres in 1998.

Why would a provider experience downtime on such a frequent basis?
    DreamLogic Cult Film and Music Reviews
    STOPware - Visitor Management solutoins

Just a little update on the customer service aspect of Integrity Host. For the past week they have been trying to transfer my files (about 800mb) from my old host to their server. Frozen Hosting has continually timed out on them and they have been unsuccessful so far. However, it is amazing that they update me with the situation at least once every 16-24 hrs, usually at least twice in 1.5 days. I think Integrity Host outsources the customer service, and the support is online pretty much 24hrs and served by very efficient and friendly support.

Finally I decided to upload my backup file onto the new server and they just emailed me notifying that restoration is in progress. I cannot say for sure that their uptime is good or not since my sites are not yet effectively online, but their support is sure top notch. I have never had such speedy and reliable support before.

Will update again later, thanks.

i'm thinking of getting them i'm just email aboout 25ppl which got that $20 planwith this "Hey can u tell me how good they are now i.e there uptime, there support, there server load, there real server specs which u can view under whm > server infomation and any thing else note worthy."

ok so far i got about 5 emails back all say they have pritty good uptime and support is the best and t a good deal for the price

Originally posted by shimon
    i'm thinking of getting them i'm just email aboout 25ppl which got that $20 planwith this "Hey can u tell me how good they are now i.e there uptime, there support, there server load, there real server specs which u can view under whm > server infomation and any thing else note worthy."
    I certainly don't mind people researching the reliability of our company, but the only place you could have obtained the contact information for 25 of our customers who purchased a certain hosting plan is by harvesting it from eBay. Please do not do this, as it is against eBay policy.

A little update: my sites have all been down since as early as noon yesterday 2 August 2004. Online help instructed me to open a support ticket but the ticket replies were totally thoughtless and redundant. Sites have been hosted on Integrity for months with no recent changes in DNS, but one of the support replies told me that my DNS was wrongly pointed and the other one told me to "please have patience" because my domains have yet to propagate (obviously just in response to the first agent's comments). Duh?

Anyway, I went online again and support #2 said that he has personallly forwarded my problem to the "advanced team". We'll see what they come up with.

Anybody else on 67.18.1.130 having problems also with logging into Cpanel and WHM? I think I am on server 11 and 12.

Edited to add: To be fair, for the record, I personally did not experience downtime in the past 2 months although one of my small resellers bailed out saying that the service is very erratic.
    Last edited by drmaximus; 08-03-2004 at 02:44 PM.

Hopefully your problem will be resolved asap, also check http://www.serverstatus.biz/is/ for your server.

Also seems like the owner is selling Integrity host in an auction on Ebay:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3831595873
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Originally posted by Hoobastank68
    Hopefully your problem will be resolved asap, also check http://www.serverstatus.biz/is/ for your server.

Also seems like Integrity host is being sold & auctioned on Ebay:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3831595873
    Thanks, I was also getting worried over the sale of the business. You seem to always be around... maybe I should have gone with Cirtex from the start, 2 years ago, when you guys just kicked off. Now I must try to recall why I did not take that decision... I think it had something to do with the limitation on add-on domains. Will check out your site, thanks again.

Originally posted by milkcandy7
    Their stats are not that flawless indeed. Look at their page:

1,243 x 3 mins equal to roughly 62 hours, or 2.5 days. IMHO reliable hosts should have at least 2-3 months stat for reference, two-day uptime is not very meaningful.
    You nailed it right there. Those stats are only for the past few days. A server with an uptime of 98% in 2.5 days has been down for over an hour and 10 minutes already. Is that acceptable?

As I look right now:
    Integrity003
    Apache RUNNING 99.281% Uptime
    DNS DOWN 98.921% Uptime
    Email RUNNING 99.64% Uptime
    Also check out this recent post where they are talking about 70% uptime for one of their servers.

When you see unlimited bandwidth offers, it's a good idea to stay far away. In fact, hosting offers made here at WHT that include unlimited disc space or bandwidth are prohibited.

Just wanted to let everyone know, I have a site with integrity host (the 2 gig plan), and I havnt experienced any problems with it. I've had it for about a month or two. I contacted support once, and they responded within 24 hours. Theres no downtime that ive noticed, but I dont use my site more than a few times a week. For me I just wanted a cheap host that gave me a lot of bandwidth and data so I could mess around with things, but its just a personal site so I didnt need anything extremly reliable or with great service. For anyone looking for something similar, I'ld highly reccomend integrity host.

Well, I got some more information on this. Apparently server6 was hacked and in a general email, we were informed that our data was "successfully preserved".

This message is intended for all accounts on server6. This server was compromised by a person or group who had malicious intent to harm the server. The attacker was not interested in damaging the websites on the server, but only in setting up the server to be used as a weapon of internet warfare to launch DDOS attacks directed at others. Consequently we were able to lock down the server before it was used for harm, and we were able to successfully preserve your data. While we take all normal precautions to prevent such an attack, it impossible to eliminate all risk. Additionally, over the past week we have spent thousands of dollars upgrading our security measures. However, once a server has been compromised, the potential for future exploits is inevitable, so we have moved server6 to a new server. Some of you will be happy to know that this move will also fix the issues with RAID1 that we had on the old server6, as we have set up the new server6 with a standard backup drive instead. Here is the information for the NEW server6...

But I checked and found all my data gone, and technical support just responded with this: "We are sorry as server 6 has been killed there is no way the accounts can retreived. We are extremly sorry. You need to recreate the accounts from your local backup. Also please send a mail to sales with a email address so you can receive future notifications. Thank you."

Personally, I find that completely unacceptable. The email sent out to affected clients falsely claimed that our data was safe.

Hahahah..good uptime that is a joke. My host is Integrityhost and the server I am on is down right now..again. This has become a very common accurance. They do not have very good stable uptime at all.

Integrity028
    Apache DOWN 98.267% Uptime
    DNS RUNNING 95.472% Uptime
    Email RUNNING 99.385% Uptime

So your problems still continue to this day cyborg-cc... (I remember you older reports.)

So your problems still continue to this day cyborg-cc... (I remember you older reports.)
    Yes still having problems. The only reason I havnt moved yet is b/c I paid for this month already so I am going to use it. Going to move the end of this month. I am trying to save up for a dedicated server now.

This is very true I never did know this. There uptimes are for only 2.5 days. They should have 100% uptime if it only looks at the past 2.5 days. That is pretty bad they can't keep the servers up 100% for 3 days. Is this just me or what? The best my server has ever down was 98%.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast