* Adwords reporting traffic I never got !!

My Adwords account says it sent me 20000 visitors. About 17000 of these visitors are coming from 3 keywords I am using:

hosting
    hosting sql server
    hospedagem web

Now I've set up a tracker to track traffic from each keyword individually. My tracker reports all 300 clicks from the other keywords but it does not report any clicks from hosting sql server and hospedagem web. The strange thing is these keywords show a 70% (!) clickthrough rate in Adwords while other similar keywords have a 0.5% clickthrough rate. Also the word hosting brings only very few traffic although according to google it would be like 5000 visitors from hosting alone.

My tracker does count every access, not unique.

Here is my tracker's source code:
    Code:
    #!/usr/bin/perl
    $thisurl=$ENV{'HTTP_HOST'};
    @thisurl2 = split(/\./,$thisurl);
    open (DATA, ">>accesses.txt");
    print DATA $thisurl2[0];
    print DATA "\n";
    close(DATA);
    This code is part of my index.pl file. It tracks the thing before my domain, like www.yourdomain.com it would track www. My google traffic goes to keyword.yourdomain.com so the tracker tracks "keyword".

Now the thing is my tracker recognizes all accesses from the other keywords but from the keywords above it does not recognize any clicks. I did use 3 trackers in total and all of them say I did not get any traffic from these keywords. I think someone is running a bot on Google to ruin the competitors. I've lost at least 1500 to Google this way and I really hope they will clear things up and refund me. Otherwise I will have to look for another way to get traffic.

, that sounds bad, I have noticed that my AdSense account has clicks but nothing being paid, i have no idea what's going on their, i had 27 clicks the other day but never got a cent, yet yesterday i got $0.03
    John Heslop

70% clickthrough on a broad term like "hosting" definately means something is not right.

You should contact google about this immediately
    Solid-Hosting.net - affordable multiple domain hosting solutions
    Reliability and Customer Service are our focus!

>70% clickthrough on a broad term like "hosting" definately
    >means something is not right.

Yes, especially if your tracker does not count any visitors from these keywords.

Have you contacted google about this?
    They are the only ones that can help you for this matter

Google has answered me telling me that they do monitor the system on Bots and my trackers must be wrong and their terms say that the customer accepts the Google tracking.

Well if Google doesn't care about bots I think I should set up a few bots, too If everyone makes each other lose money at least all are losing money.

what did they say about the 70% clickthrough rate?

They didn't refer to the 70% rate. They just told me if their system says I got a certain number of clicks then it means I got this number of clicks. I think they would even say this if the clickthrough rate was 110%

I think they would even say this if the clickthrough rate was 110%
    I believe they would tell you "You're doing great! That's a wonderful clickthrough rate! Keep it up!"

Re: Adwords reporting traffic I never got !!

Originally posted by taketo
    My Adwords account says it sent me 20000 visitors.

are you saying you didnt have 20000 visitors total in that time period?

Now the thing is my tracker recognizes all accesses from the other keywords but from the keywords above it does not recognize any clicks. I did use 3 trackers in total and all of them say I did not get any traffic from these keywords.

imo youre using a really complicated system! are you using tracking urls?? such as www.yoursite.com?google or maybe www.yoursite.com/google.html or something??

yes of course you want to do more thourough tracking but if they say you are getting 20000 and you arent and then you can have some solid stats to say hey my site didnt get 20000 then what can they do?

if this isnt working out, dont advertise there anymore! i would never use them for advertising! also, your ad is being displayed thruout adsense and it is very possible that someone is just clicking on their ads so they can get paid.

for the kind of money you are spending, you should have an affiliate program and wont have this mess
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!

>are you saying you didnt have 20000 visitors total in that time
    >period?

I had something like 5000 from Google...

>imo youre using a really complicated system! are you using
    >tracking urls?? such as www.yoursite.com?google or maybe
    >www.yoursite.com/google.html or something??

Im using "http://keyword.yourdomain.com" so the tracker tells me which keywords bring me visitors.

>yes of course you want to do more thourough tracking but if
    >they say you are getting 20000 and you arent and then you can
    >have some solid stats to say hey my site didnt get 20000 then
    >what can they do?

Their terms say that the user has to accept what their stats say. If their stats say you got 20.000 visitors then you got 20.000 visitors. If their stats say you got to send them 3000 bucks then you got to send them 3000 bucks. If their stats say the earth is flat than the earth is flat.

>if this isnt working out, dont advertise there anymore! i would
    >never use them for advertising! also, your ad is being displayed
    >thruout adsense and it is very possible that someone is just
    >clicking on their ads so they can get paid.

Adsense is not the problem. The problem is their keywords on the search engine show 70% clickthorughs that I definitely don't get.

>for the kind of money you are spending, you should have an
    >affiliate program and wont have this mess

I have an affiliate program but it doesn't work. I am not getting affiliates even if I give them like 80% of the money I earn.

Originally posted by taketo
    >are you saying you didnt have 20000 visitors total in that time
    >period?

I had something like 5000 from Google...

ok what im saying is this, lets say they said they sent you 20000 in may. you go to something simple like awstats and it says your site only had a total of 10000 unique visitors. you obviously can determine that google is full of it and stop using them.

>imo youre using a really complicated system! are you using
    >tracking urls?? such as www.yoursite.com?google or maybe
    >www.yoursite.com/google.html or something??

Im using "http://keyword.yourdomain.com" so the tracker tells me which keywords bring me visitors.

ok, but aside form this tracker thing you made, what do your web stats show?

>yes of course you want to do more thourough tracking but if
    >they say you are getting 20000 and you arent and then you can
    >have some solid stats to say hey my site didnt get 20000 then
    >what can they do?

Their terms say that the user has to accept what their stats say. If their stats say you got 20.000 visitors then you got 20.000 visitors. If their stats say you got to send them 3000 bucks then you got to send them 3000 bucks. If their stats say the earth is flat than the earth is flat.

then that is their terms and if you determine that they are wrong and cant do anything, then you need to leave. also you may want to consider justifying the total cost of doing business with google VS the total increase in new business no matter where it comes from. in other words, if you are spending 3K a month with google and you are getting more than that in new business (no matter where you can detrmine it is coming from) then is it worth it to you?

>if this isnt working out, dont advertise there anymore! i would
    >never use them for advertising! also, your ad is being displayed
    >thruout adsense and it is very possible that someone is just
    >clicking on their ads so they can get paid.

Adsense is not the problem. The problem is their keywords on the search engine show 70% clickthorughs that I definitely don't get.

i cant speak for that, i dont know about that

>for the kind of money you are spending, you should have an
    >affiliate program and wont have this mess

I have an affiliate program but it doesn't work. I am not getting affiliates even if I give them like 80% of the money I earn.

then there must be something wrong with either your program and terms, your sites design and conversion or perhaps the affiliate network you are using. some of them suck and some of them have a bad reputation. can you tell me more about your program? id be glad to hear about it and do some trouble shooting

edited to add: just because you have a website and advertising and visitors doesnt mean that people like your prices, or design, or credibility or what you have to offer. maybe your sites navigation is bad?? i dont know but ive dealt with this a lot and many times it is something as simple as having a site that sells!

what is the actual affiliate payout? If it is too complicated I, as a publisher, would be turned off.

Have you tried to use cj.com as an advertiser? some hosts pay like $50-70 per signup
    AfterHim.com
    The Ultimate Website for Christian Men!

cj.com as a advertiser is very costly they are only interested in people paying several 1,000's a month... so i've been told.
    John Heslop

yes cj is extremely expensive but very effective

im still thinking the guy has a site problem with conversions because if his program isnt working and google isnt working, it has to be something. more often than not it is the site design or offer.

I understand Goode adwords did an upgrde for changing there system etc .

Now there we thousands of complaints being sent to adwords because people are paying for hits they didn't even get.

I would suggest not using google adwords only if you have the $$$$
    DigitalGoods.info
    FREE Shared, Mega Resellers + Dedicated Servers