The best offerings I have found

I知 looking to find out more on 1and1 and aplus.net. I知 brand new here and I am not sure what to believe. I知 debating between the two they both have much better offering then anyone else I have seen

Aplus.Net

For 9.95 - 1100 MB , 45 GB transfer , 400 emails

1 and 1

For 9.99 - 1000 MB , 15 GB transfer , 150 emails

Both sound like an awesome deal, but I致e read some bad reviews about Aplus . However, I did read that their sites don稚 go down, which is really all I care about . Is it too good to be true? Any experience with either one? I heard 1 and 1 data center is in Germany , won't that make my site slow when accessign it from US.

1and1 lacks good reputation...

Have you seen midphase.com?
    New site: www.talkutas.com

I doubt it'd make it "slow" to access from the US. But I'd do some more research on the companies. Just because they seem like a good deal, doesn't mean it is. Usually means they lack in another department i.e. Tech Support? Uptime? Just thought I'd share my opinion

Just do a search on Aplus.net here on WHT. They have some shady business practices.

1and1.com's servers are located in New York, that does not apply to 1and1.co.uk.

Don't look at what you can get for your money. I mean, those 2 deals are so far apart it's almost funny. Why get a plan that says 45gb when you know you only need 5 or 10?
    Laurence Flynn @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

1&1? GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!
    Aplus.net? GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

1&1 has had several complaints, and Aplus.net is just an evil company. Expect Aplus.net to play with your pagerank, and expect 1&1 to have confusing control panels and slow tech support.
    If the bigger hosts are fancy French restaurants, consider my service the friendly small-town diner.
    HostMidwest.com- you deserve honest, helpful, and reliable service!

Personally I would not sign-up with any of those two companies for the same reasons that HostMidwest pointed out.

Keep on searching, there are lots of hosts out there that are doing a great job without being "big hosts" or using shady business practices.

Good luck!

I would contact the companies directly and ask them some questions. See how (or even if) they respond. Amount of space and bandwidth is one thing, but customer service and support are also very important. If its bad, it will end up costing you way more.

May I suggest http://www.jaguarpc.com

For 9.95 (month to month, paid annualy $7.95/month) - 1000 MB , 45 GB transfer , unlimited emails

I have been with them about a month and happy with them, seem to have a decent reputation on this forum too.

45 GB Transfer for $9.95

With very few exceptions - if you choose a host thats offering this, eventually you will have problems...

my $0.02

Not only in bandwidth the deal is...I think you've better to make more research

Originally posted by NexDog
    Why get a plan that says 45gb when you know you only need 5 or 10?
    my toughts exacly

Expecially when most people dont even user 1GB

there is no point in purchasing hosting with an unnecessary amount of bandwith and space. keep it low and to what you will need...this balances out support, uptime, etc. etc. its alot easier to find a reliable host doing that.

> With very few exceptions - if you choose a host thats offering this,
    > eventually you will have problems...

Normally, I'd agree. But Jaguar have been absolutely fantastic, and they keep unnessecarily increasing their packages. I would be happy with much less. Their service is great.

Originally posted by Gargoyle
    45 GB Transfer for $9.95

With very few exceptions - if you choose a host thats offering this, eventually you will have problems...

my $0.02

Not always true there bud as we offer some good plans and do not have any problems. There are a number of hosting companies who offer plans like this that give excellent service. The world of hosting has changed and you can get some good deals out there as long as you do your research and make sure you call them and ask a ton of questions.

why not go with a less "corporate" hosting company, like one of the many here on WHT? i'm sure there are tons that would be willing to dicker with you to get what you need at a price you're willing to pay.
    Vagrant Web Hosting - U.S. / CANADA
    Website Hosting - Website Development - Content Management
    NEW: Windows Hosting w/ ASP.NET

Do a search on any web hosting directory and you will see the battle rages on which host can provide more features and resources than others for low prices. To remain competative we recently increased our plan size from 500Mb to 750, Data Transfer from 20Gb to 40Gb and Email accounts from 50 to 250. Most will raise limits in order to remain competative but surely there is an end in sight. I read here on another post a small company offering 750Mb, 25Gb Transfer for a riduculous $5/year! Obviously, they will not remain in business very long.

For clarification, One & One is actually a large domain registrar based in Germany and they have targeted the US hosting market this year to gain market share against their competition (think WildWestDomains). They have set up data centers here in the US and are advertising heavily. However, webhosting.info shows that they are not yet making the big gains in transfers from other hosts that they were seeking.

Best Wishes for a Net Success!
    Darrell Williams, CEO
    WebWeavers Internet Services

The thread starter was asking for hosting a month and a half ago so I would go out on a limb here and say he's probably found one by now...

Originally posted by Gargoyle
    45 GB Transfer for $9.95

my $0.02
    I would agree 100%, any host charging 22 cents a gig for transfer is very likely overselling to make any money. It's not all that hard to check the Datacenter a host is located in and see how much bandwidth costs from that Datacenter. Then ask yourself how a host could charge you less for your bandwidth than what they are paying for theirs...

aplus, run away from them ..

1&1.. so.. so..

check out better hostings like
    lunarpages
    surpasshosting
    hostrocket

those are the ones i can think of now