Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fdc == Horrible!!

This 12+ hour downtime standoff just proves how horrible FDC Servers really is.

And less than a week ago, they had capped their customers to 2Mbps.

Also, they wont offer $1 of compensation due to downtime. In fact, their TOS says they dont guarantee any uptime.

Anyone who says otherwise is literally a fool (yes im looking at you "music")

This is a company which should avoided by a 1000 foot pole at all costs. IMO they are the worst dedicated server company that i have seen.

Linking to their TOS doesn't help much with their downtime . Do you know what's causing this issue? I know they had a fiber issue a few weeks back. When I was on their reseller server a while back (before they sold it to AcuNett), it was an extremely rocky ride, server and network wise.

-Josh

Re: Fdc == Horrible!!

Originally posted by GetYourHitS
    This 12+ hour downtime standoff just proves how horrible FDC Servers really is.

And less than a week ago, they had capped their customers to 2Mbps.

Also, they wont offer $1 of compensation due to downtime. In fact, their TOS says they dont guarantee any uptime.

Anyone who says otherwise is literally a fool (yes im looking at you "music")

This is a company which should avoided by a 1000 foot pole at all costs. IMO they are the worst dedicated server company that i have seen.
    It is horrible and unprofessional dedicated server company that i ever seen with more than 12 hours downtime because of some little power surge

with as many people post day in and day out you think people woould learn.

I stick to what I always say if its something non critical at all for play ie. irc that can accept alot of downtime, maybe a high bw using shoutcast server then they MIGHT be ok

if not most people could easily goto a place that gives u 1000gigs a month an not exceed their limit. Or even consider one of the other unmetered places like hostmania

One of these days you guys will figure it out:/

I think its a router issue this time.
    Ben S.

Little power surge? Dude it did more damage then just the router.

Yes it is for play. download server etc. but down is still down. i have a lot less than a gain.

I hope they don't burn down the whole dc by now.

I'm a FDC client as well, yet you don't see as many complaints from me.

I just posted an announcement on my site's forums about the downtime, my users should understand. So far, nobody bitched at me yet
    Dating Revolution Method - Book on how to meet and attract women

Now think about it like this...What if your main site was hosted at FDC?
    And most of your clients were on it..

I dont think you would be a happy camper. Dont act like it was nothing.

Anyone know why they were/are down for this length of time?

They seems to be DDoS a lot. It might be because they are allowing IRC servers off their network or they are overselling by quite a bit.
    http://www.batchimage.com - Offering Batch Image Processing and TIFF/PDF Software Solutions

When you buy from FDC you should know what you're getting into. Everyone knows it's not the most reliable, but the value is amazing. They give you at least 8mbit/sec per server for only $150 a month. That price is amazing, and as the saying goes, you get what you pay for. Normally the service is worth much more than what you pay, sometimes it's worse, it all evens out.
    Karl Zimmerman - Founder & CEO of Steadfast
    VMware Virtual Data Center Platform

karl @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation

managed could give you 8mbit (if you total up) at about that price, and still they are way better. at least not as horrible as fdc in the past weeks.

Originally posted by Nessun
    with as many people post day in and day out you think people woould learn.

I stick to what I always say if its something non critical at all for play ie. irc that can accept alot of downtime, maybe a high bw using shoutcast server then they MIGHT be ok

if not most people could easily goto a place that gives u 1000gigs a month an not exceed their limit. Or even consider one of the other unmetered places like hostmania

One of these days you guys will figure it out:/
    I know for a fact that you would not find 12 hours of downtime acceptable, even for IRC

It's tough to be mad at FDC when they clearly state they don't guarentee uptime at all.. It pays to read the fine print my friend before plunking down your hard earned money...

Live and learn.. Live and learn.

True. FDC has gotten a roller coaster reputation and well, you can't blame them for what you get especially since there are many threads about them here which spans back for several years already. I am sure that those who signed up would know what they are getting into since it is just an issue of searching here for past experiences.
    http://www.batchimage.com - Offering Batch Image Processing and TIFF/PDF Software Solutions

I find downtime more acceptable for web then irc, if something goes down for 20 mins, then the webpage is inaccessible for 20 mins but thats all, on IRC all users are booted and then they have to recconect, IRC is very sensitive to downtime if you have more then 3 mins its usually noticed.

Originally posted by GetYourHitS
    Now think about it like this...What if your main site was hosted at FDC?
    And most of your clients were on it..

I dont think you would be a happy camper. Dont act like it was nothing.
    Then move, if you don't like FDC...

I for one, appreciate FDC.
    Dating Revolution Method - Book on how to meet and attract women

fdc is cheap. what else do u expect. i went ahead and got another dedicated server at another company. i still play to use my fdc server for other things (ie: image hosting, streams, ftp, etc..)

After you have read the TOS, and you choose to get from them.

You have already expected it.

Originally posted by sghost
    After you have read the TOS, and you choose to get from them.

You have already expected it.
    But you must know, not everyone reads the TOS.

Originally posted by X-Gaming
    It's tough to be mad at FDC when they clearly state they don't guarentee uptime at all..
    Most hosts don't gurantee uptimes. eg, ev1servers or servermatrix have no SLA.
    Ben S.

Originally posted by TheTrance
    Most hosts don't gurantee uptimes. eg, ev1servers or servermatrix have no SLA.

SM has a 99.9% uptime SLA. There was a downtime before and some people got a small discount for that month.

Originally posted by outkast
    SM has a 99.9% uptime SLA. There was a downtime before and some people got a small discount for that month.
    Now a days you see claims by forum people that ev1 was the first to launch RHE and that SM does have the same services as Ev1....

I wonder why is that...?????

Originally posted by BudWay
    Now a days you see claims by forum people that ev1 was the first to launch RHE and that SM does have the same services as Ev1....

I wonder why is that...?????

What?!?!?! I don't understand your comment!
    Benoît Brookens III
    President - Dataracks, Inc.
    Dataracks.net | Ultra-Reliable Hosting.™

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast