(5gbhosintg VS. Centruion Hosting) Vs. IPOWERWEB

Greetings,

I use to be with 5gbhosting... Their service sucked, their servers use to go down approximately twice (never less, sometimes more) a week.

I then switched to centruion hosting, which is a little bit better, but once a while freezes for an hour or so...

I am thinking of going to ipowerweb for hosting (since its cheaper).

has anyone had any past experience with ipowerweb

i meant ipowerweb dedicated servers.

Peace,

i've never bought a ded from them. though i signed up for a domain name. i read afterwords that you would have to pay 20dollars at the end of the yr if you dont have webhosthing through them. the domain name is cheap but comes without any "controL" whatsoever. My domain just sits there, i can't evendirect it to another server without paying extra for webhosting. Clearly the suck! I'll move my domain to my norm registrar mydomains.com

i do not trust anyone with domain name registration except my one company mydiscountdomains.com..

i love their service... simple.... fast

Do a search for ipowerweb on these boards. That should *really* help you take a decision.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search.php?s=

Good luck!

I just talked with ipowerweb...

they said i would have to install the programs myself, e.g. php apache, ecommerce.

is it hard to do that?

i barely have much knowledge with linux.

i will have to do it with ssl

peace,

hey whats up? dont go with them. it's super hard if you are a newbie especially with installing and compling- yuck. You have AIM?

If you don't know how to manage a server hire someone who does. It will save you a lot of trouble. Also, be read *very* carefully what other people have said about any host that you're considering. There are all kinds of hosts out there and you usually get what you pay for.

Other than that good luck!

You seem to have been having bad experience with web hosts.
    I am thinking of going to ipowerweb for hosting (since its cheaper).
    To prevent this from happening, do NOT choose a host just because they have the cheapest prices. What you pay, is what you get.

uhm....stay away from ipowerweb or whatever it is. I have an accoutn with them. I made it last week. go to mydomains.com <--9bucks and it's loaded with free features. with ipower, you get a domain name and docking space but nothing else. If you want for example, to direct your domain name to 24.53.12.21, you would need to upgrade to a "webhosting" package for 8dollars more. Thats just gay! Oh yeah, pay 20bucks extra if you dont choose to webhost with them at the end of th year!

Originally posted by phancore
    uhm....stay away from ipowerweb or whatever it is. I have an accoutn with them. I made it last week. go to mydomains.com <--9bucks and it's loaded with free features. with ipower, you get a domain name and docking space but nothing else. If you want for example, to direct your domain name to 24.53.12.21, you would need to upgrade to a "webhosting" package for 8dollars more. Thats just gay! Oh yeah, pay 20bucks extra if you dont choose to webhost with them at the end of th year!
    That's why you read the Terms and Conditions before you sign up. They flat out tell you these things, and you tell them that is okay - you accept the charges. Most people do not read Host's AUP/TOS/SLA closely, and are shocked when such charges result.

I know, it's my fault. I thought you know that signing up a domain name would come with "extra control" of it whether it be directing or entering new mx records. I read 20bucks extra somewhere on the "faq". I'm sure not too many people(me included) read the terms completely. I skimmmmed over it. It sucks. I wish they would just tell you upfront somewhere you can "read it" like when they tell you all the features you'll be able to use

Originally posted by phancore
    I know, it's my fault. I thought you know that signing up a domain name would come with "extra control" of it whether it be directing or entering new mx records. I read 20bucks extra somewhere on the "faq". I'm sure not too many people(me included) read the terms completely. I skimmmmed over it. It sucks. I wish they would just tell you upfront somewhere you can "read it" like when they tell you all the features you'll be able to use
    They don't tell you "up front somewhere you can 'read it'" for a reason - to get extra cash from people who don't read the TOS.