Modern Bill [issues]

I have an owned license, and they want me to pay them MORE just to add a domain to the license.

I bought the license for a reason, so I wouldnt have to shell out more for their software, now they want me to pay a "SUPPORT REGISTRATION FEE" for some BS.

If they dont want to do it for free, they should allow the clients to do it...

Im not going to pay $30 when all im going to do is submit a ticket and say, please add this domain to the license.

They better do something about this.

Im probably going to switch to a more userfriendly billing panel as MB has always been crap to me and everyone i work with.
    Matthew Gunnin
    COO - Dataracks, Inc.
    Dataracks.net | Ultra-Reliable Hosting.

Wow, that what we call professionnalism!

Best of luck.
    Charles Beliveau | NymixWeb.com
    Proven success since 2001!

If there does become a switch Matt, go for WHMAP (WHMAutoPilot)

Adding a domain to the license? What do you mean?

Originally posted by UltimeWWW
    Wow, that what we call professionnalism!

Best of luck.

I get to moan once in a while as well.
    Matthew Gunnin
    COO - Dataracks, Inc.

Originally posted by Simpli-Erica
    Adding a domain to the license? What do you mean?

You can add domains to the license, to use it on a differant domain then the one first registered with.
    Matthew Gunnin
    COO - Dataracks, Inc.

It is an automated process on their site. You might try posting on their forums though. MB is a great product if you are going to offer more than just Cpanel.

I cant post on the forums because my "support" has expired, and they want me to pay to get it back to do something basic as that.
    Matthew Gunnin
    COO - Dataracks, Inc.

are you sure? i heard your can't change your domain, at least not for free, or i would have changed already.

somemore what do you mean add a domain? run MB on two domains?

Love modernbill definately the best billing software out there.

Well you can change the license domain (not add a domain just change the one your using), but I think the issue here is that he isn't able to without support, and his has expired.

I love modernbill, i hate modernsupport.
    "Television has brought back murder into the home -- where it belongs."
    ♣ Alfred Hitchcock ♣

I second I love modernbill, i hate modernsupport. .... HOWEVER

I hate modernauthorize.... eonlinedata has to be one of the worst merchant companies out there... to them everyone is a number. long calls, no answers... bad support, you name it,,,,, they wrong it
    Biznesshosting, Inc. DBA VOLICO - Intelligent Hosting Solutions
    East Coast Enterprise Dedicated Servers and Miami Colocation.
    managed and unmanaged dedicated servers. High bandwidth colocation. Managed clusters.

Originally posted by Matthew Gunnin
    I cant post on the forums because my "support" has expired, and they want me to pay to get it back to do something basic as that.
    This is rather absurd that you have to pay for support to visit the message boards. On top of that you are left out of security updates unless you pay the subscription fee. It is rather a hassle to sit needing help for days or weeks on a system you have to pay to access and only other users come to your rescue as a rule.

I have a second company startup to go and will purchase a different system this time. I will keep MB on primary site however (to much work setting it up and getting it to work to just trash it)

RandyO, please do not post misleading information if you don't know anything about. Security updates are always free for modernbill.
    As for paying for support and forum? Well, maybe it sucks, maybe it doesn't. Depends how you look at it. 39$ a year is not worth discussing I think. If the system is generating income (and we are all talking business here not some free hobby stuff), one should be able to afford paying for solving his problems.

As for adding domain to license? Well when you bought the system, you bought it for some domain. Being able to change it is already a lot. That you must pay for it? Well.. Do you like working for free?

I know exactly what I am talking about,

Subcribe to the security update thread and let your "Support" expire, you CAN NOT access the thread OR the downloads .

And support is NOT $39 a year. You Sir are wrong on both counts.

Get your facts straight B4 you come on here and tell me I dont know what I am talking about.

Oh ok.. I'm sorry.
    Note from ModernBill ordering page: "Note: Security updates will always be available at no charge. " <- I stand correct.

And yes, you are correct: support is $29.95 per 6 months. My mistake. It's a price of carton of cigarettes that I smoke in 10 days. Figure it out.

But I stand corrected, telling that some software sucks while not reading EULA (that states one domain per license) is just not fair.

Originally posted by piranha
    Oh ok.. I'm sorry.
    Note from ModernBill ordering page: "Note: Security updates will always be available at no charge. " <- I stand correct.

And yes, you are correct: support is $29.95 per 6 months. My mistake. It's a price of carton of cigarettes that I smoke in 10 days. Figure it out.

But I stand corrected, telling that some software sucks while not reading EULA (that states one domain per license) is just not fair.
    I dont care what the site says, you can NOT access security notices or updates after your support expires. Been there done that....
    Also I dont recall saying any software "Sucked". You were the only one here that used that word in context at all. So please refrain from putting words in my mouth... I use MB and am basically happy with it.

and finally, the complaint was that you had to be a "Paid subscriber" to make any modifications to your license. I know that is a fact also, I had to upgrade mine and they informed me that because I was not a paid subscriber to the support that I do not use, I could NOT upgrade my software.
    They did however bypass that fact and allow me to upgrade my user limit. ( Thank you MB )
    This highlights the problem of forcing paid membership to a support forum that for the most part is users helping users as sounding rather greedy. This on top of the fact that any other support above and beyond this is ALSO charged at I think $75? per phone incident? Ouch.....
    The software does a lot and has a lot of features, however I would say that setting it up yourself is hardly worth all the effort. It can take days and weeks to get working correctly. Spend the money and let someone else do it........

I never mentioned you saying that "modernbill sucks". I was talking about the person who started that thread.
    And well.. Paid support or not.. It's ModernGigabyte's policy like it or not. I think there is no point complaining about it. It's them setting up the policy and pricing plan. Either you accept it or not. Either it's worth or not. For me it is, since it's a big part of my business and I invest in things that bring me revenue.

Regarding "complaint was that you had to be a "Paid subscriber" to make any modifications to your license". Since it is related to support (work to be done by someone), I don't see why it should be free. You should be happy that they are not strict with it and allow changes of domains. I have some products that you are not able to change the original registration.
    Bottom line... I think ModernGigabytes pricing scheme is more than fair. In special cases they go above the line of duty and that just proves how flexible they are. They will not bend over for everyone and for any reason, but if you are reasonable person you will always find solution to your problems.

Maybe its time to swtich to www.clientexec.com

Well you are supose to plan ahead and have enough licenses that will last awhile and far as the support and update renew that is done so they can pay for there costs. They run a business just like us and if you can't understand that then your going to have problems with every business you deal with and your business won't last long that way. I agree with piranha 100% and if you won't to switch go for it but i done my research and no other bs is better for the reason they constantly keep it up2date. If i am correct they have more support options than anyother bs forums, help desk, e-mail, phone oh and for features than have a feature request script. So all i have to say to all the people that are negtive to a companies policy is if you do not like it go else where but don't post an anti post about them in less it is something they actually did wrong.