Server Matrix billing?

Based on what I've read on these forums I think I'm going to get a couple servers from Server Matrix and The Planet. I know that some people have complained about the service they have recieved from these places, but overall I get the feeling this company rates well and they have great feature lists at reasonable prices. I also appreciate the fact that they have representatives actively participating on this board.

ANYWAY - to the point. I have one concern. I have seen in a couple of cases where peoples credit cards have not gone through for whatever reason and then they were shut down by SM. Since CCs can not go through for a variety of reasons - like the expiration date on file with the host expires and needs to be updated - I would hope any data center would at least try to contact the client before pulling the plug.

So what's the deal? Does SM shut the server down if a billing problem arises - or do they work with the client to resolve the situation? I can't risk that my business - and clients businesses are going to fail due to a billing technicality.

Thanks in advance for your input

When I was with SM, they sent me a notice in the mail when our CC failed. They didn't take our server offline at all. It took us about a week or so to update the CC. They were very patient.
    Linux Problems Solved. | Built for the Hosting Industry
    Server Management. Node Management. Helpdesk Management.
    ( AcuNett, Est. 15 Years, RateLobby 5 Stars )

Originally posted by AcuNett
    When I was with SM, they sent me a notice in the mail when our CC failed. They didn't take our server offline at all. It took us about a week or so to update the CC. They were very patient.
    I have had a similar experience with this as well.

I think there is another issue to address and that is one persons responsibility for the server and making sure the bill gets paid. If you know it goes through the same time every month and you see it doesnt, you probably should be calling your provider to see what's up.

If it gets to the point where they shut your server off, that's on you.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

They notify you through their ticketing system about payment failure and give you a few days to fix the credit card info. I am sure if you respond to them quickly and explain what the matter is, they might even give you a few more days to solve the CC problem and won't pull the plug.