Help me in taking decision

Dear webmasters !

I run a vbulletin forum (4250 members, 95000 posts, I GB web space, 1 GB MySql space, 60 GB bandwith). My team includes moderators who are volunteers and this is why none of them can spend more then 3 hours/day. I have two choices for the betterment of my forum and I need you guys to help me take decision.

1) Rent a dedicated server (150/month) and host my site + 5 other sites for free and ask them to put my banner on top. This will send more traffic to our forum as we only get 1000 visitors/day.

2) Get a shared serverfor 50/month and hire a full time staff for 100. We run a foriegn language Asian forum and I can hire a Master (IT) degree holder in just 100 from my country. He will lookafter my forum everyday as this will be his full time job.

What do you think I should do? Get a dedicated server or hire someone to work full time? Which option is best for my forum?

I would think a dedicated server. You already have staff members working for free (even if it is for a few hours a day). Anyways what is your forum name?
    I am back....

A dedicated server would definetly be better for you my friend.....

The Dude

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

Thanks for your reply Sir. Its true that the moderators of our forum are working for free but none of them can manage forum in my absence. I cant depend on any one of them in my absence. This is why I needed a staff member who can work 8 hours per day but not sure whether dedicated server is a better option for my forum's success.

Please note : I have 18 moderators right now on my forum.

I would think getting a dedicated server is a more important choice because this will ensure more success than hiring someone online and not sure if he works the whole day while your absence.

Does it make sense? I don't believe in someone with a masters in China would want to manage a forum for life. They have higher ambitions.

Might give your some light.

One would be surprised at how cheaply graduate students work for in china.

Do agree with cheaper labour. But I would think the real good ones have better ambition than manning a forum for life.

Also i would think you can always earn some advertisement to hire a part-time moderator instead of a full time.