need a new provider

Tonight's problem with fdcservers (completely offline as I write this, with no signs of returning any time soon) has sealed for me the fact that I need to move providers before I lose customers.

I run a few relatively high-traffic websites, and a small hosting business on the side to help pay the server costs. All up I'd say I use around 1tb a month in bandwidth. I'm currently running cPanel/WHM on my fdc box and I use that to manage everything.

What's the best recommendation for an inexpensive server that suits my needs on a network that isn't thoroughly ****ed almost constantly? I've been poking around servermatrix and I like what I see so far, but is there anything even better than that out there?

Thanks in advance

I am with SM and in the same exact boat as you are!
    Server keeps going down on a 2.8 CPU/1 G Ram with one website running!

Which provider are you with?

I am thinking of trying managed.com just to compare the hardware and see if it makes any difference.

Any other recommendations folks?

Thank you,
    Z.

I'm currently with fdcservers.net (don't bother visiting the site, their network is down.) I'm surprised to hear that SM isn't reliable, though! Is your experience the exception rather than the rule, or what?

ev1.

Never had a problem, never will have a problem.

Thats trust.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

Pay a little more and get some better service...
    Yes, but who?

If you want like 1.5TB of transfer and everything for $150 or so, you probably would just keep running into problem.

If not, try servermatrix or ev1, they have solid reputation.

That didn't make any sense. I can get 1.5tb of transfers with servermatrix for under $150, so am I going to run into problems with them or are they worthy of their, as you say, "solid reputation"?

Originally posted by neotek
    That didn't make any sense. I can get 1.5tb of transfers with servermatrix for under $150, so am I going to run into problems with them or are they worthy of their, as you say, "solid reputation"?
    How can you do that? Their 1.5TB plan costs a minimum of $279 / month.

-Josh

dont stay with FDC, they are crap

go with ev1, their network uptime is amazing, its a well established company and you will literally never have a problem hosting websites

How can you do that? Their 1.5TB plan costs a minimum of $279 / month.
    I didn't literally mean 1.5tb, just the range, but SM's 1.2tb servers start at $79 a month.