View Poll Results: What type of growth do you prefer?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Quick growth

13 20.00%
  • Slow growth

9 13.85%
  • Not quick not slow, steady growth

43 66.15%

Lightbulb What type of growth do you prefer?

Pls select which type of growth would you prefer for your company!

thanks for choosing
    "Web Hosting is not just about selling space, it is about facilitating customers needs with your plans and supporting the customer for a long lasting mutually beneficial relationship."- Yaser

I voted steady. I like them coming in at a nice speed but not ridiculosly fast. It's nice to be able to know your clients by name still and have chance to remember their situation on a second and third email instead of thinking... "who is this... I dont remember them from before"
    -- Matthew

To remember them you can have them in address book, anyhow, steady is the best out of the lot but it requires alot of hardwork and patience, quick growth is only evident in cases where you spent huge amounts of money on advertising/marketing or it could also be after your reputation has been recognized as a value-for money host.
    "Web Hosting is not just about selling space, it is about facilitating customers needs with your plans and supporting the customer for a long lasting mutually beneficial relationship."- Yaser

Greetings:

Steady growth is often more easier to manage; and often allows quality service throughout the life span of growth to existing and new customers.

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

Well, if I can have a steady quick growth.. it could be awesome

I was expecting more a poll asking if people prefer organic growth, externally financed growth, etc.

Obviously people will prefer the maximum amount of growth they can sustain. There will be an optimum level and if that optimum is exceeded, that's where service levels drop.
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.namecheap.com - hosting from a registrar DONE RIGHT!

I prefer Slow growth
    The base for slow growing things are mostly more stable and you gain more knowledge in the process which could greatly aid you in the future.

Fast Growth = Fast decline
    Steady growth = well can't comment much, more of in between
    -=- GQ Hong -=-
    GalacNet WebMaster

Consistant and steady growth works best.
    Linux junkie | steward.io

Steady growth allows you to grow with your company. Instead of getting 200 clients in a short amount of time and messing everything up because you’re working by your self, you can employ people as the business grows. As long as you are not going to be going out of business unless you get thoughs clients as fast as possible then steady growth seems to work best for most people.

- Kind regards,
    Eddy
    Tired of jumping web hosting providers? Tired of OVERSELLING? Tired of Poor service/quality?
    Are you Finally realizing You Get What You Pay For In Life?
    If So...Please Visit ***** eServicesUnlimited***** - We Guarantee 100% Satisfaction we promise that!

Eddy re: your point that if you get 200 clients and manage them yourself, you can employ people to help you out. If you have a good billing system in place(automated one) and outsoucred support then you can handle quick growth, though it is def. not easy i still think that if we have planned out well we can handle any types of growth. Thats why a detailed business plan is so crucial where you list how you will adapt to certain changes while operating at efficient levels.

It all really depends on where your business is at.

If you are just learning the ropes and getting started, slow growth is best so that you can get your processes down before you take on too much for yourself to handle.

If you are established and you have your support infrastructure in place, then steady or even rapid growth is what you would want to achieve.
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!

I prefer steady organic word of mouth growth. It usually takes quite a while to build up speed, but it's definately worth it in the long run.

The clients are less of aburden and usually stay with you longer than others, plus your advertising costs are miniscule.

Well i'm hoping for a steady growth Hope i get it.
    John Heslop

Steady too.

As one of my portugese friends would say:
    "God, I do not ask you for fortune! Just let me know where it is so I can get it!"

Lol

I guess i will change my signature
    PenguinPower.eu :: 100% European Cloud-Based Web Hosting
    European Service means European Quality.
    Visit us today at https://www.penguinpower.eu!

Does the type of platform you sell and the service affect your growth?

I.e. A windows only host selling dedicated servers would grow faster/slower than a linux only host selling dedicated servers?

thanks

I voted for slow growth, because I like it slow and steady.

Just a gentle trickle of new clients each day, that keeps adding to the previous clients. Then over a year or 2, they do add up, and you can easily extend your infrastructure as your client base grows. Nice and steady.
    • AussieHost.com • Aussie Bob, host since 2001 •
    • Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!! •

Originally posted by Aussie Bob
    I voted for slow growth, because I like it slow and steady.

Just a gentle trickle of new clients each day, that keeps adding to the previous clients. Then over a year or 2, they do add up, and you can easily extend your infrastructure as your client base grows. Nice and steady.
    I think it also depends on your definition of what slow, steady and fast means.

To me, your explanation of slow (a gentle trickle of new clients each day) would mean steady to me. I would class slow as being a couple a week.
    -- Matthew

Yep, also depends what type of hosting plans you sell etc. If you're selling $25/yr plans, then you could need more than someone selling $35/mth plans.
    • AussieHost.com • Aussie Bob, host since 2001 •
    • Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!! •

like pies, if you sell a pie for £1.20, you need to sell loads more pies if you sell pies for £2.20
    John Heslop

I'm happy with a steady and increasing growth. A Small Orange started at about 2 new customers a day and we're up to 4-5 new clients a day lately. We've been able to scale well because we haven't had massive spurts of growth (10 new customers was our highest in one day). I also started us off with a lot of breathing room with 5 support staff members to handle any load we might get. It's all about breathing room just in case you do get a busy day or end up on the front page of CNN.com or something
    Former owner of A Small Orange
    New owner of <COMING SOON>

Steady. Enough to keep everyone busy.