Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Will I regret If I choose NOCSTER server?

Hi all,

How is your experience to NOCSTER recently? Do their services improve already?

I planning host one more server,. Will I regret If I choose NOCSTER server?
      0 Not allowed!

Depends on the usage.

If you are going to host a mission critical site, you will regret.

If you just want a low cost server to run your own site, Nocster should be doing great for you.

Thanks.
    SecureAX Singapore - Virtualization, Private Cloud Computing & Managed Datacenter in Singapore
    - Managed Virtual Private Servers, Dedicated Servers & Colocation Services in Singapore
    - Gigabit backbone at Equinix Singapore, M1 & Telin Datacenters with Private Link for Disaster Recovery setup
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by KKHost.Net
    Depends on the usage.

If you just want a low cost server to run your own site, Nocster should be doing great for you.

Thanks.
    I can vouch for that They are bound to have network problems again that would lead to your clients screaming and eventually leaving you.
      0 Not allowed!

besides the setup time (normally take 48hrs-1x days, check their forums for details ) I think nocster is a pretty good choice
    Dixiy.com - Professional Web Hosting Provider since 2002
    AutoCreation.net - Automation Solution for cPanel Hosting! + Illegal File Scanner
    WHDir.net - Your complete Web Hosting Directory with Hosting/Server Tutorials
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

We sold Nocster servers (still have them listed actually), and the problems far outweighed anything good that they did, IMO.

One of our clients waited weeks for IPs, did not have his CPanel license installed when the box was delivered, nor did they have all of the initial IPs that were ordered.

We ended up having to refund the client a little over $300, which Nocster/Burst refused to credit.

Then, (on the same box) we submitted that the box be shut down. This was before the the next billing cycle. We received confirmation that it would indeed be shut down.

The next thing we know, we get a bill, on the billing date for the server again. We check, and the server is still live. Needless to say, we informed them that the box was suppose to be shut down a while back, and they informed us that we needed to submit the request using their cancellation form (which we did in the first place, but apparently was ignored...at least until they could get another bill in).

Not a very good experience for us, or our clients.
    Mark - Owner/Lead Designer
    avidInteractive
    Lead vocalist for Circle7: Circle7 on MTV
      0 Not allowed!

We have several shared hosting clients that are on Nocster servers.

To answer your questions:

Nocster has been outstanding recently.

The network seems much improved.

Will 'you' regret it? I don't know. I only know that I don't regret it.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.
      0 Not allowed!

Anyone have some data on their recent network uptime?
    Jim Reardon - jim/amusive.com
      0 Not allowed!

YEP

<<Signature to be setup in your profile>>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 05-11-2004 at 09:27 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Nocster makes you pay a monthly cost for hardware upgrades. They wouldn't even respond to my email asking them why.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Rotwang
    Nocster makes you pay a monthly cost for hardware upgrades. They wouldn't even respond to my email asking them why.
    If you e-mail and ask them for a one time fee for hardware upgrades, they will happily do it. It's VERY reasonable, as well.
    DreamHost Web Hosting
    Shared and VPS hosting + dedicated servers and colocation.
    ... and we're green, too!
    Hosting your dreams since 1997.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Rotwang
    They don't make you pay monthly costs, they can do one-time fees. Why do they (and most other companies) list monthly fees instead of one-time fees? More profit. You won't regret going with Nocster.

-Josh
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by ANMMark
    We sold Nocster servers (still have them listed actually), and the problems far outweighed anything good that they did, IMO.

One of our clients waited weeks for IPs, did not have his CPanel license installed when the box was delivered, nor did they have all of the initial IPs that were ordered.

We ended up having to refund the client a little over $300, which Nocster/Burst refused to credit.

Then, (on the same box) we submitted that the box be shut down. This was before the the next billing cycle. We received confirmation that it would indeed be shut down.

The next thing we know, we get a bill, on the billing date for the server again. We check, and the server is still live. Needless to say, we informed them that the box was suppose to be shut down a while back, and they informed us that we needed to submit the request using their cancellation form (which we did in the first place, but apparently was ignored...at least until they could get another bill in).

Not a very good experience for us, or our clients.
    Mark - We've NEVER experienced any of the problems that you've mentioned above, and we're Nocster's second largest reseller at this time. Any billing errors have been corrected very efficiently, and cancellations have always been processed correctly. Did you bother to give them a call about any of your issues?

-Josh
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Matt2001
    Take this for what its worth-

I've been down for 4 straight hours. Their network isn't down, just my server. I've tried an emergency help ticket, Instant Messaging them, every single extension on their phone network, and the one time i did get through i got transfered to a dead line. THey haven't answered since, or returned my message.
    Matt (my partner) is currently on the phone with Benji at Burst, at 877-BURSTNET, so it seems to be working from here now . There was a glitch in their phone system, but Benji said that it's working again. Try calling again and press 8 for support.

-Josh
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Joshua
    They don't make you pay monthly costs, they can do one-time fees. Why do they (and most other companies) list monthly fees instead of one-time fees? More profit. You won't regret going with Nocster.

-Josh
    Josh, riddle me this: Since they don't offer it on the site, how do I get them to offer me a one time fee instead of a monthly fee for hardware upgrades?

Email them and ask? Guess again, read my post, the one you quoted.
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Matt2001
    ok, so i redialed without the #8 on the end and it worked. But, why does the number matter? I got the same recording that i did the other times, only this time someone actually answered. Is their other number hooked up to a non-working system?
    A phone number can only be seven digits (excluding area code, and 800 portion).

If you were to enter the entire number in to a home phone, it would dial them all, but connect after the seventh digit is sent.

Entering it in a cell phone makes the phone try and dial ALL of the digits.

Instead of dialing the numbers individually like a home phone would (even if you have a screen on it, and you enter the number before you have a dial tone) the cell phone tries to make a direct connection to the numbers you enter.
    DreamHost Web Hosting
    Shared and VPS hosting + dedicated servers and colocation.
    ... and we're green, too!
    Hosting your dreams since 1997.
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

Lets see You have a problem with reboot.
    Have you submitted right servername?
    Also lets assume server is down for 1+ hr did u open ANother emergency ticket???
    Emailing [email protected] does give a quick reply now.
    You can also email Dan VP support for any support queries....
    <snip>

Overall they are stable network now. Been excellent for us
    And All problems gets resolved in very minimal time.
    Last edited by MattF; 05-14-2004 at 02:40 PM.
    Server4Sale
    Dirt CHEAP Servers coming soon
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by server4sale
    We are currently Nocster Largest reseller. Ask any of our client and they will not say anything BAD.... Yes if you directly wanna deal with Nocster you MAY have issues cause most client only know 1-2 contacts there. Major resellers have there ways to get things done Cause they ve more contacts then standard client cause they deal with them all the time.
    The perks of being a large reseller, or being a client of a large reseller . You should be able to get support and reboots quickly even if you're not a large reseller, but us resellers do know our contacts at the datacenter. Today's been a little screwey with their phone system, but we have one employee's cell phone # in case things like this happen .

-Josh
      0 Not allowed!

What i m wondering is the following. We do see Nocster bad etc etc thread but did any one heard that if MainArea or any other popular Nocster reseller got bashed???? I dont think so. 90% of the time its Direct Nocster client.
    I wonder why is that
    Server4Sale
      0 Not allowed!

BurstNET has been excellent historically from what I understand. Granted, this is pre-Nov. 2003 that I say this. I wouldn't let one bad situation ruin your image of the entire company.

I should also note that i'm quite impressed (to date thus far ) regarding their responsiveness to dealing with abuse and DDoS issues.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by SoftWareRevue
    Will 'you' regret it? I don't know. I only know that I don't regret it.
    Can you elaborate more on that? i mean, do you have fun sites on that server or any mission critical stuff too? i feel Nocster here is being portrayed as an UNRELIABLE server only to host a few pictures of your childern which, if they are not online, makes not much difference as the childern can be asked to check back again, but perhaps not the case with SERIOUS business clients.
      0 Not allowed!

We have several shared hosting clients in Nocster.

Maybe it's our target audience, but we have never lost a customer due to any center problems.

I'm not saying there has never been a problem. But, there has never been a problem that affected our client relationships.

I'm certainly not suggesting that all sites are personal pages. There is a great mix of professionals, resellers, and hobbiests.

We do have a bad habit of keeping customers informed though.

Expanded enough?

I don't talk about my hosting endeavors very much and doubt I'd say much more anywho.

I'll just repeat that, I have no regrets choosing Nocster.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.
      0 Not allowed!

I cancelled a server before it was set up, was charged for it twice the following month. I was told that it was cancelled, filled in the form, put in a few support tickets and even spoke to some people on AIM. I refused to pay it since it was cancelled before I even received acknowledgement of my order.

I go to order a server from a Reseller of there's sometimes later, I'm accused of fraud apparently by BurstNET.

I had a server once before though, it was perfectly fine. The issue above is all that is stopping me from ordering from them.
      0 Not allowed!

Contact Mike Rosario, our Customer Service Manager, and he will look into your old account for you and get that straightened out.

We take fraud pretty seriously, and have been gtting much stricter as every month goes by. With as many orders as we process, we find it best just to pass on some orders, rather than waste our staff's times building and installing "questionable" orders.

We usually do not demand payment unless the server was delivered. If what you are saying is the case, he should be able to help you.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by KKHost.Net
    Depends on the usage.

Thanks.
    I agree, just be sure to NOT put mission critical files on their system
    hm what should I put in my sig?
      0 Not allowed!

I am with these guys, I used Nocster until recently when I actauly liked having my site up. I now use ServerMatrix, similar cost, much better uptime.

P.S. Whatever you do don't try and run a gameserver at Nocster, lots of packetloss.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by System
    I am with these guys, I used Nocster until recently when I actauly liked having my site up. I now use ServerMatrix, similar cost, much better uptime.

P.S. Whatever you do don't try and run a gameserver at Nocster, lots of packetloss.
    Thats odd, the last time anyone has had packetloss was in the beginning of the year. I've had 0% packet loss ever since then. No network problems whatsoever.
    CloudRck.com - Host on Cloudrck
    Unmetered VPS Solutions at it's finest
      0 Not allowed!

Will I regret If I choose NOCSTER server?

Yes.

0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by System

I may not agree with you on this. Recent problem was due to cogent fault. I do know lot of people who r runnign game server at burst and are happy with it
    Server4Sale
      0 Not allowed!

Well then maybe they have turned things around, last gameserver I had with them was probobly about 4 or more months ago, the pings were good, but it had packetloss issues. I have heard they are better since the major blackout they had a while back.. when they were basicly down for 3 days.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by daejuanj
    Thats odd, the last time anyone has had packetloss was in the beginning of the year. I've had 0% packet loss ever since then. No network problems whatsoever.
    You must have escaped this issue from two days ago.
      0 Not allowed!

SYSTEM:
    Correction.
    12-15 HRS MAX COMPLETE DOWN not 3 days
    Server4Sale
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Watcher_TVI
    You must have escaped this issue from two days ago.
    Watcher - This issue did not start close to Nocster's network. I was tracing into Nocster over Cogent, and due to PHL issues, Cogent was routing me to Dallas, then to DC, then to PHL to avert the tie ups - That solved the packetloss issue with Cogent for me, but it added around 50ms onto the ping time. Any packetloss experienced was due to providers who offloaded onto Cogent at places where they had a lack of peering to avoid the issue.

-Josh
      0 Not allowed!

Any packetloss experienced was due to providers who offloaded onto Cogent at places where they had a lack of peering to avoid the issue.
    Just to add, this mostly affected the major cable ISPs (such as Comcast) that have connections to ATT & routed through Cogent. ATT & Cogent had problems with connections, which added packetloss. I'll see if I saved any traces that I can post as proof of that.

- Matt
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast