Question VPS - any suggestion ?

I'm evaluating some VPS offers...

- WebSite Source
    - PowerVPS

but want to search more.
    I'm looking for a <40$/month price.

According to your experience , can suggest me any reliable VPS provider?

Simon

Re: VPS - any suggestion ?

Originally posted by simon70
    I'm evaluating some VPS offers...

- WebSite Source
    - PowerVPS

but want to search more.
    I'm looking for a <40$/month price.

According to your experience , can suggest me any reliable VPS provider?

Simon
    linode.com has excellent pricing on VPS's. I use one of them for some personal stuff, have had no problems at all with them in the past year.

VPSColo.com is awesome - been with them Since January. You can also check out their sister company JVDS.com - they also get rave reviews.

Adiungo.com so far performed EXCELLENT for me for 3+ months.

I can recommend Dinix.

About dinx

Dinix : heard may people moved from them

VPSColo: sounds good but offer just 150 Mhz cpu on entry level, and moreover is bit expensive.

Lionode: sounds good too but almost sold out

WebSite Source: sound the best offer...

any other suggestions ?

I have had outstanding experiences with Dinix, JVDS/VPSColo, ServInt and VenturesOnline. I think I will have to say the best support came from VenturesOnline and ServInt and that the network and quality of the services was about equal with all. I recommend VenturesOnline, then ServInt, then Dinix, then JVDS/VPSColo from my personal experiences, but you won't go wrong with any of those.

Well it really depends on what you value most...

If you are looking for how much server can you get for you money... I would recommend redwoodvirtual.com. For $40 you can get 256 mb Ram/ 8GB space. This would be a great server at a really great price.

Linode.com has some really great features. Their control panel is kick butt! It has many great feature (setup reverse DNS), have a lot of distributions that you can install, then remove, change swap size. Bascially you can do everything you would want to do yourself, I have seen no one offer all those features.

For support it is jvds.com/vpscolo.com. Prices are good and support is great. Browse around some of the WHT forums and is apparent that Rus goes above and beyond the call of duty.

The last thing that I think could be a consideration is if you want a Control Panel. Only a handful of VPS providers will give you decent pricing on them. I belive (should check it out yourself) that jvds.com will give you direct admin for $5 per month, which is quite good.

I second Dinix.

I haven't heard about anyone leaving Dinix. I have been there almost 6 months and have had nothing but rock solid performance and service. I am very happy with them.

I also recommend Dinix!

So far sooo good!

redwoodvirtual.com doesn't give me the impression of someone I would trust to host my site.

I recommend www.servint.com. By far the best hosting company I have ever been with. A little more on the expensive side compared to other hosts, but it's worth the quality service that you get.

I can also recommend vpscolo.com, i was with dinix and was not satisfied due to problems that i hear have been fixed now but I still wish I had chose vpscolo to begin with, here is a 3 month review I just posted...

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=270133
    UrlRedo.com - short URL service

I would reccomend against venturesonline, ever since data393 came into the picture support has been less that expected.

6 days on a standard ticket is pathetic.

I've been with Dinix for 1.5 months so my recommendation carries little weight. I was lured in by their awesome spec. I think they're brilliant.