Hybrid View

search engine submission ? software?

hi all,

Do you know any good Pay site for search engine submission which are good and reliable. I know free submission, but I want to know your opinion..

Do you think I should buy a software for submission, like IBP
    www,axandra,com it costs $149..

or if there is any other good software for submission, or any other tips, tricks, sites or softwares..

Please let me know your expert opinion.
    thank you.
    Janu.

I would recommend checking out Trellian - I use it at work currently...

http://www.trellian.com/

But really, submission is not as important as optimizing your site is. There is a lot you can do for your site that will help you much more than using a submission tool. Your site is going to get placement regardless, but optimizing your site is what's really going to set it apart from the rest.
    Last edited by PlaneWalker; 05-06-2004 at 02:53 AM.
    Something witty here...

thank you planewalker.
    I am currently the site you mentioned..

Optimizing ? you mean setting meta tags blah blah ?

any tips for optimizing.

thank you.
    Janu.

"...Optimizing ? you mean setting meta tags blah blah ?..."

Oh yea - there is much more to optimizing your site than just meta tags. Check this site out for some good info about the subject...

www.seo-guy.com
    Something witty here...

submitwolf by trellian is good, your better off doing them indivudualy, do a search for keywords " url add" and "add url"
    manually add your url that way, then maybe use http://ineedhits.com its like $2.50 and signup with like kanoodle and a few others and use there free trail will get you listedan indexed fast, besides all that you need to set your meta tags correctly to match page content some will say meta tags arnt used but to get indexed they are when used properly as far as rank when searched lots of things go into that.

Don't submit directly to Google & Yahoo through their free url submit. Get a link from a page rank 5 or higher website.

This can get you spidered & indexed as quick as 3 days. Besides, G & Y give more boost to naturally found sites.

Use trellian for hundreds of small directories that could be time consuming to submit by hand.

submission

I highly suggest using:

"Web Position Gold"

There is nothing out there that beats it IMHO. I even get some of my sites into Yahoo using the software. It is absolutely wonderful and I could not live without it. I have as site where I charge $39 to submit sites for customers, they order and then I use my software to submit. Have NEVER had a complaint.

The software has won several awards. It is a very reputable company.

Hope this helps...

http://www.webposition-gold-2.net/

Hi Monie,

What actually is it that this kind of software does, as compared to the process of *actively submitting* to the search engines manually yourself?

It does the following

It provides the following from their website:

Submitter
    will submit any pages you choose to the most important search engines. Advanced "slow submit" technology precisely emulates manual submissions. It even follows-up to verify a site was indexed by the expected date.

Page Generator
    creates optimized Web pages based on keywords and details you enter about your business. This gives you a head start in heading to the top of the search list. They also act as alternate entrances to your Web site, giving potential visitors more ways to find you.

Page Critic
    supplies expert, custom-tailored advice on how to optimize each of your new or existing Web pages. Page Critic knows each search engine's unique personality and how to build TOP ranking pages for each without spamming or abusing the index.

Upload Manager
    remembers all the optimized Web pages you created, changed, or added in the quest for a TOP 10 position. It will then upload them with its built-in FTP program or using your favorite program. It's a goof-proof way to make sure new chart-climbing pages get uploaded to your Web site.

Reporter
    checks your site's positions in the major search engines. Find out in minutes, rather than hours, how you rank on every keyword or phrase that is important to you, on all the major engines. Nine different management reports provide more valuable information than any other product

Scheduler
    activates the Reporter daily, weekly, or monthly to automatically check your Web site's positions. You'll know immediately if a site stays on TOP, falls in rank, or falls out of the index altogether. This allows you to release a new optimized page or re-optimize an existing one before sales start dropping. Submitting and Uploading can also be automated by the scheduler

Traffic Analyzer
    tracks your visitors and where they came from automatically without the need to download server log files or buy extra software. Traffic Analyzer answers questions like: "What keywords are people searching for to find my site?" or "Which search engines send me the most traffic?" and more! Information gathered by the Traffic Analyzer can later be used with the Page Critic to create even more focused pages. This will help insure continued success while giving you measurable results for tracking the amount of free advertising you generated.

Hope this helps...

Re: submission

Originally posted by Monie8
    I highly suggest using:

"Web Position Gold"
    [...]
    The software has won several awards. It is a very reputable company.
    Hmm...

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...google+penalty
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

negatives

I stand behind the product and so do other members look at the threads

here are other webhosting talk members who rave about the software:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=265503

I found this link through the above message link so I'm not sure if the last poster provided the link to back the product?

The only negative was someones opinion and granted not everyone is going to write rave reviews about the same software.

Some people purchase the software and SPAM the heck out of the search engines...end up getting banned or booted in their rankings and then blame the software. If you only submit as directed then it works. If you abuse the system then you pay the price...all of which is the users responsibility and has NO reflection on the software...IMHO

(I'm just a VERY satisfied customer..and if I can get sites listed in the top search engines by using it...I'll continue to rave about the product?

Hope that answers your query

if you want to get your site indexed by the search engines, you don't need to spend money on some search engine software. just get backlinks going to your site. google will find them.
    Golf Forum - If you enjoy golf, check out this forum.

victor you are a genius. i tried that and it works! eureka!

sites

I apologize as I thought you had more than 1 website to submit to the search engines.

For those of us who own over 200 domain names and have many clients domains to submit, hand submitting is not an option. However if you only have 1 site then by all means don't buy any software.

Good Luck!

Originally posted by vprp
    if you want to get your site indexed by the search engines, you don't need to spend money on some search engine software. just get backlinks going to your site. google will find them.
    Exactly. Search engine submission is very much a thing of the past, unless you're talking about minor niche directories or paid inclusion sources. Whether you have one site or 200, submission isn't going to get you into major search engines if you don't have backlinks, and backlinks will get you listed before your submission does.

Of course, what happens is that people submit their sites and then see that they get listed and assume that they wouldn't have been if they hadn't taken that step. It's just an illusion! Or maybe a delusion.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

thread

One thing I dont like about web position gold is all the spam you get after downloading a trial, and for some reason if Im not mistaken hard to tell them apart now adays I get so many. Does web position gold employees phone people who have downloaded it? for some reason I remeber getting a phone call in regards to it. I may be mistaken but they were Asking about purshasing the product and how great it is. but Im positive about all the damn spam that followed including from the company itself.
    All the emails gave me the same feeling aplus did. Very intruded upon. Am I mistaken about web position gold and phone calls?

thank you all for replying me

janu.

try these..

I used these guys last year:

exploit dot net /wizard /index.html

Its called the Exploit Submission Wizard, The key is rather expensive but if you have a lot of sites it does save some time submitting.