how much should I be charging for this?

How much should I be charging for colocation at my facility? I'm discussing the possibility with a friend and we both want it to be a win/win situation for the both of us. Here are the details ...

My facility has a T1 line (1.5MBPS, which translates to about 350GB per month) with about 90% of its 24/7 bandwidth unused (overall). I'm willing to let the co-hosting system have about 25% of that bandwidth (about 87GB) . I can measure the bandwidth being used by reading his server logs.

My facility also includes a generator for backup power and remote video surveillance of the hosting room (password protected available to customers only). I'll be installing the operating system and server software and I'll be changing this server's backup tape every day too.

My main business is shared hosting so I'm new to colocation.

What would you pay or charge, monthly, for such an arrangement?
    http://www.dynamis.net
    A small domain host focusing on personalized service.

My main business is shared hosting so I'm new to colocation.
    Colocation means the customer supplies their own server and software, not you. You simply supply them with rackspace, bandwidth and any management you may want to offer.
    I can measure the bandwidth being used by reading his server logs.
    In a colocation situation, unless you are managing the Server for the Customer, you won't have access to login to the server.
    I'll be installing the operating system and server software and I'll be changing this server's backup tape every day too.
    Will you be supplying the Server and OS? If so, thats considered Dedicated Server Hosting, not colocation.
    My facility has a T1 line (1.5MBPS, which translates to about 350GB per month) with about 90% of its 24/7 bandwidth unused (overall). I'm willing to let the co-hosting system have about 25% of that bandwidth (about 87GB) .
    1Mbps=approx. 320GB
    1.5Mbps=approx. 480GB
    Who is the bandwidth provider? 87GB is not very much bandwidth. It will be okay for 1 or 2 low-traffic servers, but thats about it.
    What would you pay or charge, monthly, for such an arrangement?
    What you charge depends on various items...
    1. the quality of your bandwidth
    2. the size of the space you will be providing
    3. the size of the customers server(s) (rackmount or tower)
    4. what is your cost point
    5. what your margin will be.

Take a look through the offers thread to get an idea of what others are charging.

Hope this helps.

-R
    Hosting&COLO.COM -- Toll Free: (888) 473-1831
    Affordable colocation in Los Angeles. Yes, we have Mzima Bandwidth!
    "If you quit before you've given it 100% you will be very disappointed in yourself for the rest of your life."