I Need H-Sphere Reseller Recommendations from Real Users!

Although I am happy with my current reseller host, I am feeling a little automation envy. Are their any good H-Sphere reseller hosts that you would reccomend?

Mulder
    Quentin Moore - TechRanker.net (Site re-launch coming soon)
    Best Tech Gadget Reviews | Mobile App Reviews | Comparison Charts
    Admin @ TechRanker.net | @ TechRanker | TechRanker.net

Are you using H-SPhere now or another CP and looking to move to H-SPhere to help with your automation like billing and ticket support?

I am currently using WHM/cpanel and would consider moving to a host that offers H-Sphere.

wehostwebpages.com

I own and run a small web consulting/development company. Me and a few sub-contractors as needed. I pretty much only host for my development customers, but wouldn't turn down straight hosting if someone contacted me about it. Regarding HSPHERE automation, wehostwebpages.com was the first hosting company I tried that uses HSPHERE (the 3 previous had custom solutions). HSPHERE far and away makes my life easier.

You probably already know this, but as a reseller, I am able to create plans via a plan wizard based on what I want to offer and at the price point I want to charge. I can create and offer plans on both LINUX and WINDOWS. It manages the finances of each account and sends my customers an email each month that a payment is due with a link to my paypal account (I haven't yet reached the level of monthly business to support a merchant account).

I guess I don't need to go on and on about HSPHERE, but wehostwebpages.com provides a level of service above and beyond anything I've had previously. Other hosts have been able to offer ASP, ASP.NET, ODBC (for Access), mySQL and MS SQL SERVER, but none at the rate I'm getting now. MS SQL SERVER was key to getting a large, long term contract and Rob at WHW helped me so I could secure that contract at a price that was profitable for my business.

There may be other HSPHERE hosts out there that offer reseller accounts, they may be good and worth checking out, but you would be remiss if you didn't check out what wehostwebpages.com has to offer and give them a call. Their support is top notch!

This reply was in no way paid for or endorsed by WHW... I am a real person running a real business and I chose wehostwebpages.com!

Hello Mulder,

We are running our cluster of servers on hsphere since last two years and are extremely satisfied. Scalability and reliability are cornerstones of the web hosting machinery and hsphere takes care of it well. Thing I like most is its attention to CRM.

Hsphere is the best!

Regards,
    Last edited by mediopia; 05-06-2004 at 12:45 AM.
    Mediopia Technologies, Inc - Call Toll Free (24 x 7): 1-877-807-HOST
    Windows and Linux Reseller and Shared Web Hosting Plans
    SiteStudio, ASP, ASP.net, PHP, CGI, Coldfusion MX 6.1, Frontpage, MS SQL Server, MySQL, PgSQL ...
    http://www.mediopia.biz/

Hmph.

Yes, hmph. the thread starter wanted recommendations, not post's from host's that offer H-Sphere

Simon

Originally posted by IHSL
    Hmph.

Yes, hmph. the thread starter wanted recommendations, not post's from host's that offer H-Sphere

Simon
    That's true, but I figured the H-Sphere hosts would slide up in here too.

The thing I worry about most is moving to a host that has issues. My experience with my current host, Autica, has been very smooth so far. I may just decide to stick with them and get modernbill or something.

Mulder

Greetings:

The distributor link on http://www.psoft.net/partners.html provides you with a list of H-Sphere providers.

You may want to check out a few, call a few, and so on.

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

Personaly I found H-Sphere a nightmare as a reseller, it's complicated and not user friendly. It is very powerful though. The real issue I had with it was that it's hosted on PSoft's servers, any work they do can (and did in my case) affect end users. My private name servers changed ip's twice in 2 months, not a good start imho.

My clients found the billing confusing, having 3 different log ins to manage a reseller account got annoying to me.

But as I said it is very powerful and does offer Windows and Linux control in one package. Maybe it was just the way the host I was with had it set up. I'm no longer with that host and am using Helm which although is no way near as powerful is a pleasure to use.

I can't recommend any hosts as mine were a complete joke, I just thought you might like some end user input.

Huh hosted on psoft's servers? I don't think so. Psoft does not have their own servers, unless you signed up on their demo server, and I would never expect thost accounts to even stay live long, as it is reset regularly.

Yes hsphere can be complex sometimes, but at least you dont clicky syndrome like with helm. And once you get the hang of it you can logi to your reseller admin panel in one login, and reseller panel in another(only time you would go there is to submit tickets or to view invoices/reseller pricing really) you don't have to login 3 times just to get into the main admin interface.

My appologies, I looked a little further into where the hsphere cp's were hosted and it was at the host, I thought they were hosted at PSoft simply because most of the problems they were having were blamed on things PSoft were suposedly doing.

I stand corrected on that point

I can only comment on my own experiences and I had 3 log ins, 1 for the reseller account with the host where I could submit tickets and pay the bill for my resellers package, 1 for the admin account and 1 for the service domain.

It's always going to be each to their own, I find Helm a lot easier.
    I see Hsphere has at last had a face lift from that ugly GUI though

Greetings:

H-Sphere does require a lot of planning up front; part of that planning does involve a learning curve.

If you take the time to learn the system, and do the proper planning, H-Sphere returns the investment in huge degrees.

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

Hi Mulder - really depends if yo need windows or linux hosting (or both)

I would speak with Simon (IHSL) @ diy and dynamicnet - both represent hsphere "guru" companies...

Hope this helps...

ps - yes, the automation is awesome - and really - its not that tough to figure out