Thread: Money Back

Money Back

Every one experienced with requesting and getting a Money Back Guarantee from a host?
    Do you have to explain the reasons you want that?
    How does it works? They refill with the wasted $ your credit card?

Please help.. Thank you..

Everyone's terms are different. Their refund policy should be explained in their Terms of Service or Service Level Agreement.

Some money back guarantees are righteous and fair, others are slimy sales tactics.

Well, I can answer your question from the other point of the fence:

Depending on the host, there are different conditions you must meet to qualify the refund. Some hosts will not refund your purchase if you've used a certain amount of resources while others will refund you as long as you haven't violated their ToS.

The best thing to do, is carefully read the ToS/AUP of your prospective host before buying so that you know what you're getting into.

(and yes, usually the money is just credited back to the CC)

we refund payment if client didnt violated our tos/aup

if he made any damage by sending spam etc - account is closed without refund
    Pro-net-hosting.com - www.pro-net-hosting.com
    Pro hosting solutions since april 2003.

I do not see how this question can be answered fairly as it depends. Each and every host should have a terms of service in place and it should explain their policy.
    If you do not see a terms page I would suggest looking elsewhere for a host as *most* usually offer some sort of guarantee.
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

Greetings:

Each company has their own money back / refund policy.

I know for our parent company has a 30-day money back guarantee where zero reasons have to be given for the request.

We call it complete satisfaction; and you could cancel because the weather was too cold or too hot in your area ;-)

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

Sometimes it has less to do with keeping the money, than with the additional money lost due to credit card transactions.

I know every time we process a refund, at least 5 dollars goes to the Visa company. For a host that charges just a few bucks a month, this would be a big loss.

My company does a prorated refund system (ie: refund minus the time used). Only on our super cheap specials with year long commitments do we not allow a refund.
    DreamLogic Cult Film and Music Reviews
    STOPware - Visitor Management solutoins