How do you handle support?

I did a search but didn't seem to come up with anything so I thought I'd ask.

How do you handle support/sales questions?

Forums? Email? Ticket system?

And any opinions / downside to the different ways to do it?

We use all the support methods you listed above. All have there advantages and disdvantages.

Forums - Forums are good because it also offers the oportunity for users to help each other. But forums need to be moderated for spam etc

Email - Email is also a good way to provide support, but some customers get anoyed if they wait too long for a reply and if you use email you may find yourself getting more spam than support requests.

Ticket System - A ticketing system is an exellent way to provide support, again as long as support requests are answered in a reasonable time. It is easy to use and requests can be split per department making them easier to answer.

I prefer Ticketing systems and forums. But I think the more choice you offer the better. Some customer may prefer to email you than use forums etc

I hope this helps.

We use phone, forums, e-mail, and tickets. We offer a variety as every client is different as to what they prefer. Some only use e-mail some phone, and vice versa. So it is best to offer a mix of support so the client may pick which he prefers. We personally prefer tickets ourselves as it keeps everything in one place.

toll free 800

Thanks. I'm just working up my business ideas still. Taking my time make sure I got my bases covered.

The company I get my reseller account from uses forms for support.

My company offers support via the following methods:

• Help Desk
    • Phone
    • Fax

We find that support via e-mail and help desk are the best; also mostly used. Fax and phone are used by either local clients or larger companies; also phone and fax is only used for consultancy clients.

I personally think all methods are good, and in the case of my company they all do work very well. I'd of course rather have e-mail or Help Desk, however of course you need to offer a wide variety I think.

You should offer what you can, and what you think is best. My company offers all those varieties since I don't only do web hosting, however also do a lot of consultancy services - and those clients want more than e-mail and help desk since they pay a lot more than web hosting clients.

If you're only doing web hosting, well then e-mail and a help desk should work out 100%.

Hope this helps.

Email and helpdesk. Simple, but it works. Everybody is happy with it.

Greetings:

We offer the following methods to our customers:

* Toll free phone in North America
    * Regular phone support internationally
    * Cell phone / pager
    * Email
    * Ticket system
    * FAX (not often used, but wet get about six fax tickets a year).

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

We are s free host so we have to cut down on a lot of such stuff

Basically we have
    - forums
    - eMail
    - MSN
    - Phone and FAX are seldom used
    -=- GQ Hong -=-
    GalacNet WebMaster

We offer 24/7 toll free phone, chat, email and trouble ticket support. I highly recommend having some sort of chat feature on your site. It seems to make a world of difference with our customers. Plus one tech can handle several chats at one time but only one phone call. Good luck!
    Ceridius Networks Sales
    Email/MSN [email protected]
    Ceridius Networks - Reseller of Hivelocity Hosting
    Network Speed Test

24-7 chat support through different IMs i.e. AOL, Yahoo!, MSN.
    Also using Phplive, help desk, community, fax, toll free phone, request call back.

"Web Hosting is not just about selling space, it is about facilitating customers needs with your plans and supporting the customer for a long lasting mutually beneficial relationship."- Yaser