Admin - Ensim to Cpanel Move

I am looking for an admin with experience in moving from Ensim to Cpanel. Both servers are Red Hat Linux, the destination is Red Hat Enterprise. There are approximately 35 accounts to be moved, and 4 are reseller accounts. I want to make the move of the accounts without losing anything. Many of the accounts have active email accounts, and mysql databases with dynamic sites. Some accounts have active SSL certs. Some accounts have unique IP addresses. None of the sites are unusually large in size or traffic. I would like to get a quote for assistance on this. Both servers are in production and stable, which means we want to minimize disruption of the sites.

Specifically, I would like a quote for:
    - Outline the migration steps required.
    - Make preparations on destination server, including verifying that the environment is correctly setup (php.ini, etc.). Identify any environment conditions that need to be changed prior to the move, and our administrator will make the changes before moving.
    - Identify any outages that would occur for the sites to be moved, prior to the move so that we could plan a window of downtime to minimize the impact.
    - Plan the necessary changes with DNS and zone files to allow the sites to continue operation with minimal downtime.
    - Perform the migration of the sites.
    - Verify that everything moved correctly prior to changing the zone files and starting the DNS changes.
    - Provide any follow-up support as required.

I am most interested in quotes from people that have done this before. But, if you can make a case that you can do it correctly the first time, I'll listen. Please send quotes by PM.
    Mike Collins
    PDAPhoneHome - Get Converged! : NorthEastFoto - Take a Picture!

AexiManagement could take care of this for around $100-$115, this would include a security audit on the "account receiving" servers and the transfer of all accounts.

We will make sure that every account transfers successfuly, and follow the progress of each site as the transfer takes place.

We will also offer a free 7-day support plan for this solution to make sure any arising problems are resolved as soon as possible.

If you are interested please feel free to contact us on...

AIM: AexiSupport
    MSN: [email protected]

hmm I thought WHM has this ultility inside to migrate Ensim accounts?

Anyway I just engaged rcs of www.uadm.com to migrate Cpanel to plesk (10 accounts) recently and he has done a neat job! A very patience and knowledge system admin.
    Last edited by Odd Fact; 05-05-2004 at 01:10 PM.

Originally posted by d3nnis
    hmm I thought WHM has this ultility inside to migrate Ensim accounts?
    That is correct, but its not exactly fool proof. I think you will notice you can also import plesk accounts.

Originally posted by AexiSolutions
    That is correct, but its not exactly fool proof. I think you will notice you can also import plesk accounts.
    yup i know. But previously I am moving from cpanel to plesk.

There is an option in WHM to import an account, but it isn't going to do everything, the way I understand it. For example, it doesn't take care of grouping accounts within a reseller, I think the database names may change, the paths on the servers may be different, etc. I want someone to help me that has lived through it and understands what things we need to deal with, so that I can explain to my clients AHEAD of time what they will need to change to prepare. Additionally, there are DNS issues to worry about that may result in sites being unavailable for days if not handled in the proper manner. So, although the function is on the menu, it doesn't mean that when you hit the button that all is going to be well.

Aexi, have you done work for other folks on WHT that could be a reference?
    Mike Collins

We have numerous references available, Not all of them are on wht but a few I could mention are...

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=267215

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=266982

Please let me know if I can be of any more assistance.

I can do it for $20. It's not at all a hard process and will provide cell phone and pager # in addition to AIM and MSN. I guarantee to have in done in half the time of others.

Will provide bullet-proof references on request!

This position has been filled. Thanks for all that offered.
    Mike Collins

I am interested in finding someone to help with this move again. In particular, I need a solution that will minimize the downtime of the clients. Many of the sites have MySQL databases, and although these do come over with the WHM utility, the names of the databases are changed during the transfer (Cpanel prefixes the DB names), and so any MySQL accounts will break without intervention. In addition, the path to /www changes when moving to Cpanel, and this could break some scripts. I am looking for someone that can help automate this, or manually go through the sites and find/fix the potential problems, and update the zone files on the old server so that the sites stay online after the move. If I can't find a way to do this, I will have to go client by client. Looking forward to a good solution for this.
    Mike Collins