Paypal makes me lose customers...

The problem is Paypal uses some strange kind of templates that many browsers do not support. When I contact my new customers because they didn't complete their order they tell me Paypal showed a template error and they gave it up... What can I do about it ? Is there a way to switch that s**t off and make Paypal compatible ?

This is something you should be taking up with PayPal.
    IdleServ // Web Hosting // Reseller Hosting // Domain Names
    Outstanding hosting and domain name services since 2003

Paypal hides their email addresses and phone numbers. I do not think they answer emails within less then 10 days.

Is it just the standard Paypal payment page you are referring to or do you mean one you created your self with the top and bottom section?
    -- Matthew

That's if they answer emails at all. They are a dodgy company.
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!

I have a payment button on my page that sends some predefined values to Paypal. Paypal then creates a page for the customer to pay. About two thirds of the customers have no problems but many of them get a template error (maybe because they have Java or Cookies off or something). I mean its fine if Paypal uses cookies or Java or whatever but it makes me lose customers and that's not fine.

Originally posted by MN-Robert
    That's if they answer emails at all. They are a dodgy company.
    Well, they belong to Ebay. They have 200 people in their staff but do not answer emails... Who understands this ??

Originally posted by taketo
    Well, they belong to Ebay. They have 200 people in their staff but do not answer emails... Who understands this ??
    Maybe because they have more than 30 million members and 20 millions of chargebacks a month? j/k

You need to become important to paypal - they gave us a telephone number we can call when ever we have problems, granted most months we do at least $5k through paypal.

You used to be able to call the number on the back of the debit card, but now they just tell you to use the web forms to submit complaints and information.
    -= System Administrator Windows/Linux - MCDST, MCP =-
    www.VETCOELECTRONICS.com

None of my customers have ever complained. What browsers are your customers using, who can't access it?

- Matt

Is it possible that the potential customers are trying to make a PayPal payment from an unsupported country?

Just a thought...
    SuperWebHost.com, a Digitally Justified Company
    Celebrating our 9th year in Business

Proudly Hosting with CANADIAN bandwidth
    Managed Hosting, Multi-Domain Hosting, Colocation, Merchant Accounts

Ive never had a problem with paypal support, They also answer teh phone right away and are courteous.
    http://www.elishac.com Elisha Cuthbert Gallery

Paypal hides their email addresses and phone numbers. I do not think they answer emails within less then 10 days.
    http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_contact-phone

No.

From my experience, Paypal answers all my enquiries in less than 5 days.

I've never had any complaints apart from the fact some customers are from countries that PayPal won't support.

The other annoying factor is that they don't show you any check number or IP address to country details on the receipt which would be even more useful when checking for fraud.

In the 18months I've been using PayPal as a business account I've had one charge back, one dispute and two reversals. The last three were fine and in fact the two reversals actually did business with us again later down the line. The chargeback was annoying as it was a ripped account and was the cause of one of my bits of software hitting the warez networks and I get charged a bloody fortune for it! All because someone probably gave their paypal password to one of these spam emails.

Not that difficult to find.

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_contact_us

On their home page, click on "Help". Then look for "Still having trouble? Contact Us" on the left hand side of the page.
    www.square-network.com www.squarenetwork.com
    Now available in regular and dehyphenated.
    May 2003 Member of the Month
    Useless Community Liason Ever Since.

Simple. Use eBay's checkout instead of Andale or one of those other horrible checkout methods. I always worry when I'm redirect to Paypal with the company's or individual's logo in a frame, as to whether I'm actually at Paypal or giving my password to some hacker. I don't bid on auctions that use checkout methods other than eBay's. Then again, I also don't bid if they don't accept Paypal, and I require payment by Paypal when I sell.

Charles.

paypal answer my email within few days....i guess this consider fast.

I've never had a problem with paypal answering my emails or calling them. They have always been polite and helpful.

What are you smoking? The email contacts and phone numbers are on the "contact" page. You know, that link at the bottom that says "contact". I usually get an email reply within 8 hours and someone always answers my call right away during call center hours.

Awknet - DDoS Mitigation, Upstream ACLs/Filtering, Unmanaged Dedicated Servers, BGP IP Transit & More!

If anyone is seeing the "template load error" message, could you please point me to a payment button where we can see what's going on? Thank you.

As others have noted, the phone number is easy to find, although you need to log in to get the 800 number.