Checking a site with dnsreport.com

I've used http://www.dnsreport.com to check how a couple of domains work with different hosts (including the home page of some hosts) with various results. Some sites give no error messages at all (only a few warnings, which are not always reflecting real problems, while others generate a lot of red text.) Being a novice when it comes to the technical aspects of name servers etc, I'd like to hear if others have tried dnsreport.com with their sites and have any comments.

I used onlinemalls.com for a while, their own sites generated some errors ('fail'), but my site with them didn't. I checked P4host.com (their home page): no fail's either. My current two hosts generate red... Comments welcome!

dnsreport is an excellent way of checking your DNS setup (+ mail basics, plus web basics). I use it a lot. And it is the best way I know for quickly getting to root of problems like "my web site stopped working"
    RimuHosting.com - VPS Hosting and Dedicated Server Hosting since 2003
    Pingability.com - Peace of Mind Web Site Monitoring

Re: Checking a site with dnsreport.com

Originally posted by Korn
    I've used http://www.dnsreport.com to check how a couple of domains work with different hosts (including the home page of some hosts) with various results. Some sites give no error messages at all (only a few warnings, which are not always reflecting real problems, while others generate a lot of red text.) Being a novice when it comes to the technical aspects of name servers etc, I'd like to hear if others have tried dnsreport.com with their sites and have any comments.

I used onlinemalls.com for a while, their own sites generated some errors ('fail'), but my site with them didn't. I checked P4host.com (their home page): no fail's either. My current two hosts generate red... Comments welcome!
    you need to have rDNS, and entry of for ns.host4u.net.ns2.host4u.net.
    P4HOST.COM -- Specialize in quality Web Hosting solutions.
    Affordable -- Prices are very comparative
    Reliable -- Very low load average guaranteed. 60 day money back. Fast Support --Support Forum -- Providing hosting since 2003

" you need to have rDNS, and entry of for ns.host4u.net.ns2.host4u.net."

Please elaborate....?? What about rDNS? (And about ns.host4u.net, just to clarify, I'm not with P4host.com...)

Originally posted by retep
    dnsreport is an excellent way of checking your DNS setup (+ mail basics, plus web basics). I use it a lot. And it is the best way I know for quickly getting to root of problems like "my web site stopped working"
    When I checked my main site, I got this message (among others):

"Error: At least one of your WWW IPs is not a public IP. [---] That means that some or all people trying to get to your web site will not be able to get there."

Do you know what I / my host can do to fix that?

I have used the service for some time with great success. It's
    perfect to help novices learn the importance of the different
    steps of administrating their own DNS.

elPresidente
    SiteSled.com
    http://www.sitesled.com
    100% Free Web Hosting
    Come on and Take a Free Ride!

Hi elPresidente, retep and inteltechs... I like this tool too, but would like to know what do when we get the error message below ( "Error: At least one of your WWW IPs is not a public IP. [---] That means that some or all people trying to get to your web site will not be able to get there."). Anyone?

Very interesting, I wish I knew enough about the technology to understand the errors I saw on my domain.
    9/11 Memorial, do you have a story to tell?
    United Web Site Award Givers, do you believe your site is worthy of an award?

Was told by Scott from dnsreport.com that non public IPs shown in the report are usually those that have been newly issued and ARIN is slow to update their IP->country database (the one used by the DNS report).

Dnsreport.com gives error for all the ThePlanet/ServerMatrix ip's as "it is not a public ip"
    This is a wrong report and most of our customers whom check their domain status from there always ask about that and they are curious why are there a problem like that.
    Ofcourse we are not happy about this wrong report for the public ip's, i think that DnsReport.com must solve this wrong report error which causes inconveniences between the customers for nothing.