* new Payment Gateway

Hello!

I want to develop my own payment gateway like 2checkout.com

Can any one guide me the procedure for that

I am a good ASP and PHP programmer .....

I just need to know what are the procedure and how to begin..

Ananda Raj Pandey

Hello Ananda,

The thing to keep in mind is that developing a payment gateway and a third party processing service are two entirely different things. 2Checkout is not a gateway but rather a third party processor - at least, to use the common definition of it.

You may want to do a search on the forums here regarding that as there have been a number of discussions on it - but long story short, it is nearly impossible to setup a new "2CO-type" company these days.

Programming skills are just one small piece in a huge puzzle. You would need a vast amount of capital, banking connections and an experienced team for risk management, deployment, support, operations, etc.

Even if your goal is to just build a payment gateway like Authorize.Net - that is a daunting task. The front-end customer part of the interface is the easy part.

The tricky part is when you have to go through VISA's CISP compliance audits, setup multiple redundant servers, setup and configure interfaces into the major bankcard processing networks and pay some of them to help you integrate & audit your finished system.

This can take many, many months of hard work, discussion, planning and implementation and many tens of thousands of dollars (at just the very most basic level!) to complete.

In no way am I trying to discourage you from building your own system - I'm just pointing out that it is a significant undertaking which you will want to be prepared for prior to starting to spend any time or money on it.
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!

Thank you very much for your reply.

Let me explain what excatly i am looking for ..

I want to make third party system..

I just want to take any merchant account and the gateway service.

Then my question is...

If i make the font end like 2CO , then can i make system like them...

all the payment transaction part will be handle by the merchant account provider and gateway provider ...??

can i do that...

thank you again

Ananda

It is very difficult - it not imposssible - to locate a Cc processor who will open up an account for you for third party processing. You need to locate a bank to sponsor you.

You might take a look at these threads to see what has been discussed:
    building a 3rd party processor company
    VISA Regulations - Requirements for Processors

Thank you for your help.

I have one question.

can you just check pay-line.com i dont think they have gone through all the complicated process...????

Well I am not too sure what you are asking? You say they make it look simple - simple to connect to the gateway or simple to sign up?

Starting up a third party processor / gateway is no easy task. But once you do - you want the process of merchants signing up to use your services / gateway to be very easy.