Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1

    Need dedicated server at Virginia

    I need dedicated server in Virginia or near this state and accept credit card for payment (I only can pay by CC), What do you suggest?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Posts
    6,835
    http://www.recongamer.com, that's all I know of

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    8,299
    Servint is in McClean Virginia.
    DefenderHosting.Com also has a location in Equinix in Virginia.

  4. #4
    hmmm....servint, I heard that they're good, but looks like they're little bit expensive. I need server arround $150 - $175 with some server management. I need PIV with dual HD and at least 1 Gb RAM and 500 Gb b/w. Are there servers like that?

    Anyway thanks guys

  5. #5
    superb servers is great
    Robin Alex
    At your service....

  6. #6
    Originally posted by adidasrta
    superb servers is great
    But I dont think they provide server management included on their basic prices.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    5,512
    I reckon what you're looking for would be rather hard to come by. Try to PM mripguru , I think he might have a cabinet at Level(3) here in Richmond, although im not sure what his offerings are.

  8. #8
    Ok, thanks guys

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,974
    Well, get a server from superbservers and get external management company to manage your server, say serveradmins.biz or rack911.com

  10. #10
    Well this message board just told me I can't post urls. So, the url I was going to post is assortedinternet and after that a dot with a com!

    I just went back and forth with them and bailed out because they only give you one ip per server (plus dns) and their per-ip cost is high. But they seemed ok otherwise,

    rw

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    US
    Posts
    517
    assortedinternet looks to be a superb reseller correct me if im wrong

  12. #12
    Dunno if Georgia's too far south for you, but if it isn't, GNAX is an option. You usually have to go through a reseller to get good prices; Try tranxactglobal.com or HiyaCorp.com
    If the bigger hosts are fancy French restaurants, consider my service the friendly small-town diner.
    HostMidwest.com- you deserve honest, helpful, and reliable service!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    2,760
    Check out ServInt.com .

    -Josh

  14. #14
    Greetings:

    NTT/Verio -- http://www.verio.com/ --- has several data centers in VA --> Dulles, Alexandria, (there is a 3rd, but I forget the city).

    Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

  15. #15
    Originally posted by Nessun
    assortedinternet looks to be a superb reseller correct me if im wrong
    Their dns is all in the same subnet.

    And I spoke with a woman who was very unhappy with them and left- but you know, that's just one person. I really don't know.

  16. #16
    Hmm, actually GNAX has stolen my heart, but I do not live in America, so basically I don't know how the distance will affect the connection or data transfer. So, after these answers, i want to ask:
    Is it all right to use Gnax or even The planet DC while the data entry and b/w demand will come from Virginia?

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    5,512
    Atlanta is a good 8 - 10 hr drive from here in Richmond, so I would reckon that GNAX would be rather far . I would contact mripguru simply because theres little to no co-location options available in Richmond outside of the Level(3) facility in the West End and Dominion Virginia Power downtown, so you'll have a nice unique location

  18. #18
    Thanks DeathNova, but I do not want colocation, we need dedicated server, because my client (the project owner) & me in Indonesia, I think will go to much to use colocation.
    Virginia will be only used to input data, but the payment will come from Indonesia, rather strange isn't it?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    204
    servint used to have a specials page for WHT.... but prices would still be a bit more than what you wanted.

  20. #20
    Originally posted by lnguyen
    servint used to have a specials page for WHT.... but prices would still be a bit more than what you wanted.
    Looks like there're no special items anymore

  21. #21
    Originally posted by l0ck_up
    Hmm, actually GNAX has stolen my heart, but I do not live in America, so basically I don't know how the distance will affect the connection or data transfer. So, after these answers, i want to ask:
    Is it all right to use Gnax or even The planet DC while the data entry and b/w demand will come from Virginia?
    Unless you're doing something like snapping domain names, having your DS in Georgia rather than Virginia isn't going to be a huge deal. What'll be important will be the connection GNAX has to Virginia; I'm very sure it'll be a strong connection.
    If the bigger hosts are fancy French restaurants, consider my service the friendly small-town diner.
    HostMidwest.com- you deserve honest, helpful, and reliable service!

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    5,512
    Originally posted by DeathNova
    Atlanta is a good 8 - 10 hr drive from here in Richmond, so I would reckon that GNAX would be rather far . I would contact mripguru simply because theres little to no co-location options available in Richmond outside of the Level(3) facility in the West End and Dominion Virginia Power downtown, so you'll have a nice unique location
    I'm pretty certain he can offer dedicated servers as well.

  23. #23
    Hmm, so Gnax would be a good alternative right? What about The planet, is it still good?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •